• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 back in stock at Amazon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyrax

There are two ways that console make it out of China
1. Cargo plane
Very fast - 2 days
Limited stock and very expensive

2. Cargo ship
Very slow - 6 weeks
Extremely large stock and very cheap

maybe the big slow boat arrived early

Derpcrawler

Am wondering are you running it direct(PS4 wifi to vita) or throught your router(PS4 Wired to your router then to vita)?

Direct eliminated lag significantly.

I tried both, there is no difference and I have very beefy router (WNDR3700v2 with DD-WRT and maximum TX power/gain). Read DF article. The Remote Play is garbage in it's current state, unless Sony increase bitrate or resolution or both and decrease latency there is no point for me. On top of that Remote Play is capped at 30FPS while Wii U and Shield can handle 60FPS with no sweat, people who claim it's same quality (it's worse bitrate so it can't be even near to Shield and Wii U) are either blind or delusional. (that's not directed to Pingoreous, just to people who claimed that Remote Play is anywhere near Wii U or same as their TV in terms of delay).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-vita-remote-play

And for those who said "Same as Wii U", well it's not Wii U is 10-30ms delay same with Nvidia Shield, not 90ms+.

I hope the latency is software, if the latency is caused by hardware encoder then there is no way they will improve it unless in new revision of the console leaving old consoles with same lag.

And I tried playing Assassin's Creed, NFS and CoD Ghosts. While first 2 are bareable since they are 30FPS, CoD on top of being cut to 30FPS was very slow, the difference between my 16ms display and Vita was night and day. I think people who see no difference need to check their TV and disable all the "enhancers".

Replicant

Up to #9, I think it is updated hourly but ranked for 24 hour window, so they are selling.

c3AqEUt.png

Go! Go! Go! Little PS4.

Xbox one in stock on Amazon for some time = MS is great at replenishing.

PS4 in stock on Amazon for some time = Bomba and Sony is doomed.

Adrian121

Just bought mine! Couldn't find any in stock here anywhere near where I live in Australia, and I figured since it's cheaper on Amazon than it is here I may as well bite. Bought an extra controller and 2 games with it too.

UNCMark

Banned

And in the MS Amazon threads the opposite is said. Both instances are dumb.

And it's easy to tell what Amazon thinks about the demand for a product. Dropping the trade-in value of the PS4 by 120 dollars today is an indicator that Amazon got a lot of them.

KungFucius

King Snowflake

What the fuck are you talking about? People are saying all sorts of stupid shit and attributing only half of it to one system is just as stupid as saying it. Nobody sane would say that either system has bombed yet there was tons of Xbomb posts in the past 3 weeks. Ansy PS4bomb posts are likely just parodies of the xbomb bullshit.

I am not surprised that they went for one big Amazon shipment in the final days leading up to Xmas, it certainly gives a lot of people an easy way to order one and have it in time to put it under the tree for little Jimmy.

Steroyd

Competition is great no matter how you look at it.

Yeah but competition doesn't equal sales parity.

Do you think it would be worth MS having sales parity if they did it while keeping their original vision for the Xbox One? Or the Wii U having sales parity even if it was a Nintendo console for Nintendo games only?

Heck Nintendo is a good example of not competing whether they sell 100m Wii's or 100k Wii U's.

Salex_

What the fuck are you talking about? People are saying all sorts of stupid shit and attributing only half of it to one system is just as stupid as saying it. Nobody sane would say that either system has bombed yet there was tons of Xbomb posts in the past 3 weeks. Ansy PS4bomb posts are likely just parodies of the xbomb bullshit.

I am not surprised that they went for one big Amazon shipment in the final days leading up to Xmas, it certainly gives a lot of people an easy way to order one and have it in time to put it under the tree for little Jimmy.

