• Register
  • TOS
  • Privacy
  • @NeoGAF

GazzaGSi
(10-06-2017, 12:55 AM)
Man, raining exotics for me tonight and boosted my PL from 300 to 302. Did the Crucible milestone and got an exotic from shaxx, cashed in the tokens from the matches and challenges which gave another exotic and then ran my first public event of the night for the third exotic!

Quick question, got a Skyburners Oath. Is this any good as I'm considering infusing it to boost my Nameless Midnight or Manannan SR4. Thanks
Hoho for breakfast
(10-06-2017, 12:57 AM)
IB isn't based on power level now? Not surprising.

I like the armor sets although they seem a little rehashed. They look good though otherwise.

Twitchcon (on October 20th) should bring some interesting news with the "seasons".
SMOK3Y
Generous Member
(10-06-2017, 12:58 AM)

Originally Posted by GazzaGSi

Man, raining exotics for me tonight and boosted my PL from 300 to 302. Did the Crucible milestone and got an exotic from shaxx, cashed in the tokens from the matches and challenges which gave another exotic and then ran my first public event of the night for the third exotic!

Quick question, got a Skyburners Oath. Is this any good as I'm considering infusing it to boost my Nameless Midnight or Manannan SR4. Thanks

I like it really auto or single scout really tears through things
Llyrwenne
I feel like my classes / subclasses are pretty much locked now.

Stormcaller Warlock with with Healing Rift / Pulse Grenade / Atunement of the Elements running Lunefaction Boots.
Striker Titan with Towering Barricade / Pulse Grenade / Code of the Earthshaker running Actium War Rig.
Nightstalker Hunter with Marksman's Dodge / Vortex Grenade / Way of the Trapper running Orpheus Rig.

Now to grind Io for what seems to be pretty much the only Hunter gear in the game with actual Recovery on it. .-.
Nightz
I want that hunter helmet.
Strangelove77
(10-06-2017, 12:59 AM)

Originally Posted by Prurient

Is the game worth it for the single player, and just playing the online portion casually? I keep going back and forth on buying it for PC, and I didn't play the first game. I'm happy with the grind but stuff like the raids seems a bit beyond my skill level, and most of my friends don't play games so I can't organise a team to play that stuff.

The raid sucks so you're not missing out on anything.
And I've mostly played it solo while listening to podcasts for about 100 or so hours now.
MythicReclaimer
(10-06-2017, 12:59 AM)
Woohoo, finally a worthwhile Hunter's cloak as that Iron Banner one is easily the best looking cloak in Destiny 2. It will never drop for me...
raindoc
(10-06-2017, 01:00 AM)
290something Titan and I‘d love to finally tackle the Raid. Tomorrow’s my birthday, the gf’s asleep, I don’t have to work and I‘ve got a sixpack of cans containing too sugary liquids to keep me wake - the motivation is high. Does anyone have a free slot in his group?
SMOK3Y
Generous Member
(10-06-2017, 01:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Hoho for breakfast

IB isn't based on power level now? Not surprising.

I like the armor sets although they seem a little rehashed. They look good though otherwise.

Tbh way too many rehashed items & its like D1 exotics you get same one about 10 times in a row & its base power is just about always too low to boost anything really starting to shit me
Hoho for breakfast
(10-06-2017, 01:01 AM)

Originally Posted by Nightz

I want that hunter helmet.

Yes that looks completely bad ass. I hope I can change the shaders of the set. The same tree thing from D1 is bad enough but the colors are the same too.
JHall
(10-06-2017, 01:03 AM)
If the Hunter armor doesn't offer recovery I'll be salty.
MythicReclaimer
(10-06-2017, 01:03 AM)
That Warlock bond is sexy too.

Originally Posted by JHall

If the Hunter armor doesn't offer recovery I'll be salty.

Pretty sure this is by design for the Hunter class and won't see a change until the first expansion if at all unless I'm wrong and there are current ways to boost the recovery on Hunters in significant ways.
Jblanks
(10-06-2017, 01:04 AM)
All the armor looks good, but the Hunter IB armor is the worst...again.

Wait Power Level doesn't matter for IB?? What..
SheHateMe
(10-06-2017, 01:05 AM)
Dat Iron Banana armor looks absolutely delicious.
JHall
(10-06-2017, 01:07 AM)

Originally Posted by MythicReclaimer

That Warlock bond is sexy too.

