• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last Jedi is the cover of EW's Fall Movie Preview (light spoilers)

Yall think they gonna reveal Reys lineage in a EW article?

MmcO9Yz.png

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Today is the day where I'm proven right, bois.
Nope.

Today is the end of Rey Skywalker. The end of a boring theory that acquiesces to disorder! At this very moment in a system far from here, Toa TAK lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome Sephzilla! This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand, will bring an end to Star Wars GAF...to their cherished fleet. All remaining systems will bow to the Kenobi theory and will remember this AS THE LAST DAY OF THE REPUBLIC!

star-wars-the-force-awakens-general-hux-02_disney.gif

nothing's getting revealed

Nope.

Today is the end of Rey Skywalker. The end of a boring theory that acquiesces to disorder! At this very moment in a system far from here, Toa TAK lies to the galaxy while secretly supporting the treachery of the loathsome Sephzilla! This fierce machine which you have built, upon which we stand, will bring an end to Star Wars GAF...to their cherished fleet. All remaining systems will bow to the Kenobi theory and will remember this AS THE LAST DAY OF THE REPUBLIC!

giphy.gif

Yall think they gonna reveal Reys lineage in a EW article?

Not directly, no. But I bet that whatever they say will probably be gently prodding/prepping audiences for the correct answer.

If they want to reveal that Rey's not a Skywalker, this is the time and place to start planting seeds in readers/audiences' minds that maybe the main protagonist of the trilogy doesn't need to be a Skywalker. Conversely, they could do more general teasing of "Is she Luke's daughter?"

Yes. It was the pre-Internet days though so I think it didn't make much wave / people thought he was joking.

I think it was one of those things where he sorta stumbled into a lucky guess, given he was one of the people who wasn't told about the changes to Vader's lines from the official script when it came to actually shooting that scene.

You mean like they were already doing with that first article?

Like that?

I think it'll be like that.

Fun thing though is that that article still feels like it's setting folks for Rey to either be a Skywalker or a Kenobi. So maybe yeah, if they just want to prep audiences for one of two answers and keep everyone guessing which it is until December.

Toa TAK

Banned
Times like this are where I wish I was a YouTuber.

I already know what my video is going to be called:

REY'S PARENTS REVEALED?

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
I dunno if it was because of that article, but didn't George burn bridges with Prowse as well too? I don't see him getting mentioned a lot these days in official events either for some reason (or maybe I'm just really oblivious).

I did see him briefly at a convention here a few years back though.

I dunno if it was because of that article, but didn't George burn bridges with Prowse as well too? I don't see him getting mentioned a lot these days in official events either for some reason (or maybe I'm just really oblivious).

The relationship between Lucas and Prowse was never all that great. Lucasfilm and Prowse either, for that matter.

-griffy-

Banned
Nope.

HsNSVsW.gif

Not

Banned
Guys I will only be satisfied with this trilogy if it turns out Rey's parents were nobodys and her lineage never mattered all along and that Star Wars acknowledges that twists are dumb now

-griffy-

Banned
The convenient thing is we have a shot of the ship what fired those lasers blowing up too, so when the counter theory winds up being false we can blow that up as well.

At the very least, I hope that those of us who know the spoilers/keeping track of leaks will be able to tell based on what Rian says today.

I really don't think Lucasfilm is going to allow (if Breznican even wanted to, he probably doesn't) people to easily divine Rey's parentage via a magazine profile 4 months from the film's release.

Nothing's gonna come of this one way or the other so far as concrete answers. You'll get musings on theme. Which is cool.

-griffy-

Banned
It's gonna be about how Rey not having a family has defined her life so far, and the surrogate family she found in The Force Awakens, and how Luke is maybe not the father figure she expected or is looking for.

I really don't think Lucasfilm is going to allow (if Breznican even wanted to, he probably doesn't) people to easily divine Rey's parentage via a magazine profile 4 months from the film's release.

Nothing's gonna come of this one way or the other so far as concrete answers. You'll get musings on theme. Which is cool.

"So to Rey, Luke begins to fill this paternal hole in her life..."
"OMG HE'S THE FATHER!"

Top Bottom