• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

RiderKairuu
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:55 PM)
RiderKairuu's Avatar
The NF this week is pretty chill compared the other weeks. Was actually able to finish it multiple times with little trouble.
Deku Tree
Member
(10-12-2017, 11:58 PM)
Deku Tree's Avatar
ďThe last thing we want to do is fix an exploit some players are using, only to break other parts of the game for everyone.Ē

I like this new Bungie.

I remember when they broke Crota for like a whole year just to patch the Ethernet cord exploit that scrubs who couldnít beat the encounter legit were using.
TheSchwab_7
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:10 AM)
TheSchwab_7's Avatar
My past 4 exotic engrams have been Nezarec's Sin. What the hell is this?
Ruthless_Barbarian
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:14 AM)
Ruthless_Barbarian's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSchwab_7

My past 4 exotic engrams have been Nezarec's Sin. What the hell is this?

R
N
G
Pop
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:29 AM)
Pop's Avatar

Originally Posted by TheSchwab_7

My past 4 exotic engrams have been Nezarec's Sin. What the hell is this?

Not enough loot. Bare minimum

But I'm sure this will be addressed in dlc if you're willing to pay up.
Detective
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:43 AM)
Detective's Avatar
Since I have every exotic Iíve been saving the engrams for the future. No point on opening them now.
Zereta
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:55 AM)
Zereta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Detective

Since I have every exotic Iíve been saving the engrams for the future. No point on opening them now.

I doubt that's gonna work the way you hope it's going to work.
Mezoly
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:55 AM)
Mezoly's Avatar

Originally Posted by Detective

Since I have every exotic I’ve been saving the engrams for the future. No point on opening them now.

Doesn't exotic engrams have a pool of loot? So assuming new exotics comes along, your engrams still won't be those since the pool has been determined the moment you got the engram.

To test for yourself, you could preview the pool of items for each engram by pressing triangle.
Aztechnology
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:00 AM)
Aztechnology's Avatar

Originally Posted by tearsintherain

The bad part is you know in 1, 2, or 3 months they will patch the game so the next IB has armor drop every game end scoreboard, SINCE THAT MAKES SENSE AND HOW IT HAPPENED IN D1 Y3, so trying too hard now to get armor just means you will have that armor a few weeks before someone can do it in 1/10th the time.

I played till I got the 10 engrams emblem, got only the boots on my titan, and not playing IB anymore until they patch it.

Its definitely going to be fascinating seeing the DLC plans and release times, especially with PC coming out in 13 days. Will they stick with simultaneous release on all 3 platforms still?

Yea, I'm just going to replace it with the prestige raid gear anyway too. I want those 10 or so hours of my life back.
Mindlog
(10-13-2017, 01:12 AM)
Mindlog's Avatar
Running a little high on sidearms for IB packages there RNG. Going to need you to dial it back significantly.

Next two packages.
Warlock Arms dupe.
Grenade Launcher dupe.



YES!

It's a good thing the games have been sort of OK. It feels like perhaps not OK enough to continue.
Crimson_Gold
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:15 AM)
Crimson_Gold's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mindlog

Running a little high on sidearms for IB packages there RNG. Going to need you to dial it back significantly.

Replace sidearms with scout rifles for me
Ruthless_Barbarian
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:18 AM)
Ruthless_Barbarian's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mezoly


To test for yourself, you could preview the pool of items for each engram by pressing triangle.

Previewing the exotic engram does nothing. Every engram can drop 1 of the 15 exotic guns or 1 of the 10-12 armors for your class.

With any luck you'll end up with a dupe because that is how the system is designed to keep you playing.
psynergylover
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:30 AM)
psynergylover's Avatar
when Bungie puts you in an IB match 21-81...this seems winnable...
catspit
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:31 AM)
catspit's Avatar

Originally Posted by Mindlog

Prestige Nightfall for my Titan: Actium War Rig.
Crucible Weekly for my Titan: Sweet Business.

Jackpot.

doing prestige NF Tonight?
j-wood
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:35 AM)
j-wood's Avatar
Would anyone want to do the raid tonight with me and a friend? Both above 280 light but havenít done the raid before. Looking to do it in about an hour or so
sturgboski
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:55 AM)

Originally Posted by psynergylover

when Bungie puts you in an IB match 21-81...this seems winnable...

"Hey champ, hey big guy, you showed up didnt you. Here, have these two tokens to feel better."
Mindlog
(10-13-2017, 01:56 AM)
Mindlog's Avatar

Originally Posted by catspit

doing prestige NF Tonight?

Not tonight, but perhaps Saturday.
Flying Toaster
Member
(10-13-2017, 01:56 AM)
Flying Toaster's Avatar

Originally Posted by sturgboski

"Hey champ, hey big guy, you showed up didnt you. Here, have these two tokens to feel better."

Those tokens are serious business!
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:01 AM)
Lunafreya Nox Fleuret's Avatar
Disrespectful stare seems pretty good in pvp.
_Legacy_
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:16 AM)
_Legacy_'s Avatar
So I just completed the raid on my Titan, turned in my tokens and got 2x Ghost Primus, I've already had a tonne of those. So fuck you sweeper bot.

Turn in my 2 exotics and get 2x Coldheart. WTF is this?
zewone
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:28 AM)
zewone's Avatar
Don't care about exploits or prestige raids. Where's my damn HDR at, Bungee?
Greenymac
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:31 AM)
Greenymac's Avatar

Originally Posted by zewone

Don't care about exploits or prestige raids. Where's my damn HDR at, Bungee?

I'm with you on the HDR. I didn't go buy a new TV for nothing....
GuitarAtomik
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:35 AM)
GuitarAtomik's Avatar
This is probably the coolest thing I've done in Crucible between D1 and D2 lol.

Acorn
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:37 AM)
Acorn's Avatar
Yo, Bungie Dev team just saved my ass in a solo heroic pub.

I was getting my ass kicked at the glimmer stage.
mhayze
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:49 AM)
mhayze's Avatar

Originally Posted by Acorn

Yo, Bungie Dev team just saved my ass in a solo heroic pub.

I was getting my ass kicked at the glimmer stage.

You mean someone from the bungie dev team logged in and played heroic pub with you?
Vincent Alexander
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:52 AM)
Vincent Alexander's Avatar
Looking to do some Prestige NightFall or Iron Banner tonight on PS4. I'm on now if you want to join up. Just doing a bit of Iron Banner at the moment (no mic, got Cubs game on).
Acorn
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:58 AM)
Acorn's Avatar

Originally Posted by mhayze

You mean someone from the bungie dev team logged in and played heroic pub with you?

They were just around nessus. Got the "bungie Dev team is near" thing before the pub. He zoomed off after doing the "has your back emote".

Probably just going around helping people with pubs.
xplicitone
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:15 AM)
xplicitone's Avatar

Originally Posted by GuitarAtomik

This is probably the coolest thing I've done in Crucible between D1 and D2 lol.

Plays like that are HYPE AS FUCK.
Super battles in Destiny are always awesome.
zewone
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:15 AM)
zewone's Avatar
I'm 100% positive that was a real Bungie employee.
all of my hate
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:16 AM)
all of my hate's Avatar

Originally Posted by GuitarAtomik

This is probably the coolest thing I've done in Crucible between D1 and D2 lol.

Vincent Alexander
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:22 AM)
Vincent Alexander's Avatar

Originally Posted by xplicitone

Plays like that are HYPE AS FUCK.
Super battles in Destiny are always awesome.

Shiiiit. I didn't even notice the other guy loaded up his super. That is good shit. I'd be tweeting that to Bungie.
Kadey
Mrs. Harvey
(10-13-2017, 03:27 AM)
Kadey's Avatar
Wagon?
ipitythafool32
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:29 AM)
ipitythafool32's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kadey

Wagon?

I'm game
Vincent Alexander
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:38 AM)
Vincent Alexander's Avatar
I hate to keep adding onto this train, but I just got my 4th Merciless. Grumpy.

Also just got a Tarantula. A Linear Fusion Rifle. What the heck is this.
mhayze
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:42 AM)
mhayze's Avatar
Playing iron banner solo is such a shit show. I have 8 matches in a row where I have the highest individual score, and lost 7 of those. Once people see me in the lead on my time they all crowd around me on capture points [ hint: multiple people on a capture point does not help in any way in D2 ]. We don't need 3 people staring at each other, dancing while capturing a point, so I run in the opposite direction, looking for an angle on the lanes as the enemy team starts to converge, and they all abandon the capture < facepalm >. When me and a blueberry start to teamshoot a guy, they stop shooting and watch. WTF. Once they realize they're losing they leave the match, leaving it at 2v4 while the score is barely below even - no consolation prize medallions for you
Cornbread78
(10-13-2017, 03:43 AM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vincent Alexander

I hate to keep adding onto this train, but I just got my 4th Merciless. Grumpy.

Also just got a Tarantula. A Linear Fusion Rifle. What the heck is this.


I'm good dor at least 1 or 2 Tarantulas each week from legendary engrams...
Vincent Alexander
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:47 AM)
Vincent Alexander's Avatar

Originally Posted by mhayze

Playing iron banner solo is such a shit show. I have 8 matches in a row where I have the highest individual score, and lost 7 of those. Once people see me in the lead on my time they all crowd around me on capture points [hint: multiple people on a capture point does not help in any way in D2]. We don't need 3 people staring at each other, dancing while capturing a point, so I run in the opposite direction, looking for an angle on the lanes as the enemy team starts to converge, and they all abandon the capture < facepalm >. When me and a blueberry start to teamshoot a guy, they stop shooting and watch. WTF. Once they realize they're losing the leave the match - no consolation prize medallions for you

I've been surprised at my good luck solo in Crucible so far. Especially Iron Banner. I just played a quick 4 games solo and won 3 of 4. The last one I played against a group of 4 that had queued up together, and we stomped them rotten. Felt real good. Now I've probably jinxed myself.

