• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warning: Gears of War 3 leaked!

smik

Skilotonn said:
Yeah, it's nothing to worry about really, since it's been out for a month or more and nothing big has been shown yet.

its actually a newer build apparently, so E3 build wouldn't be a far fetched more available stuff then the other vids

skyfinch

If it's leaked, is it only people with hacked Xboxs that are able to play it? If that's the case, then I don't think it will do anything to the overall sales. It's not as if people with hacked Xboxs were going to buy the retail version anyway.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
smik said:
its actually a newer build apparently, so E3 build wouldn't be a far fetched more available stuff then the other vids

Really?

We'll see how it goes then, since I've only seen this one new video, and still has the same green blocks and main menu screen as the month-old one.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Weren't they hacked a few weeks ago?

In that lapse of time before they figured out they had been breached, it would've been possible for those who did the heinous act to acquire passwords which would have let them download content pertaining to Gears of War 3.

Found a stream, want a link??

...is it banable?

Edit: streamer is playing on a two split screen multiplayer game, there is these weird green boxes floating about.

Chinner

Banned
The Faceless Master said:
Pretty early leak for a console game! When was the last time this happened? MGS1?
mgs1 leaked? you sure about that? the biggest game leak is hl2, although it isnt a consoel game admittedly.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Push release date back from April to September just for the money and then it leaks hella early...damn.

It's unfortunate, but I can't say I'm not trying to get a pushed up date because of this. End of July? August?

zychi

Banned
Chinner said:
mgs1 leaked? you sure about that? the biggest game leak is hl2, although it isnt a consoel game admittedly.
mgs1 leaked about a month before the actual release, this was before the internet was ontop of everything tho. i watched my buddy play through it and when i finally got my copy was able to just cruise through the game.

ShaneB

Just seeing this news now... daaamn. Pretty high profile leak, but highly doubt it'll have much impact on the games sales.

Deadbeat

Banned
Chinner said:
Game wasnt complete though. It was a bunch of e3 map demonstrations and technical showcases of the source engine.

Hey You

Of course it leaked, Microsoft's publishing the game. All their games seem to get leaked (see every halo game for example).

ShaneB said:
Just seeing this news now... daaamn. Pretty high profile leak, but highly doubt it'll have much impact on the games sales.
Exactly.

Lets be honest, people don't buy this game for it's story. It's mostly for CO-OP or competitive MP.

DR2K

Banned
Smision said:
spoilers: the good guys win. the degree to which they win may vary-- perfect victory, bittersweet after the deaths of some comrades, bittersweet after its unclear how "good" they really are, bad victory when they lose everything in the process of winning, etc.

Can't wait to see what focus group #34769 chose for Gears 3's ending!

What's so hard about understanding that someone could like what you dislike? Much less showing total disregard to their opinion, like yours is the almighty truth. Must be nice to live in a world where all your opinions are right.

feel

pharmboy044 said:
Lets be honest, people don't buy this game for it's story. It's mostly for CO-OP or competitive MP.
I do. Gears campaigns are great and I don't wanna know what happens beforehand.

edit- I care about the mp modes too ofcourse

Smision said:
spoilers: the good guys win. the degree to which they win may vary-- perfect victory, bittersweet after the deaths of some comrades, bittersweet after its unclear how "good" they really are, bad victory when they lose everything in the process of winning, etc.

Can't wait to see what focus group #34769 chose for Gears 3's ending!
haters gonna hate. it's not like epic is going to end their trilogy on a low note. that's what the second installment is for. that being said, considering gears 2 ended with "bad victory" i am thinking gears 3 will end with some type of "bittersweet victory".

Addnan

If it was a few weeks early then fine we can be careful and avoid certain places, but almost about 3 months :/

Maralist

Neo Member
When Microsoft gave Epic the green light to hold it over a year, they completely revamped the game. Almost to the point where the two games were indistinguishable. I wouldn't be surprised if the leaked version wasn't the actual copy of the game.

CyReN

How is anybody surprised how early it was leaked? It was supposed to come out 3 months ago, it's already rated M. It's bound to happen..

dank0723

Banned
Maralist said:
When Microsoft gave Epic the green light to hold it over a year, they completely revamped the game. Almost to the point where the two games were indistinguishable. I wouldn't be surprised if the leaked version wasn't the actual copy of the game.

Umm, I'm not sure where you heard that, but you are way off. ;)

shinnn

Looks like the same E3 build. Nothing get spoiled since then, so I don't think it will spoil anything too.

And funny how this thread moved faster than the awesome beast mode trailer.

[Nintex]

Hey You said:
Of course it leaked, Microsoft's publishing the game. All their games seem to get leaked (see every halo game for example).
That's what happens when interns develop your games.

Phloxy said:
From what I've read it only works on certain modded xbox's, the fist guy who posted a video looked like he had a devkit of some sort. This is pretty crazy for anything to leak this early, finished or not.

I hope that's true, negating much of it's piracy spread.

xion4360

Maralist said:

what is that supposed to mean? If the game was revamped as you say... assuming what you mean by 2 games is.. the version that was going to be released, and the revamped version...indistinguishable would be the wrong word to describe them, as it means exactly alike.

Dacon

Banned
Well, if it's any consolation it's clearly unfinished guys. Glitches all over the place, walking through walls and shit.

If I'm not mistaken some of the geometry looks unfinished in a few videos.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
From what I saw, there wasn't anything different at all, same green boxes, same menu, the only thing is that the guy didn't go to Campaign at all so I don't know if there is more than the first two chapters anymore.

So again, I wouldn't be worried.

Top Bottom