Pretty sure this is by design for the Hunter class and won't see a change until the first expansion if at all unless I'm wrong and there are current ways to boost the recovery on Hunters in significant ways.

Io, Trials, and FWC armor sets are survivalist. Meaning they boost recovery.
Hoho for breakfast
(10-06-2017, 01:09 AM)

Originally Posted by Jblanks

All the armor looks good, but the Hunter IB armor is the worst...again.

Wat? I like the whole thing other than the trees again. Reminds me of Robin Hood.
josecitoxnyo
Of course they would do something as stupid as releasing 2 events on the same day, it's like they don't even care to hype things up, they already know they are shit.

Also, why are people shocked with the Calus "glitch", the same mechanic did weird things to D1 fights, for example Aksis didn't teleport and you could kill him in the spot.
MythicReclaimer

Originally Posted by JHall

Io, Trials, and FWC armor sets are survivalist. Meaning they boost recovery.

So with mods and with those particular sets how high can you boost recovery? Trials and FWC aren't options for me but Io obviously is.
Jblanks
(10-06-2017, 01:10 AM)

Originally Posted by Hoho for breakfast

Wat? I like the whole thing other than the trees again. Reminds me of Robin Hood.

Well I mean it's subjective. I like it but the Warlock and Titan and definitely better.
JHall
(10-06-2017, 01:11 AM)

Originally Posted by MythicReclaimer

So with mods and with those particular sets how high can you boost recovery?

My Hunter has 6 recovery. I think the highest you can go is 7.
Not_A-Cop_Maybe
(10-06-2017, 01:13 AM)
Can i just say this week's NF has been total bullshit. I cant even do it on normal and im a 290 titan. Once the crystals glitched and the other time we ran outta time because we kept getting rolled by the the ads. ugh.

guess i gotta keep gettin gud.
noomi
(10-06-2017, 01:15 AM)
OT title is boss, well done.

Surprised there is no PL increase with prestige raid.

I guess once PC comes around all modes will be unlocked...
FyreWulff
I Spit Hot Fyre
(10-06-2017, 01:16 AM)
Yeah.. everyone pretty much mooted the power level advantage in D1 anyway, most people didn't go in unless they were max light or were so close it didn't matter.

They still gate it behind finishing the campaign though, so people coming into IB will all be familiar with the game. That's pretty much what the LL requirement did for IB in D1, anyway.
Roussow
(10-06-2017, 01:19 AM)
Can you look at faction inventories in-game? Everytime I try to inspect them it just says it's unavailible. I want to see what weapons are on offer so I can just grind specific tokens to go after that weapon.
perineumlick
(10-06-2017, 01:21 AM)
Need one more to run nightfall, might do it on several characters; anyone down? Psn is perineumlick.
BiGBoSSMk23
A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
(10-06-2017, 01:21 AM)

Originally Posted by Ruthless_Barbarian

I saw some Samurai themed concept art floating around but I always assumed it was fan art.

This is neat but I don't find it that appealing lol :/
E92 M3
(10-06-2017, 01:22 AM)

Originally Posted by GraveRobberX

350 will only be a small climb I'm guessing, unless Bungie really RNG the RNG and add some time gates, which I'm guessing they won't do, as the keep it cool, keep it casual is the flow of the game

As I said, there won't be any level increase with the prestige raid - it would have been crazy. It's always best to stick to facts that we can verify instead of constantly talking about a level increase that was never happening.

We will get a cap increase with the next DLC.
BiGBoSSMk23
A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
(10-06-2017, 01:24 AM)

Originally Posted by perineumlick

Need one more to run nightfall, might do it on several characters; anyone down? Psn is perineumlick.

FR sent.
Vincent Alexander
(10-06-2017, 01:30 AM)
Full up :)
Mindlog
(10-06-2017, 01:37 AM)
To summarize: Warlock Glide > Titan 'destiny 2 whatever the hell it's called anything but the old awesome skating'

Originally Posted by GazzaGSi

I really like it vs Cabal and especially majors, but Nameless Midnight and Manannan are both really good as well. In the baths 1 grenade and auto-hipfired Skyburner's = dead bather. There's no wrong decision.
Strakt
(10-06-2017, 01:40 AM)
On OT3 and im still waiting for the game to come out..............
badboy78660
(10-06-2017, 01:40 AM)

Olengie
(10-06-2017, 01:43 AM)
Aww yiss. A Legendary Warlock Helmet I can enjoy.
Vincent Alexander
(10-06-2017, 01:44 AM)

Originally Posted by Olengie

Aww yiss. A Legendary Warlock Helmet I can enjoy.

I thought the same thing. Finally good looking armor for a Warlock. Helmet is the only piece of armor I have right now that I don't like the look of, and this IB one will do nicely.
Liamc723
(10-06-2017, 01:45 AM)

Originally Posted by E92 M3

As I said, there won't be any level increase with the prestige raid - it would have been crazy. It's always best to stick to facts that we can verify instead of constantly talking about a level increase that was never happening.

We will get a cap increase with the next DLC.

Are you talking about power level or going past 20?

Because the prestige raid will take us past power level 305.
daedalius
(10-06-2017, 01:45 AM)

Better get my Titan leveled up!
Goodacre0081
(10-06-2017, 01:49 AM)

Originally Posted by Vincent Alexander

Need 2 more for a fresh raid on PS4. We are all new to raid. We plan to start as soon as we got a full group.

1. Vincent (292)
2. Hero (284)
3. Moose (278)
4. Trimble (278)

ya i'll try a fresh run

PSN: Goodacre0081
Jest Chillin
(10-06-2017, 01:50 AM)

Originally Posted by Liamc723

Are you talking about power level or going past 20?

Because the prestige raid will take us past power level 305.

From TWAB:

Our goal is not to provide a boon to your character progression, but there are unique rewards to help you shine.

This straight up says it will not progress characters but instead change looks. So maybe new/altered armor but not a boost to LL.
Vincent Alexander
(10-06-2017, 01:51 AM)

Originally Posted by Goodacre0081

ya i'll try a fresh run

PSN: Goodacre0081

Awesome. I got another on LFG, so we're full with you. I'm moving equipment then we can start the party :) I'll send invite
traveler
Not Wario
(10-06-2017, 01:53 AM)

Originally Posted by Jest Chillin

From TWAB:

This straight up says it will not progress characters but instead change looks. So maybe new/altered armor but not a boost to LL.

The prestige armor/shader has been datamined for a while now:

http://www.gosunoob.com/destiny-2/pr...r-drops-perks/

The armor has the prestige shader on by default.
UberLevi
(10-06-2017, 01:57 AM)

Shit, those look really fresh for the most part but I hate the silly little topknot.
PepperedHam
(10-06-2017, 01:58 AM)
Those new Iron Banner sets have rocketed to some of my favorite Destiny sets. I absolutely love that Warlock set damn. Can't wait to try out different shaders with these.
GazzaGSi
(10-06-2017, 02:00 AM)

Originally Posted by SMOK3Y

I like it really auto or single scout really tears through things

Originally Posted by Mindlog

I really like it vs Cabal and especially majors, but Nameless Midnight and Manannan are both really good as well. In the baths 1 grenade and auto-hipfired Skyburner's = dead bather. There's no wrong decision.

Great thanks, I'll keep hold of it and wait until I get something else to bump the PL of the others up :)
Kyne

Originally Posted by Jest Chillin

From TWAB:

they are literally talking about the same exact raid armor with that shining effect lol
MrS
Titan set is horrible.
Koh
So now IB is just a different loot pool? Same exact crucible experience?
Hyun Sai
(10-06-2017, 02:01 AM)
I don't recall any Hard mode raid upping the light level before, but perhaps I'm wrong...
Souldestroyer Reborn
Banned
(10-06-2017, 02:04 AM)
IB armor looks awesome as always.

Not gonna lie, I miss my old IB cloak though :/
Trakan
(10-06-2017, 02:07 AM)
I think they went a little too crazy with the IB logos on the armor this time. Does it need SEVEN?

Are there no IB weapons? That's really lame if true.
jmvmadeira
(10-06-2017, 02:09 AM)
IB armour looks dope. But if my luck is the same as factions i will miss on some of it. Managed to get the full NM for my Titan, but missed some of the DO and FWC on warlock and hunter. Damm you RNG