• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

sujl6HD.png

Apparently its not up for pre-order yet because the FCC has not approved it yet. So this could take a while still.

Lol well thats a first.

Just follow Wario64 on Twitter and have it send his tweets as notifs to your phone if you want to get a pre-order locked down. Works everytime ;)

I will upgrade from a PS4 Pro to this and still thinks it will be worth it, without a doubt.
Upgrading from the "720p console" shouldn't be that hard.

And, same with the Pro in the past, why is everyone assuming they will pay 400 or 500 bucks for the upgrade? Nobody who upgrades pays that. Are you throwing your old console into the thrash or whats happening with it? Of course you trade it in or sell it and saves half of the money for the upgrade.

I think it just comes down to value per individual and use. Someone with a great gaming PC can skip this fine probably due to Windows. Someone who doesn't see many exclusive games to their taste to push more use out of it (my OG has been hardly used; Gears4 and Prey the only recent games) shouldn't plop 500. Outside of Mordor, there wasn't anything demonstrating how much better third parties will fare, so I'll need to see more before throwing so much for third party games that hopefully look and run better enough to warrant it.

And Pro to XBOx seems odd unless you don't like any of Sony's content. IMO those exclusives have more going for it, and that's just what we know of.

However, it's probably worth it to me as:

Want a 4K player (though need the TV)

No gaming PC, so Sea of Thieves and Player Unknown Battlegrounds are a hook.

I'm confident that the third party games will be a significant performance and IQ upgrade, and we'll be seeing better examples than a supposedly old prealpha build of AC:O.

And I may be giving my XBO away to my ex wife to free my PS3 from that hostage situation.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Just waiting on trade-in deals.

Hoping for at least $100 off with my OG Xbox One.

Same here, if I can at least get over a $100 for an OG One, I will be okay with that. GS actually had some really good deals on trading a 360 towards a One leading up to launch, if I remember correctly.

Shin

Banned
A few questions regarding Xbox store setup, I'm from EU just registered an account yesterday.
So how does it all work as I plan to import a Scorpio from the US and would like to make my purchases on the US store.

With Black Friday being 2 1/2 weeks away from the US launch, it might be worth waiting and seeing if anyone puts it on sale.

PS4 Pro came out around exactly the same time last year, and Amazon/BestBuy/Target all dropped the price $50-60 for black friday a few weeks later. Some people were able to get further discounts stacking various deals at the time. Still remember all the hoops I had to jump through to get Amazon to price match my original order. Not falling for this shit again.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
I'm selling my original design XB1 with a 1TB hard drive to bring the price of the XBOX down to $400 of out of pocket cash.
Only 100 bucks for a console? Man. I would sell it privately before i gave gamestop my console for 100 bucks.

I wont even sell my vita for 100 bucks.

ElNino

If you are going to sell off a system, do it now. Don't wait for a trade-in program because they never happen at launch.
EB here (Canada) always does trade-in deals at launch. It's why I got almost $300 for my PS4 towards a Pro and why I'm getting $125 for my 3DS towards the 2DS XL.

Top Bottom