• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF
  • Like

AusGAF (2016) : Page 197
Poimandres
Member
(10-12-2017, 10:23 PM)
Poimandres's Avatar

Originally Posted by Shaneus

Quality wise in general, would you say it's pretty good? It's basically the one I'm looking at getting.

Yeah definitely a quality product. Not the best of the best in terms of specs etc but there's really not much that can compete in the price range. What size would you be looking at?
c1d
Junior Member
(10-12-2017, 11:33 PM)

Originally Posted by Omikron

Super international Cricket.

Those leg glances for six every time
ThoseDeafMutes
Four naan Jeremy? Four? That's insane.
(10-12-2017, 11:57 PM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar

Originally Posted by Omikron

Super international Cricket.

HOWSAT

H-H-HOW-HOW-H-H-HOWSAT
ThoseDeafMutes
Four naan Jeremy? Four? That's insane.
(10-13-2017, 12:09 AM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar
Alert, alert, Black Friday Harvey Norman Sale has 55" Sony X9000E at 1800 dollars.
jambo
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:16 AM)
jambo's Avatar
Weird that they're having a sale to commemorate the 1939 bushfires where 71 people died.
ThoseDeafMutes
Four naan Jeremy? Four? That's insane.
(10-13-2017, 12:38 AM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar

Originally Posted by jambo

Weird that they're having a sale to commemorate the 1939 bushfires where 71 people died.

I guess you could call it a fire sale.
viciouskillersquirrel
NeoGAF's Emotion Exchequer Extraordinaire
(10-13-2017, 12:46 AM)
viciouskillersquirrel's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

Alert, alert, Black Friday Harvey Norman Sale has 55" Sony X9000E at 1800 dollars.

Why is it I never have spare money when these things come up?
jambo
Member
(10-13-2017, 12:50 AM)
jambo's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

I guess you could call it a fire sale.

HolyCheck
I want a tag give me a tag
(10-13-2017, 01:29 AM)
HolyCheck's Avatar

Originally Posted by jambo

Weird that they're having a sale to commemorate the 1939 bushfires where 71 people died.

i thought it was generally a "don't go there" thing in Australia because of this for a long time...

do people not care now? :(

are we out of touch? or is it the children who are out of touch?
Jintor
Lit himself on fire to get
a mod to tag him
(10-13-2017, 01:32 AM)
Jintor's Avatar
NSW/VIC hasn't burned to a crisp on a friday since last year so everybody forgot it.
jambo
Member
(10-13-2017, 02:31 AM)
jambo's Avatar

Originally Posted by HolyCheck

i thought it was generally a "don't go there" thing in Australia because of this for a long time...

do people not care now? :(

are we out of touch? or is it the children who are out of touch?

I could understand a little bit if it was a giant multinational, but it's fucking Hardly Normals!
HolyCheck
I want a tag give me a tag
(10-13-2017, 02:34 AM)
HolyCheck's Avatar

Originally Posted by jambo

I could understand a little bit if it was a giant multinational, but it's fucking Hardly Normals!


yeh thats the bit that weirds me.

if there are two i'd expect not to go there, it would be harvey norman and dick smiths if they still existed
30yearsofhurt
Member
(10-13-2017, 05:28 AM)
30yearsofhurt's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

I guess you could call it a fire sale.

mikezilla2
Member
(10-13-2017, 10:45 AM)
More importantly is there anything in this Fire Sale that would Warrant Such the A thing ?
SuperBanana
(10-13-2017, 06:36 PM)
SuperBanana's Avatar
The Super Mario Odyssey Edition Switch is $11 more than buying a regular Switch and the game. So I'm paying more for slightly redder controller handles? No thanks.
reptilescorpio
Member
(10-13-2017, 10:57 PM)
reptilescorpio's Avatar

Originally Posted by SuperBanana

The Super Mario Odyssey Edition Switch is $11 more than buying a regular Switch and the game. So I'm paying more for slightly redder controller handles? No thanks.

Joy cons are super collectible, the different colours have been selling extremely well so far!
ThoseDeafMutes
Four naan Jeremy? Four? That's insane.
(10-13-2017, 11:02 PM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar

Originally Posted by SuperBanana

The Super Mario Odyssey Edition Switch is $11 more than buying a regular Switch and the game. So I'm paying more for slightly redder controller handles? No thanks.

It comes with a travel case which goes for like $25. It's also an odyssey themed case.
reptilescorpio
Member
(10-13-2017, 11:32 PM)
reptilescorpio's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

It comes with a travel case which goes for like $25. It's also an odyssey themed case.

No case
MoonGred
Member
(10-13-2017, 11:36 PM)
MoonGred's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

It comes with a travel case which goes for like $25. It's also an odyssey themed case.