Hmm...the post that you replied to....was a parody post.
hEK7EAh.gif

satam55

Banned
I tried both, there is no difference and I have very beefy router (WNDR3700v2 with DD-WRT and maximum TX power/gain). Read DF article. The Remote Play is garbage in it's current state, unless Sony increase bitrate or resolution or both and decrease latency there is no point for me. On top of that Remote Play is capped at 30FPS while Wii U and Shield can handle 60FPS with no sweat, people who claim it's same quality (it's worse bitrate so it can't be even near to Shield and Wii U) are either blind or delusional. (that's not directed to Pingoreous, just to people who claimed that Remote Play is anywhere near Wii U or same as their TV in terms of delay).

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-vita-remote-play

And for those who said "Same as Wii U", well it's not Wii U is 10-30ms delay same with Nvidia Shield, not 90ms+.

I hope the latency is software, if the latency is caused by hardware encoder then there is no way they will improve it unless in new revision of the console leaving old consoles with same lag.

And I tried playing Assassin's Creed, NFS and CoD Ghosts. While first 2 are bareable since they are 30FPS, CoD on top of being cut to 30FPS was very slow, the difference between my 16ms display and Vita was night and day. I think people who see no difference need to check their TV and disable all the "enhancers".

yeshrug.png
You're probably right. Sony went cheap on the wireless chip in the PS4. Both the WiiU & Xbox1 wireless chips support dual-band WiFi, WiFi Direct, Miracast, Bluetooth 4.0, & NFC. Xbox1's wireless chip also supports 802.11ac WiFi. Hardware-wise, Second screen & Remote Play should be better on the Xbox1 & WiiU than on the PS4. But I think Sony is making it up by using software/techniques from Gaikai..

If you wanna look-up more info on the wireless chips in the next-gen consoles:

PS4: Marvell Avastar 88W8797 (http://www.marvell.com/wireless/avastar/88W8797/, http://www.marvell.com/wireless/assets/marvell_avastar_88w8797.pdf)

Xbox1: Marvell Avastar 88W8897 (http://www.marvell.com/wireless/avastar/88W8897/, http://www.marvell.com/wireless/avastar/88W8897/assets/Marvell-Avastar-88W8897-SoC-PB.pdf)

Wii U: http://www.broadcom.com/press/release.php?id=s722281

Amir0x

Banned
c3AqEUt.png

Go! Go! Go! Little PS4.

Seriously though this shipment Amazon got must have been massive, Sony must have been planning this shipment for a while. Other stores have got new stock too around this same time, but most of the stores nearby are either holding for Super Saturday or have already sold out of that new stock. I bet this is their biggest stock surge yet, probably want to try to win the month if possible.

beast786

Seriously though this shipment Amazon got must have been massive, Sony must have been planning this shipment for a while. Other stores have got new stock too around this same time, but most of the stores nearby are either holding for Super Saturday or have already sold out of that new stock. I bet this is their biggest stock surge yet, probably want to try to win the month if possible.

all the launches are done for 2013. Everything goes to NA/western europe
---------------------
both are in stock (xb1/ps4): we should all get along

Derpcrawler

yeshrug.png
You're probably right. Sony went cheap on the wireless chip in the PS4. Both the WiiU & Xbox1 wireless chips support dual-band WiFi, WiFi Direct, Miracast, Bluetooth 4.0, & NFC. Xbox1's wireless chip also supports 802.11ac WiFi. Hardware-wise, Second screen & Remote Play should be better on the Xbox1 & WiiU than on the PS4. But I think Sony is making it up by using software/techniques from Gaikai..

If you wanna look-up more info on the wireless chips in the next-gen consoles:

PS4: Marvell Avastar 88W8797 (http://www.marvell.com/wireless/avastar/88W8797/, http://www.marvell.com/wireless/assets/marvell_avastar_88w8797.pdf)

Xbox1: Marvell Avastar 88W8897 (http://www.marvell.com/wireless/avastar/88W8897/, http://www.marvell.com/wireless/avastar/88W8897/assets/Marvell-Avastar-88W8897-SoC-PB.pdf)

Wii U: http://www.broadcom.com/press/release.php?id=s722281

I don't think that's a wireless chip, but the hardware encoder they are using. If I ping my PS4 from my PC (which is on 5Ghz Wi-Fi) the latency is always less than 1ms inside my network.