Originally Posted by Cornbread78

I'm good dor at least 1 or 2 Tarantulas each week from legendary engrams...

Well....now I don't feel so special anymore. -tosses gun in garbage-
brianjones
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:49 AM)
brianjones's Avatar

Originally Posted by mhayze

Playing iron banner solo is such a shit show. I have 8 matches in a row where I have the highest individual score, and lost 7 of those. Once people see me in the lead on my time they all crowd around me on capture points [ hint: multiple people on a capture point does not help in any way in D2 ]. We don't need 3 people staring at each other, dancing while capturing a point, so I run in the opposite direction, looking for an angle on the lanes as the enemy team starts to converge, and they all abandon the capture < facepalm >. When me and a blueberry start to teamshoot a guy, they stop shooting and watch. WTF. Once they realize they're losing they leave the match, leaving it at 2v4 while the score is barely below even - no consolation prize medallions for you

yep itís total garbage

canít win a fucking match

the fact you get more than twice as many tokens for a win makes solo a waste of time
Fjordson
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:50 AM)
Fjordson's Avatar
Is there any sort of dependable way to go after an epic Kinetic weapon mod? Or do I just have to pray that the Gunsmith gives me one?
Kadey
Mrs. Harvey
(10-13-2017, 03:51 AM)
Kadey's Avatar
I use to like strikers the most but nerfed skating and shoulder charge makes warlocks better. Wedding dress wagon. Sorry full for now Pity.
Vincent Alexander
Member
(10-13-2017, 03:59 AM)
Vincent Alexander's Avatar
Yeah...I didn't jinx myself. Solo against another 4 man squad and we rocked 'em. No one on my team looked to be together. Started neck-and-neck, then around 40 points we jumped ahead about 20 and they never came back....well. Except I just turned in for my 5th Iron Banner package and have gotten 0 armor so far. It's the only reason I'm doing this.
Kadey
Mrs. Harvey
(10-13-2017, 04:02 AM)
Kadey's Avatar
How the hell is there no marcy in 100 to 21 score.
Vincent Alexander
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:09 AM)
Vincent Alexander's Avatar
Anyone wanna join buddy and I for regular NightFall?
Cornbread78
(10-13-2017, 04:10 AM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Kadey

I use to like strikers the most but nerfed skating and shoulder charge makes warlocks better. Wedding dress wagon. Sorry full for now Pity.

Use the Xenosilver shader with the warlock and ypu have a romantic touch to that dress
mhayze
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:12 AM)
mhayze's Avatar

Originally Posted by Fjordson

Is there any sort of dependable way to go after an epic Kinetic weapon mod? Or do I just have to pray that the Gunsmith gives me one?

Not that I've found, stats-wise I think you have just under 33% chance of a legendary kinetic for every pair of components you turn in. So if you have 6 components, you will most likely get one. In reality, you have 33% chance each time, so you could get one in the first roll, or you could use 20 pairs of components and still not get one. Of course you can dismantle each elemental mod you get instead of a kinetic, and use those components too.
Glimmer runs through real quick if you keep getting bad luck.
HiredN00bs
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:15 AM)
HiredN00bs's Avatar
Best to message randos not to go to points already being cap'd before the match starts. It's not well communicated that this doesn't benefit capture time.
Cornbread78
(10-13-2017, 04:23 AM)
Cornbread78's Avatar

Originally Posted by Vincent Alexander

Well....now I don't feel so special anymore. -tosses gun in garbage-


Good place for it. I won't even keep for alts....

Dismantled!
border
wears the band's shirts to the band's concerts
can't comprehend the origin of terms
(10-13-2017, 04:43 AM)
border's Avatar
What do you get as the Milestone reward after 10 Iron Banner packages? I was trying to keep myself un-spoiled so it would be a surprise.....but I imagine it's just going to be disappointing anyway.
Mocha Nova Coffee Scotia
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:45 AM)
Mocha Nova Coffee Scotia's Avatar

Originally Posted by border

What do you get as the Milestone reward after 10 Iron Banner packages? I was trying to keep myself un-spoiled so it would be a surprise.....but I imagine it's just going to be disappointing anyway.

You were right. An emblem and some more shaders.
DreadfulOmen
Member
(10-13-2017, 04:47 AM)
DreadfulOmen's Avatar
Turned in 20 IB packages and got the same shader and scout rifle over and over. Some lame ass shit.

Thread Tools