Are you sure? I can't find anything about a case.
MoonGred
Member
(10-13-2017, 11:53 PM)
MoonGred's Avatar
I'm in the middle of renewing my passport but because I have to go through the Belgian embassy the whole thing will take a while.
It hasn't expired yet but will in May 2018 which is when I plan to do some travelling. Are there any issues with booking flights now and giving them passport details that will be outdated?
Flights seem to be fairly cheap at the moment so I don't really want to put it off.
ThoseDeafMutes
Four naan Jeremy? Four? That's insane.
(10-14-2017, 12:16 AM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar

Originally Posted by reptilescorpio

No case

Originally Posted by MoonGred

Are you sure? I can't find anything about a case.

The fuck?

I swear when I checked a month ago they did say it had it. Now looking at it, it seems like that might have been from outdated listings based on the US version, which DOES apparently come with the case.
reptilescorpio
Member
(10-14-2017, 02:20 AM)
reptilescorpio's Avatar

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

The fuck?

I swear when I checked a month ago they did say it had it. Now looking at it, it seems like that might have been from outdated listings based on the US version, which DOES apparently come with the case.

US get the Switch case while we get the game case instead.
Recreat3
Member
(10-14-2017, 06:54 AM)
Recreat3's Avatar

Originally Posted by MoonGred

I'm in the middle of renewing my passport but because I have to go through the Belgian embassy the whole thing will take a while.
It hasn't expired yet but will in May 2018 which is when I plan to do some travelling. Are there any issues with booking flights now and giving them passport details that will be outdated?
Flights seem to be fairly cheap at the moment so I don't really want to put it off.

Hmm not sure about that one. Ring the embassy. Not sure if you keep the same passport number when you renew?

Is it harder to renew a passport once it expires? I had to get an emergency passport when i was travelling last year and now it has expired. Dont plan on travelling soon but id like to renew it soon.
MoonGred
Member
(10-14-2017, 07:09 AM)
MoonGred's Avatar

Originally Posted by Recreat3

Hmm not sure about that one. Ring the embassy. Not sure if you keep the same passport number when you renew?

Is it harder to renew a passport once it expires? I had to get an emergency passport when i was travelling last year and now it has expired. Dont plan on travelling soon but id like to renew it soon.

There shouldn't be much difference, it will most likely be the same paperwork. It makes sense to renew your Australian one as they last 10years. Belgian ones on the other hand only last 5, and require some weird biometric data which means i either go to Canberra or wait for the yearly consul visit to Melbourne.
30yearsofhurt
Member
(10-14-2017, 11:50 PM)
30yearsofhurt's Avatar

Originally Posted by MoonGred

I'm in the middle of renewing my passport but because I have to go through the Belgian embassy the whole thing will take a while.
It hasn't expired yet but will in May 2018 which is when I plan to do some travelling. Are there any issues with booking flights now and giving them passport details that will be outdated?
Flights seem to be fairly cheap at the moment so I don't really want to put it off.

Absolutely. Some places you can't enter if you have less than 6 monthe left on your passport, other places can be fine.
I had a return trip to Japan in 2014 where my passport was due to expire 2 months after I got back and Jetstar wouldn't let me on the plane till they got approval from their higher ups that I would be okay. Call whoever you're booking with to check.
endlessflood
Member
(10-15-2017, 03:47 AM)
For anyone getting Gran Turismo Sport, the ever helpful bargain guide is up - god bless the kind soul responsible :)

https://press-start.com.au/bargain-g...o-sport-cheap/

It looks like Aussies will be playing on Japanese servers, but I have to say that the netcode in the demo was amazing and completely sold me on the game. I was in a 24 car race where the nearest other player was 7,500km away, and it ran flawlessly.
mikezilla2
Member
(10-15-2017, 04:36 AM)
looking at the Fancy Pants edition of Wolfenstein i See no mention of any season Pass :(
mulac
Member
(10-15-2017, 05:58 AM)
mulac's Avatar
Big week ahead!

South Park Fractured
Gran Turismo Sport
Nokia 3310 3G
Google Pixel 2 XL

Expensive week :(
legend166
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:04 AM)
legend166's Avatar
I finally got around to watching Wonder Woman.

Why do I keep watching these movies? Super hero movies are just so dumb. I think it was some point during Civil War I just had some epiphany where I was like "man this stuff is just too stupid to even begin to take seriously."

Good film makers can still rise above it (Nolan) but I think I'm just at the point where I can't suspend my disbelief any more.
choodi
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:14 AM)
choodi's Avatar

Originally Posted by legend166

I finally got around to watching Wonder Woman.

Why do I keep watching these movies? Super hero movies are just so dumb. I think it was some point during Civil War I just had some epiphany where I was like "man this stuff is just too stupid to even begin to take seriously."

Good film makers can still rise above it (Nolan) but I think I'm just at the point where I can't suspend my disbelief any more.