I think people are blaming way too much on Wireless. Unless you have only 2.4Ghz in clogged neighborhood, I just don't see why some gamers view Wireless LAN as unsuitable for gaming. I get 1-2ms latency on PC to local Team Fortress 2 servers, less than 1ms if they are on my ISP network, and that's through Wi-Fi. Hell, sometimes I get less than 1ms latency to my city suburb (and Shanghai is damn huge city).

My job moved my payday till the 4th. This is the third day I've watched these still be up on Amazon.

I'm so fucking mad right now. I can't believe this. They are in stock, yet my job decided that the payroll thing ends in the 15th of December.

I doubt we will get a chance like this again :(

UNCMark

Banned
My job moved my payday till the 4th. This is the third day I've watched these still be up on Amazon.

I'm so fucking mad right now. I can't believe this. They are in stock, yet my job decided that the payroll thing ends in the 15th of December.

This isn't the Wii. It'll be on sale regularly after Christmas.

I'm assuming you somehow can't put it on a credit card?

Replicant

It looks like it:

ciJpjcu.png

Well, that escalated quickly.

slapnuts

Sony with strategic just in tlme for Christmas replenish, damm.

Definitely...and they aimed for the last "friday" before Xmas. Friday is a great day because it is when most people get paid and of course..this friday is the last friday before Xmas. Nice job Sony! This shipment MUST BE HUGE!

Pachinko

I can't help but notice it's still in stock even now. Worth noting that this shipment appears to be amazon.com only ... could they have received 50,000 units + maybe ? It also looks like it will ship to canada if you felt so inclined.

Meanwhile, amazon.ca lists a january 15th "new year" preorder. So I'm thinking they are just taking every order they've had since shortly before launch and ordering at least that many for january 15th.

Cool for people trying to get them this month I suppose. I've bought the last 2 sony home consoles on march 31st by an odd coincidence so I'll probably try to pull off a threefer there.

mstevens

As a soon to be PS4 owner, I'm glad it's #1 on Amazon right now.. but can someone explain what that means exactly? I mean, those are 24 hour lists (updated hourly) right? Does Just Dance really sell enough copies daily to be surprised that PS4 passed it one day?

Amir0x

Banned
Using Amazon rankings to extrapolate any larger success or failure is always incredibly misleading, sometimes when items are out of stock they do not list the item with the other systems being sold, for example, so it appears the system is much further down the list; other times there are seemingly bizarre things that appear out of nowhere and sell like zero copies in NPD.

It's just a short snapshot in time, it doesn't tell us much one way or the other. Before PS4 and XBO was out, it mainly just showed us a general feel of which system had the most interest. Extrapolating anything more specific than that is probably a bad idea imo.

UNCMark

Banned
As a soon to be PS4 owner, I'm glad it's #1 on Amazon right now.. but can someone explain what that means exactly? I mean, those are 24 hour lists (updated hourly) right? Does Just Dance really sell enough copies daily to be surprised that PS4 passed it one day?

Just a reflection of what's selling the most units that hour. When it runs out of stock, it'll drop back down like the Xbox One is now. When the Xbox One gets restocked, it moves back to #1. And so on and so forth.

Any idea how much Sony is shipping across the board?

I could've sworn I read on here sometime last week that they were manufacturing 1 million a month in China and an additional 300k in Japan, but that they had begun airlifting in January's supply early in December alongside December's shipment traveling by boat, doubling their initial shipping rate from about ~300k/w to ~600k/w. That would explain reports of stores receiving their biggest shipments yet while Sony is also sending stock to far more countries than they were in November, but I can't remember where I saw that or who said it.

Is the presumption that Microsoft is manufacturing a similar 1 million a month in China, with no additional stock coming from elsewhere? I think I read that as well.

UNCMark

Banned
People should be avoiding those bundles. They're charging full price for the games bundled, but they're all on sale when not bundled.

If you want the broader picture look at the best sellers in video games for 2013 (the entire year) rather than the list for the past 24 hours.

PS4 is at #8. Xbone day one edition at #17 and regular edition at #25.

cheezcake

ausGAF help needed please, has anyone else gotten their PS4 from amazon and if so have they had any region issues with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom