Originally Posted by Poster#1
It looks like an expansion rather than a sequel. No new classes, same enemies, no dedicated servers. The list goes on. The only thing I liked is the guided games and it looks like something you can patch it in D1.
I expected a lot more from the sequel :/.
Actually quite the opposite. However I have a couple of friends who are complaining already (But they know their going to buy it! Lol )
D1 had it's problems for sure, Grind too hard, Deep story only found on grimore cards not accessible on the main game. Those were the only bad experiences IMHO on D1.
Fast forward two years later, and the very active community, and Bungie together have crafted a new experience altogether.
Thats what I love, I feel like both the Community and Bungie have helped make Destiny 2.
Isn't this was players always want? A company that listen to the player consensus and adjust the game to meet those wants and expectations?
I digress, definitely not disappointed, specific reasons why I was happy. (And please know I feel slimy and scummy saying this, because I sound like a shill... But if it's honestly how i feel i got to say it)
- I love art, Destiny has among the most amazing landscapes and environments that are treated like art... love it.
- Wanted more story, seems like they are giving it.
- Wanted to know some key character better, seems they got it covered
- Wanted a more focused competitive PvP offering, a change to 4v4 sounds good
- Wanted more solo experience and help to get into raids, also seems solved
So I'm 100% hyped. But the reality is I wont know if I like it till i play it. As I don't listen to reviews, as reviews told me I should hate D1 or D2... And ya know what, glad i tried it, I ended up loving it.