• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Amazon Germany lists GTA V for PC; Special Edition possibly detailed

Gangxxter

....what? Do we live in the same Germany?
I don't live in Germany at all :p

But yeah, you're right. I exaggerated a little bit. Nonetheless many games with violent content are cut in Germany, though it got much better in the recent past.

Jtrizzy

I'll just rent the console version either way. I'm done paying $60 for 720p sub 30 fps games. It's been almost a year since I've purchased anything other than madden for console.

SparkTR

Wasnt there some rumor on PC version being announced on may 16th or something?

Rumor was the next generation and PC versions may be announced at the Take2 investor meeting this month. Makes no sense given it'll cannibalize sales on the current gen version, but I'm much prefer the PC port to be based off next gen as opposed to current gen.

Murrah

Banned
Good news but I think everyone was expecting it. Just wish it was actually launching with the console versions, no intention of buying it on anything else and that wait is gonna hurt

ekim

Rumor was the next generation and PC versions may be announced at the Take2 investor meeting this month. Makes no sense given it'll cannibalize sales on the current gen version, but I'm much prefer the PC port to be based off next gen as opposed to current gen.

If there is a next gen version I expect it to have better resolution, AA, AF and drawing distances.

Valnen

If this is well optimized and comes with all the options people expect out of a PC game I'll buy it. But GTA games don't exactly have a great history of being good ports.

SparkTR

If there is a next gen version I expect it to have better resolution, AA, AF and drawing distances.

I'd expect that plus more refined use of DX11 and tessellation effects we saw in Max Payne 3 PC. At least that's bare bones what I expect out of a PC version regardless of next gen.

Nugg

The PC version has been listed on Amazon France for a while now, I'm not sure it means anything. Amazon being Amazon.

ArjanN

gamesonly.at also has this listed:

packshot_Metal_Gear_Solid__Rising__uncut_Edition__PC_2011_12_08_10_50_28_H_f7a2d34647fbe55bbf40b72f54080e1e.jpg

But they also have several other kind of questionable entries like Star Wars 1313 and Prey 2.

BREAKING NEWS!

I don't care where GTA V comes out, I'll buy it 3 times if I have to. This gen, next gen, PC.

PC country

Look, Rockstar: everybody knows that this will find its way to the PC platform - the question is if you guys are finally done with your year 2000+ mindset and ready to release this at the same time like the console versions/ just a few weeks later like MP3

It's not a year 2000 mindset, it's a money mindset. Do they actually lose sales on the PC? For people that are PC only they do not. For people with both, they will buy either one and without a release date for PC we're looking at double dippers like me. I think not announcing only gains them sales, if they announced it 'officially' you may have some people with both waiting for the PC release where as with RDR you had the people 'waiting for the PC release' buying it on a console.

Top Bottom