I enjoyed it for what it was, but these superhero movies are just taking themselves too seriously these days. I am looking forward to Thor Ragnarok though.
mikezilla2
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:16 AM)
suspending disbalif isn't the problem , when it feels like no ones in real danger you have yourself a rather boring film - most recent avangres films


or tho it seems to work perfectly fine for Guardians of the Galaxy( you probably forgot that was a super hero film :P )

side note was not a Fan of the most recent godzilla film we got a few years Back .........
MoonGred
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:26 AM)
MoonGred's Avatar

Originally Posted by 30yearsofhurt

Absolutely. Some places you can't enter if you have less than 6 monthe left on your passport, other places can be fine.
I had a return trip to Japan in 2014 where my passport was due to expire 2 months after I got back and Jetstar wouldn't let me on the plane till they got approval from their higher ups that I would be okay. Call whoever you're booking with to check.

Yea I get that. But all I would really be doing is booking flights, I'll have my new passport in 2 months orso
Card Boy
Member
(10-15-2017, 08:10 AM)
Card Boy's Avatar
This is going to sounds odd but are there any Facebook groups for Melbourne people purely to meet new people and make friends? This is strictly platonic and i'm not interested in dating apps. I'm already on afew Meetup groups and am going to afew events.
reptilescorpio
Member
(10-15-2017, 08:19 AM)
reptilescorpio's Avatar

Originally Posted by endlessflood

For anyone getting Gran Turismo Sport, the ever helpful bargain guide is up - god bless the kind soul responsible :)

https://press-start.com.au/bargain-g...o-sport-cheap/

It looks like Aussies will be playing on Japanese servers, but I have to say that the netcode in the demo was amazing and completely sold me on the game. I was in a 24 car race where the nearest other player was 7,500km away, and it ran flawlessly.

Thanks :)

Yeah I was super impressed with the demo. Best I felt about GT since the PS2 era.

Originally Posted by mikezilla2

looking at the Fancy Pants edition of Wolfenstein i See no mention of any season Pass :(

So much on this month, I better check this one out tonight >_<

Originally Posted by legend166

I finally got around to watching Wonder Woman.

Why do I keep watching these movies? Super hero movies are just so dumb. I think it was some point during Civil War I just had some epiphany where I was like "man this stuff is just too stupid to even begin to take seriously."

Good film makers can still rise above it (Nolan) but I think I'm just at the point where I can't suspend my disbelief any more.

I enjoyed WW but found it to be really cookie cutter, reminded me a LOT of the first Captain America as it went along. Glad they didn't go down the Snyder route at least.

Thor will be great because they're having fun with it. Not sure if I'll bother with Avengers though.

Originally Posted by mikezilla2


side note was not a Fan of the most recent godzilla film we got a few years Back .........

Shin Godzilla or the American one? Thought Shin was one of the best!
ThoseDeafMutes
Four naan Jeremy? Four? That's insane.
(10-15-2017, 08:52 AM)
ThoseDeafMutes's Avatar

Originally Posted by mikezilla2

looking at the Fancy Pants edition of Wolfenstein i See no mention of any season Pass :(

Deluxe edition on steam comes with it (it's literally just base game + season pass), physical doesn't.
mikezilla2
Member
(10-15-2017, 10:18 AM)

Originally Posted by ThoseDeafMutes

Deluxe edition on steam comes with it (it's literally just base game + season pass), physical doesn't.

getting the collectors on PS4

i See Jb has some steel-book edition with a DLC mission and could have sworn i saw some physical edition with it ... but i also saw the season pass for 50 bucks and now its $34 ....

guess it must have changed

really it should be included in the collectors tho .........

also Godzilla - the American one .....
Gazunta
(10-15-2017, 11:42 AM)
Gazunta's Avatar
SNES Mini + hacks to get Stunt Race FX, Sim City and Street Fighter Alpha 2 on it = best console ever, no other games are needed ever, good sweet Christ this is perfect
Ozzy Onya A2Z
(10-15-2017, 12:26 PM)
Ozzy Onya A2Z's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gazunta

SNES Mini + hacks to get Stunt Race FX, Sim City and Street Fighter Alpha 2 on it = best console ever, no other games are needed ever, good sweet Christ this is perfect

Nice to hear, think I'll hack mine too next week.
mulac
Member
(10-15-2017, 07:04 PM)
mulac's Avatar
Looking for a new work brief, messenger bag. Anyone have any experience with Tumi? They look top notch, if a bit expensive but if the quality is there itís worth it...
choodi
Member
(10-15-2017, 08:40 PM)
choodi's Avatar

Originally Posted by mulac

Looking for a new work brief, messenger bag. Anyone have any experience with Tumi? They look top notch, if a bit expensive but if the quality is there itís worth it...

No experience with that brand, but at $1000+ (for leather) you are approaching designer label territory.
Planet_JASE
Member
(10-16-2017, 06:56 AM)
Planet_JASE's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gazunta

SNES Mini + hacks to get Stunt Race FX, Sim City and Street Fighter Alpha 2 on it = best console ever, no other games are needed ever, good sweet Christ this is perfect

ahem... I don't see Uniracers/Unirally on that list so I'm ignoring your post and opinion.

Seriously...? I (incorrectly, apparently) expected more from you.
jambo
Member
(10-16-2017, 07:07 AM)
jambo's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gazunta

SNES Mini + hacks to get Stunt Race FX, Sim City and Street Fighter Alpha 2 on it = best console ever, no other games are needed ever, good sweet Christ this is perfect

Isn't it kinda bad that you think the best games ever all came out 20+ years ago?
ClivePwned
Member
(10-16-2017, 07:21 AM)
ClivePwned's Avatar

Originally Posted by jambo

Isn't it kinda bad that you think the best games ever all came out 20+ years ago?

it was worse when he was a videogame designer working on biggish console games.

I'm gonna chirp in and say how much I'm enjoying the SNES Mini though I have no plans to hack. In reality, I'll only going to play SMW and LoZ the whole way through with a smattering of others. I have two crits of the system: The audio issues I'm having when the sound goes via optical connection from my TV to my Soundbar means sounds occasionally get dropped (worst offender for me is SMW) but not via headphones connected to the TV. And the Restore point button is on the console rather than the controller, meaning I have to get up to press the button to use it (which is really the only way some of these games are going to get played in this day and age).

tl;dr love the SNES mini

I also picked up Cuphead on Xbox the other night. Oh boy! Cuphead? More like Cunthead! It is so good, though.
Quasar
Member
(10-16-2017, 07:46 AM)
Quasar's Avatar

Originally Posted by jambo

Isn't it kinda bad that you think the best games ever all came out 20+ years ago?

Sounds like your average Japanese gamer.
Planet_JASE
Member
(10-16-2017, 08:32 AM)
Planet_JASE's Avatar

Originally Posted by jambo

Isn't it kinda bad that you think the best games ever all came out 20+ years ago?

In what way?
Gazunta
(10-16-2017, 10:51 AM)
Gazunta's Avatar

Originally Posted by Planet_JASE

ahem... I don't see Uniracers/Unirally on that list so I'm ignoring your post and opinion.

Seriously...? I (incorrectly, apparently) expected more from you.

Shit, forgot to type that one. It was definitely the first one I added. Unirally is to my wife whatís Yoshiís Island is to me. All good!
Gazunta
(10-16-2017, 11:01 AM)
Gazunta's Avatar

Originally Posted by jambo

Isn't it kinda bad that you think the best games ever all came out 20+ years ago?

Yikes, youíre right! Gosh if word of this ever got out, Iíll never work in the games industry again! :0

But seriously no film buff ever worried about thinking Citizen Kane is the best movie ever so why do gamers worry about such things? I never understood it.

But I fucking love my PS4 Pro and am super excited to get a Switch later on. 2017 has been great fun for games, most of my gaming time has been spent with Rocket League or Just Cause 3. I absolutely love not feeling the pressure of keeping up with whatever everyone else is playing and Iím having fun. Itís great.

BTW Clive even if you donít want to add other games I highly recommend hacking the Mini just to put the ďreset the machine with a button combinationĒ hack.

WHOOPS TWO POSTS IN A ROW I DONíT GIVE A FUUUUCK
Randy Monk
Member
(10-16-2017, 05:02 PM)
Randy Monk's Avatar

Originally Posted by Gazunta

SNES Mini + hacks to get Stunt Race FX, Sim City and Street Fighter Alpha 2 on it = best console ever, no other games are needed ever, good sweet Christ this is perfect

Playing Earthbound, amazing game, how did this not get released in Australia?

It wouldn't have sold a shit load but jesus I would've bought it since it only came out a year after Secret of Mana, which was quite a good seller, although my days working the entertainment counter at Big W are a but hazy now.

Also:

SF2 Turbo > SF2 Alpha
jambo
Member
(10-17-2017, 12:49 AM)
jambo's Avatar
Yo Switch owners

Sandisk 200 GB microSD card for $86 from Amazon.

https://www.ozbargain.com.au/node/335812

Originally Posted by Gazunta

But seriously no film buff ever worried about thinking Citizen Kane is the best movie ever so why do gamers worry about such things? I never understood it.

I think it's more that my top film list would have a bunch of films ranging across 100 years. You said your perfect console is one only containing games from 20 years ago.

And going by your Twitter, can you really blame me for thinking that you only play old games =P
Last edited by jambo; 10-17-2017 at 01:00 AM.

Thread Tools