(10-08-2017, 08:38 PM)

Originally Posted by Salarians

that whole mcdonald's sauce thing made for some fun twitter entertainment

Sweet jesus no
Blitzrules240
Banned
(10-08-2017, 08:41 PM)

Originally Posted by broncobuster

So is Rick and Morty the thing Community fans latched onto when that show ended?

Honestly, yes. And I adored Community (I own every season) but Rick and Morty has surpassed Community imho.

But goddammit, The R&M fanbase is becoming toxic and I want to slowly creep away from it. But still enjoy the show but the fans...oooh boy.
Ashby
(10-08-2017, 08:45 PM)
I'm sure there's crossover but R&M fandom has a different feel to it than the Community one did.
BanGy.nz
(10-08-2017, 08:45 PM)

Originally Posted by Blitzrules240

Honestly, yes. And I adored Community (I own every season) but Rick and Morty has surpassed Community imho.

But goddammit, The R&M fanbase is becoming toxic and I want to slowly creep away from it. But still enjoy the show but the fans...oooh boy.

Same tbh.
Zornack
(10-08-2017, 08:46 PM)
how do fandoms have unique feels

they all suck
Ashby
(10-08-2017, 08:49 PM)

Originally Posted by Zornack

how do fandoms have unique feels

they all suck

They suck in different ways though.
Salarians
(10-08-2017, 08:50 PM)
you don't know anything Jon Snow
OdysseusVA
Banned
(10-08-2017, 08:50 PM)

Originally Posted by Ashby

I'm sure there's crossover but R&M fandom has a different feel to it than the Community one did.

And maybe BR2049 fans? That bomba thread is something

Originally Posted by Salarians

you don't know anything Jon Snow

Its "You cant see this John Snow"
robotrock
(10-08-2017, 08:54 PM)

Originally Posted by OdysseusVA

And maybe BR2049 fans? That bomba thread is something

Haha I was just thinking about this actually. "modern audiences too dumb to understand slow movie, prob loved the last transformers film"
tryagainlater
(10-08-2017, 08:57 PM)
Why does making assumptions about people's film tastes always come back to Transformers? :P
robotrock
(10-08-2017, 09:00 PM)

Originally Posted by tryagainlater

Why does making assumptions about people's film tastes always come back to Transformers? :P

no idea man those movies aren't even doing as well as they used to
broncobuster
(10-08-2017, 09:02 PM)
Fans are questionable when they build their persona around the media they consume.

...except Giant Bomb fans, of course. Iím fire boylt!!
Catvoca
(10-08-2017, 09:11 PM)
Didn't notice the new thread, great OP as always DM.
Salarians
(10-08-2017, 09:17 PM)

Originally Posted by Karspankey

FORGET THE WAP

YOU GON' GET CLAP

oti
Banned
(10-08-2017, 09:27 PM)

Originally Posted by nckillthegrimace

You absolutely do. It's eating away at you!

Give me Mario GOTY or give me death.
jbug617
Banned
(10-08-2017, 09:29 PM)
We need to fight to bring the right thing back
formated4tv
(10-08-2017, 09:29 PM)
GBGaf! I just thought of a story from the other night that I meant to tell you.

I went to see Steel Panther/Stone Sour at a concert venue around here, and I saw a guy with a 500th Bombcast shirt on. Imagine looking across a concert place and seeing a balloon lucha deer!

I walked over to the guy, tapped him on the shoulder (nicely), and said "Dude, sick shirt!" because I was excited.

He gave me the blankest dead stare ever and said "Uh. Okay.".

GBers in the wild are jerks, hahaha.
- J - D -
(10-08-2017, 09:38 PM)
Some people are just weird about being complimented in any way.
oti
Banned
(10-08-2017, 09:39 PM)
Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite is already 15Ä on cdkeys. Yikes.
formated4tv
(10-08-2017, 09:47 PM)

Originally Posted by - J - D -

I guess, but you shouldn't go FLAUNTING it like that if you don't want some mentioning it to you. /s

But you're probably right. I love when people come up to me about the shirts/hoodies I'm wearing, but I'm also outgoing and like BSing with random people, haha.

