• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beastie Boys rapper Adam Yauch dead at 47

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Saw the news pop up on Twitter a while ago.

R.I.P. - you know you're getting older when all the people you heard of while you were a kid are passing away every year.

FStop7

Banned
So what's your name, Yauch? My name is M.C.A.
I've been coming to where I am, from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul
And now I'd like to pass the mic to my brother Adrock
C'mon and shine like a light

TeegsD

Fuck. Today was supposed to be a great day. Get back to my room after my last class of the semester to just chill and see that MCA is gone. This world blows

FnordChan

Goddamnit. Goddamnit.

From "Pass The Mic"

MCA said:
I've been coming to where I am from the get go
Find that I can groove with the beat when I let go
So put your worries on hold
Get up and groove with the rhythm in your soul

Also, here's MCA with career advice.

Finally, from "Sure Shot":

MCA said:
I want to say a little something that's long overdue
The disrespect to women has got to be through
To all the mothers and sisters and the wives and friends
I want to offer my love and respect to the end

Right on, MCA, and rest in peace.

FCN

BFIB

Man, this is really terrible news. I feel like a big piece of my childhood is now gone.

MCA, RIP.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wtf? Worst birthday present ever. :(

Imma bump some Beastie Boys later tonight for sure. RIP MCA. Thank you and your band mates for your contributions to Hip Hop. In an industry where the word pioneers are overused, the Beastie Boys for damn sure earned the term.

beastie-boys.jpg

Really sucks, he was my favorite among the group.

FStop7

Banned
Check Your Head and Ill Communication were two of the most fun to listen to albums ever made.

i vividly remember the first time i heard License to Ill when i was in grade school, nothing was the same again...

RIP MCA

The first time I saw the Beasties was when License to Ill had just come out and they played Fight For Your Right to Party on American Bandstand. Dick Clark did not know what the fuck was happening. I must have been around 10 or 11 years old. That was probably the first punk/metal I'd ever heard, it made one hell of an impression.

Nisa65

The Beasties are one of my favourite bands. This is very shitty news indeed. Was hoping that I would get to see them again after the release of the last album :(

Glad that I got to see them live a couple of times before he passed.

CTE

Wow. 47 huh? Never expected it. RIP. It's tough when someone goes so early. His daughter just lost her father.

fuck me :( Chill with the best of them now dude.

Ain't seen the light since we started this band
M.C.A. - get on the mic my man
Born and bred Brooklyn - U.S.A.
They call me Adam Yauch - but I'm M.C.A.
Like a lemon to a lime - a lime to a lemon
I sip the def ale with all the fly women
Got limos, arena, TV shows
Autograph pictures and classy hoes
Step off homes - get out of my way
Taxing little girlies from here to L.A.
Waking up before I get to sleep
Cause I'll be rocking this party eight days a week

ChiTownBuffalo

Either I made up lies about the Boston Bomber or I fell for someone else's crap. Either way, I have absolutely no credibility and you should never pay any attention to anything I say, no matter what the context. Perm me if I claim to be an insider
Nope, Yauch is MCA, Horowitz is Ad-Rock

This is genuinely one of, if not the only time that I've actually felt shit about a famous person dying :(

Yeah, I meant that. Depressing still. But twitte confused me saying Ad Rock was dead too. Was worried there was a car accident.

Jangocube

Banned
Cancer =(

I loved me some Beastie Boys when I was younger. Sad to see him go. His flow was always my favorite of the 3.

Raide

Sad sad news. Saw them a few years back and utterly loved it. Been following them since the early days and this is certainly sad news for all those Beastie fans out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom