• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Adam Sessler leaves G4/X-Play

zroid

Banned
Sweet, now we can a Morgan Webb-only show, awwwwwww yeah

Blair Herter says hi

--

I hold Sess in considerably higher regard than I do the establishment he basically ran, so hopefully he will find more fruitful work elsewhere. I look forward to seeing where he ends up.

megalowho

Sessler was the only reason to ever watch anything G4 related.
ibtcBRb8sPfclQ.jpg

Brimstone

my reputation is Shadowruined
He is one of the few gaming "journalists" that I respect. He is fair and balanced along with being sincere with his viewpoints.

Garnett Lee just wished him all the best on Twitter so I'm not sure if he will be going to Shack. Thought it was a slim chance anyways.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Fuck, I just realized that now I will have to sit through three morons talking that I could give a shit less about while trying to watch the E3 conferences on my HDTV.

Note: it use to be two when Sessler was there. :/

Fake edit: I'll never forget when Sessler freaked out because G4 switched to commercial during the Microsoft conference RIGHT when they were showing the first Halo 3 footage. :lol

RPGCrazied

Apparently, contract issues, according to Kotaku. They also say that it wasn't an amicable split.

Wonder if G4 is getting out of the gaming business.

They do have a new president now. Neal Tiles left the company. We might see a whole new G4 come next year. Who knows.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Probably Verge since they seem to just like throwing money everywhere or Gametrailers. If he even sticks to doing journalism, that is. Dude's been doing it for a long time.

zroid

Banned
I hope he goes to GT.com

god, no :/

Probably Verge since they seem to just like throwing money everywhere or Gametrailers. If he even sticks to doing journalism, that is. Dude's been doing it for a long time.

I could easily see this happening. Since he's got plenty of experience, they might be inclined to put him in charge of developing video content.

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Apparently, contract issues, according to Kotaku. They also say that it wasn't an amicable split.

Wonder if G4 is getting out of the gaming business.

As long as they give me my E3 press conferences this year they can do whatever they hell they want to with all the other shit.

Ninja Warrior falling under made them already dead to me except for in June.

He had some pretty odd stances on a lot of things and didn't really seem too well-informed on a lot, but it seems like he tried hard to get across his feelings and what a specific game meant in his review which most reviewers don't. Didn't really watch his Soapbox or read many of his reviews in the last few years though.

Patryn

The only hurdle I can see in him going to another journalism job is that he'd be a fairly senior guy. Which sites have a senior editor-type position open?

Wilsongt

I miss the old X-play when it was actually about reviewing games and not about... whatever it turned into when G4 inhaled and shit out TechTV.

I could see him going to IGN and becoming there Geoff Keighley.

He would become there serious industry talk person.

IGN could really use someone with a bit more credibility to even out the lowest common denominator Greg Miller and Daily fix videos.

Also if GB fired Patrick and hired Sess that would be pretty great. Let Patrick go destroy another website.

I liked Sessler. This might actually be a step up for him. I used to watch X-play until Direct TV dropped G4 for being like the lowest rated channel on cable. I always like their E3 coverage though.

Codeblue

I could see him going to IGN and becoming there Geoff Keighley.

He would become there serious industry talk person.

IGN could really use someone with a bit more credibility to even out the lowest common denominator Greg Miller and Daily fix videos.

Also if GB fired Patrick and hired Sess that would be pretty great. Let Patrick go destroy another website.

I'm not sure he would fit in on the Bombcast since he would probably want to talk about games.

Kacho

This is both sad and exciting. He was the face of G4 and even though I didn't care for the show he made suffering through it possible. I'm sure he'll have no problems finding a new gig.

zroid

Banned
I vaguely recall him hating everything. He's like yahtzee but without being entertaining.

Not really; Tommy just had laser-honed tastes, and for that reason wasn't particularly well suited to reviewing lots of games (which he did anyway).

So Morgan Webb is now the last TechTV personality still on G4? I feel old...

Kevin Perreira was on TechTV as well. I recall him doing a video game news program with a couple of other people before switching to the old ScreenSavers/ATOS.

Top Bottom