Last year we (friends/I) went to a haunted house and I had a Bullet Club hoodie on. The one worker kid stopped trying to scare everyone for a minute to run over and "Too Sweet" me. It was super awesome (to me)!
darkwing-buck
(10-08-2017, 09:49 PM)
Are people really mad about a sauce
fierrotlepou
(10-08-2017, 09:50 PM)

Originally Posted by formated4tv

I went to see Steel Panther/Stone Sour at a concert venue around here, and I saw a guy with a 500th Bombcast shirt on. Imagine looking across a concert place and seeing a balloon lucha deer!

I walked over to the guy, tapped him on the shoulder (nicely), and said "Dude, sick shirt!" because I was excited.

What a crappy reaction. I'd be happy to finally see a GB fan in the wild. The only GB fan I know IRL is my best friend. I've yet to see one in the wild (in Belgium).
Incandenza
Banned
(10-08-2017, 09:52 PM)
New favorite Yakuza 0 line: "I ain't a cob of corn, so don't bother butterin' me up." The localization in this game is too good.
Ashby

Did he follow that up by complaining about how bad UPF is?
formated4tv

Originally Posted by darkwing-buck

Are people really mad about sauce

They haven't been this mad since whatever bullshit happened in the world last week, but people are honestly fucking livid about it apparently.

Originally Posted by fierrotlepou

What a crappy reaction. I'd be happy to finally see a GB fan in the wild. The only GB fan I know IRL is my best friend. I've yet to see one in the wild (in Belgium).

I don't REALLY judge him for not being thrilled about me going up to him, but it's a freaking GB t-shirt. Super niche. I would absolutely love anyone coming up to me when I have a Whiskey Media shirt on and talking to me about GB.

Hell, when I was in Kentucky a few months ago, I wore my normal Luchadeer shirt to the bar we went to for the night, and the hostess was like "Is that a deer? With a mexican mask on?". I was stoked as shit and talked to her about it for a few minutes. She had no idea what it was from, but it was at least a convo starter, haha.

Originally Posted by Ashby

Did he follow that up by complaining about how bad UPF is?

That would have made my day. "Ugh, you probably like UPF" and just completely blows me off.
The Dear Leader
(10-08-2017, 09:56 PM)

I guess, but you shouldn't go FLAUNTING it like that if you don't want some mentioning it to you. /s

But you're probably right. I love when people come up to me about the shirts/hoodies I'm wearing, but I'm also outgoing and like BSing with random people, haha.

Last year we (friends/I) went to a haunted house and I had a Bullet Club hoodie on. The one worker kid stopped trying to scare everyone for a minute to run over and "Too Sweet" me. It was super awesome (to me)!

I'm sorry dude, I was your PICKLE RICK shirt and didn't know how to react.
formated4tv
(10-08-2017, 09:57 PM)

Originally Posted by The Dear Leader

I'm sorry dude, I was your PICKLE RICK shirt and didn't know how to react.

If you only knew how stupid I think that show is, haha.
petethepanda
(10-08-2017, 09:59 PM)
I've only seen a few scattered episodes of Rick and Morty so I don't necessarily have much of an opinion on any of this, but man, that show's fanbase is... odd. Anything popular online is clearly going to have pockets of shitty fans, but the toxic portions of R&M's fanbase don't even seem like the type who would even like the show. Pickle Rick is one of the handful of episodes I've seen, and it is really fucking hard to understand how these knuckledraggers rioting at a McDonalds could be into the kind of show that spends the final five minutes of an episode on heavy character stuff the way that ep does.

(I guess I also just tend to have too much faith in people; I was also bewildered by the huge amount of Breaking Bad fans who continued to root for Walter as if he were a hero.)
robotrock
(10-08-2017, 10:00 PM)
if you search for "pickle rick" in the neogaf search function, most results point towards the giant bomb community threads.

are we the bad guys?
hamchan
(10-08-2017, 10:01 PM)

GBers online are jerks too so I am not surprised.
Tiamatsword22
(10-08-2017, 10:02 PM)

Originally Posted by robotrock

if you search for "pickle rick" in the neogaf search function, most results point towards the giant bomb community threads.

are we the bad guys?

No cause we are being the bad guys ironically
The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician
(10-08-2017, 10:04 PM)
Reposting from the old thread but I just beat ECHO and it was shockingly good. Its a stealth game and doesn't become much more then that, but its overall one of the most cohesive games I have ever played
The Dear Leader
(10-08-2017, 10:06 PM)

Originally Posted by The Technomancer

Reposting from the old thread but I just beat ECHO and it was shockingly good. Its a stealth game and doesn't become much more then that, but its overall one of the most cohesive games I have ever played

About how long did it take you to finish?
The Technomancer
card-carrying scientician
(10-08-2017, 10:07 PM)
Cuphead or Stardew....I just can't decide :/

Originally Posted by The Dear Leader

About how long did it take you to finish?

Steam says 7 hours, though I'm probably going to go back for some collectibles

Only thing I'll say for anyone going in is: Chapter 5 opens with a bullshit challenge. You'll think you can't do it, and its a trick, there's a different way through
mintyice
(10-08-2017, 10:12 PM)
oti
Banned
(10-08-2017, 10:13 PM)
Playing a lot of Stardew the last couple of days. Love it.

Wondering whether I should start Uncharted Lost Legacy now or later (aka after Mario Odyssey). 🤔

It's pretty easy, actually. Are you in the mood for adrenaline or relaxation?
formated4tv
(10-08-2017, 10:14 PM)

Such different games, holy cow, haha.

One of the more relaxing games, and one of the more stressful games.
Tagyhag
(10-08-2017, 10:15 PM)

To be fair, dude could have just been socially awkward. So don't feel too bad.
tryagainlater
(10-08-2017, 10:22 PM)
I was randomly complimented on my shirt before by a stranger and I didn't know how to react. I did appreciate the compliment but I never know how to react to anything so it might have been the same with that guy. Don't take it personally.
robotrock
(10-08-2017, 10:23 PM)
Whenever someone compliments me on my shirt, I just say "thanks."
- J - D -
(10-08-2017, 10:29 PM)
On more than one ocassion I've complimented someone's shirt and their response was "do you want it?"

Is this a thing that people usually say? I didn't know how to respond except with an awkward "haha, what? no."
The Dear Leader
(10-08-2017, 10:31 PM)

Steam says 7 hours, though I'm probably going to go back for some collectibles

Only thing I'll say for anyone going in is: Chapter 5 opens with a bullshit challenge. You'll think you can't do it, and its a trick, there's a different way through

That's not bad, I might try and play through it this week.
broncobuster
(10-08-2017, 10:33 PM)
In Germany I complimented a guy wearing a Deus Ex shirt. He didn't speak English.

In retrospect I wish I ran up and yelled "TAKE YOUR BEST SHOT, FLATLANDER WOMAN" to fully sell the idea of being a crazy person.
Salarians
(10-08-2017, 10:35 PM)
D's D is still good
formated4tv
(10-08-2017, 10:36 PM)

On more than one ocassion I've complimented someone's shirt and their response was "do you want it?"

Is this a thing that people usually say? I didn't know how to respond except with an awkward "haha, what? no."

Tell them "Can I have your face instead?"

Might as well turn it to 11.
- J - D -
(10-08-2017, 10:38 PM)

Yeah. I should've just said yes and see where it went.

People can be freaking weird in otherwise absolutely ordinary/mundane social situations. Just say thanks, geez.
Incandenza
Banned
(10-08-2017, 10:39 PM)
Whenever someone compliments me on my Giant Bomb shirt I say "Oh yeah? What's your favorite Random PC Game episode? How many times have you watched the Endurance Run? What's the name of Vinny's brother?" just to make sure they're a real fan and not some johnny-come-lately scrub
formated4tv
(10-08-2017, 10:42 PM)

Originally Posted by Incandenza

Whenever someone compliments me on my Giant Bomb shirt I say "Oh yeah? What's your favorite Random PC Game episode? How many times have you watched the Endurance Run? What's the name of Vinny's brother?" just to make sure they're a real fan and not some johnny-come-lately scrub

I'm bald/bearded/tortoise-shell glasses-ed like Vinny, and I've had a bunch of people ask if I had a t-shit of my own face with that Russian Vinny GBEast shirt, haha.
Antiwhippy
the holder of the trombone
(10-08-2017, 10:43 PM)
I solved this problem by not wearing any giantbomb merch.

"I just want to take your face... off."
TetraxShards
(10-08-2017, 10:43 PM)

Originally Posted by robotrock

Haha I was just thinking about this actually. "modern audiences too dumb to understand slow movie, prob loved the last transformers film"

I'm glad I'm not the only one that noticed this.

I know I am. Most of my non-work clothes have something dumb on them (although I have worn my This Is The Run shirt on casual days sometimes) and I never know how to react if someone points it out.