• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NFL 2017 Offseason thread |OT2| - I Mean Look What Our Teams Did For Us!

gutshot

DFgOODXVYAAqH5n.jpg:large

LOL @ AFC East

If the Eagles finish 3rd in the NFC East then they should fire dougie and howie regardless of record. They are spending so much money, plus Wentz is supposed to take a big step forward this year. No excuses left at all.

Bread

Banned
pats will lose one to miami (so they can have their super bowl victory)

pats will win the super bowl at 18-1, thus ending all 18-1 jokes 8)

Browns with them 4 wins though!
Almost to the prophecy

Tacks are not going 12-4. Win division? Maybe but not 12-4
I could see them having that good of a record or something along those lines?

Offensively, they have one of the better RB duos in Murray and Henry,

They have a top 5 TE in Walker

They drafted Corey Davis who might be able to finally give Marcus help.

As long Mariotta doesn't die, they could do that well with their offense.

if y'all can have Dilfer level of QB play, y'all will walk the division obviously. But we will have to see on that obviously

MechDX

I could see them having that good of a record or something along those lines?

Offensively, they have one of the better RB duos in Murray and Henry,

They have a top 5 TE in Walker

They drafted Corey Davis who might be able to finally give Marcus help.

As long Mariotta doesn't die, they could do that well with their offense.

if y'all can have Dilfer level of QB play, y'all will walk the division obviously. But we will have to see on that obviously

Scott Kacsmar‏Verified account
@FO_ScottKacsmar
Follow
More
Food for thought: Marcus Mariota has already had more injuries (3) that led to games missed than most of these QBs.

DFeqoIQXcAAQOR6.jpg

Did they fix their secondary? Depending on a single rookie WR to fix the passing game? In week 17 last year the Texans 2nd and 3rd string defense gave them all they could handle.

Did they fix their secondary? Depending on a single rookie WR to fix the passing game? In week 17 last year the Texans 2nd and 3rd string defense gave them all they could handle.
Jesus, I forget how badly the Titans let Marcus die like that.

They don't need Davis to be all pro year one. They just need him to not be completely garbage and make it so that the forward pass is still an option and ground and pound to victory.

LOL @ AFC East

North is gonna be a sight to see

Ravens don't make the playoffs again, I can see a major change being made, and it's either going to be Harbaugh or Flacco exiting

Bengals don't make the playoffs again, Marvin's definitely gone

Browns, Hue and Sashi only get to go 1-15 once. At least one of them being gone looks probable unless BaeG's prophecy is fulfilled

cdyhybrid

#Colts GM Chris Ballard said at his press conference that while QB Andrew Luck has started throwing, he’ll begin camp on the PUP list.

-RapSheet

#Pray4Spin

Goro Majima

Kitty Genovese Member

LOL @ AFC East

Falcons will be lucky to go 8-8 much less win the division.

Overcoming the largest Super Bowl choke of all time on top of the Super Bowl loser hangover is going to be impossible

Dallas is hard for me to figure out. Best offensive line in football and just a complete team in general but now it's Dak's second year as a starter. Feels like a lot of rookies regress in their second year once everyone has film.

Edit: thinking it over, those are lazy predictions in general. Isn't that just keeping literally every division winner from last year more or less? I don't remember 100% off the top of my head though.

tmdorsey

Overcoming the largest Super Bowl choke of all time on top of the Super Bowl loser hangover is going to be impossible

Dallas is hard for me to figure out. Best offensive line in football and just a complete team in general but now it's Dak's second year as a starter. Feels like a lot of rookies regress in their second year once everyone has film.

Edit: thinking it over, those are lazy predictions in general. Isn't that just keeping literally every division winner from last year more or less? I don't remember 100% off the top of my head though.

Love ya wienke, but your reasoning on the Falcons and Cowboys regressing is equally as lazy as those predictions. :p

Hhmmm....adding Orr to the Texans front 7 on defense

Cowboy Culture
Jesus..

Ask Peyton if he wants to go one more time because that's ridiculous

Dallas ain't winning anything.
I can't pick the Giants because Eli is going to die behind that line like last year.

The Racists appear no better than last year on paper.

Philly could surprise us, but I'm not expecting anything yet.

So Dallas repeats.

As long as Dak takes care of the football and Zeke doesn't die, I can't make myself pick against them.

I wanna agree with you on the Atlanta logic, but who steps up to seize the division? Carolina just nuked their front offense and there is still some questions defensively, the Saints eternally have questionable defense in comparison to the rest of the division. Sure the Bucs could do it, but Jameis could still die behind that offensive line.

Atlanta on paper should win the division from the fighting DMs in the end.

Hindl

Hhmmm....adding Orr to the Texans front 7 on defense

Cowboy Culture
This is just ridiculous at this point
As long as Dak takes care of the football and Zeke doesn't die, I can't make myself pick against them.

I wanna agree with you on the Atlanta logic, but who steps up to seize the division? Carolina just nuked their front offense and there is still some questions defensively, the Saints eternally have questionable defense in comparison to the rest of the division. Sure the Bucs could do it, but Jameis could still die behind that offensive line.

Atlanta on paper should win the division from the fighting DMs in the end.
Since I've been doubting the Cowboys I'll give a reason for why I think they'll regress. They're still a playoff team, but they're playing a harder schedule so naturally that'll happen. Going from a 4th place schedule to 1st replaces the 9ers and the Bucs with the Packers and the Falcons, and then we have the Seahawks, Rams, Chiefs, Broncos, and Cards as the conference games. Those are some tough defenses.

The Cowboys OL should be able to handle the loss of Leary and Free, Collins is a mauler in the run game and he's going to his natural tackle spot. I'm not too worried about him not playing up to potential. The LG is a question mark, but 3 All Pros and Collins can make up for that. But it seems like they don't have a ton of depth, an injury couold really derail things. Then, their secondary has been depleted and replaced. I know the players they lost weren't All Stars, but still rookies take time to adjust. I still think the Cowboys should get to 10+ wins, but I think the NFC East is going to be a lot closer than last year. It's really up for grabs.

I could write up the same post about the Eagles too so it's not like they're gonna take it but still

Top Bottom