• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NYT: The Week When President Trump Resigned

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
A clever analogy for all this is Trump =Lord Humungus and Bannon=Wez. Trump is letting Bannon off the chain to go do what Bannon does best: lie and rally the Alt-right.

I don't feel it. We keep praising Bannon as a victory but, from what i've sen Bannon is going to war for Trump. How many times have we seen this is the end of Trump? Republicans will only turn on Trump if he starts going left or cant get the wall.HC passed.

You don't see increased political awareness? It's pretty hard to miss for me. Just look at GAF OT. At given time since last November there have been at least 5 threads a day on political subjects. I hear more people talking about politics when I'm out and about than I ever have before. People are constantly posting political things on social media that used to only happen as campaigns cranked up a few months before an election. Protests, protest everywhere.

People are engaged in the political process. Err....well the talking/posting about it. However, none of this talk matters if people don't get their asses up and go vote November 2018.

kc44135

He's resigning? For real!? YES!!! Finally, the nightmare is over! I guess we're stuck with Pence now though, huh?

Edit: Oh wow, I feel dumb now. Sorry guys, I'm tired. :p

You know what he could have done.

Ran, Won, then... resign, not accept, whatever.

He would of had his victory against Obama and the rest and everything would have been behind, while all his business would be booming and Clinton or Pence would have the seat, doing the work.

It wasn't just about victory against Obama, that's not good enough for him. He has to also remove every last thing Obama did. He wants to erase him. Even down to that fucking bike share he just got rid of.

Zolo

It wasn't just about victory against Obama, that's not good enough for him. He has to also remove every last thing Obama did. He wants to erase him. Even down to that fucking bike share he just got rid of.

Too bad Obama's reputation has been increasing in the face of Trump's awful presidency, and all he's been able to do is get rid of executive orders that can be put in place again once Trump is out.

Beautifully written article. Most of the people who opposed his presidency saw this coming back in 2015. The man had no experience, nothing to speak of in terms of concrete policies, played dumb when asked about his endorsements, etc etc. The man was unfit for the office from the very beginning.

My problem is the people who decided that government is some kind of game and "winning" was more important than doing their job. They were so desperate to "win" that they threw away whatever principles they had so they could stand behind a maniac. Conservatives have lost so much credibility that it will be almost impossible for them to be taken seriously. From "never trump" to "I'll support the nominee" pathetic. The man has always been anti-american, the only thing he has ever cared about is himself and making himself as big and as important as possible. A lot of people could identify with that, and wanted to ride his coattails or use him to advance their agenda. My problem isn't with him as it is with the people who expect us to take them seriously when they suddenly start saying they don't support white supremacy and are disgusted by Trump's words and actions. They're bandwagoning. They don't have principles, and sadly enough people trusted them to represent them.

I know that part of what helped Trump win was his ability to brand his opponents. Today I offer a brand to be used against him, I hope it catches on and I hope it is used on any one who collaborated with him and ignored all his redflags #TraitorTrump

RPGCrazied

Wow, so true!

And look at this new photo of him with his cabinet at Camp David, Trump looks like shit.

DHjtM4vUIAAAIcX.jpg:large

warthog

What an awful ride it has been. One would have thought or at least hoped he would turn into some kind of president after actually been elected, but he turned even more psycho than I ever imagined. Every single day this continues, is a loss for everyone.

Strike

That's some shameful shit.
Please take the GOP down with you too
Tying themselves to him when they knew better just for political gain should be more than enough to disqualify any one of them from ever holding any government office again, but alas, we don't live in a just world.

Top Bottom