• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Thread (redux)

Really waiting on a whole One Piece Blu-Ray collection. Damn, after the war arc, I really want to own that animated.
I believe funimation has the option of doing one piece on blu ray, no clue if they will actually do it with the latest season they reveived, if only every long running anime could do like fairy tail and hunter x hunter and get on it.

BHK3

Banned
I haven't watched the anime since the end of the sabo arc. Has the anime been faithful/had good animation so far? I haven't watched mainly because of how the marineford arc was handled.

I haven't watched the anime since the end of the sabo arc. Has the anime been faithful/had good animation so far? I haven't watched mainly because of how the marineford arc was handled.

It's been faithful and had good animation from time to time. It's just the pacing is pretty crappy, as it was in the manga for this arc.

SykoTech

If the flashback had ended right there, he probably never would have turned out the way he did.

Alas.

Yeah, I see what you mean now. If Tiger ultimately died because he could accept humans, then there's no way Arlong was going to let go of his hate for them. I was actually beginning to feel sorry for him, especially when he got shot down by Kizaru.

Still....seeing Jimbei beat the crap outta him put a grin on my face.

789shadow

Banned
Yeah, I see what you mean now. If Tiger ultimately died because he could accept humans, then there's no way Arlong was going to let go of his hate for them. I was actually beginning to feel sorry for him, especially when he got shot down by Kizaru.

Still....seeing Jimbei beat the crap outta him put a grin on my face.
Oh no, he still ignored everything Tiger tried to say to him and went all evil all over East Blue, so no sorry points here.

This flashback has lasted so long that Ive forgotten the point of it. JINBE! Was pretty cool even if he didnt use Fishman Karate. Kind of shocking that he just has a bounty of 250mln which enabled him to become a Shichibukai, yet Luffy, heh even Zoro I guess, never got offered when that was their bounties?

The Otohime part was emotional, didnt seem like it was canon but I enjoyed it.

SykoTech

Is Shirahosi really some legenadary mermaid or was that just Conqueror's Haki? I don't really recall haki being able to summon beasts like that though, just intimidate them.

EDIT: Actually, nevermind. Might as well remain spoiler-free. :)

I don't think the next episode's gonna be pretty...

Cwarrior

One piece 544- am sure at this point the the ocean in one piece is made up of manly tears

I like the whole soft water colour look this arc is going for in order to match oda vision in one of the FI arc artwork.

like how each arc has it's own look

z75dW.jpg
is it me or does this area also remind of legend of zelda skyward sword water temple/ water dragons lair

One piece 545

this definitely not going to be pretty, I thought like 5 times it's going to happen then but i was like ehh it didn't happen yet then by the end am like ohh there really going for soul crusher.

One Piece 545

Wow how much longer is this flashback?! It honestly feels likes its been months. It has lasted so long that it is now just about as dull as it was in the manga and I miss the strawhats.

Mr. Fix

I cried. Seriously. This has happened to me multiple times over this series. Whoever composes the music is a genius.

Holy shietttttt. Still have to catch up on last week's too, but now I'm more pumped. The music's the cut for making or breaking it. Let's go!

Mr. Fix

That episode was amazing. Made me bawl of course. Sounds like they're rolling out the new themes/tracks. Still want a Mother Sea version of We Go! though.

For those of you with no heart, the flashback sequence ends on the next episode.
Dat Fukaboshi speech! I have no doubt that they'll nail it.

SykoTech

A satisfying conclusion to the flashback. Glad we're back to the present.

And nice to see Luffy in character as well. He couldn't even be arsed to listen to Nami's backstory, so I knew there was no way he should have been listening to really long explanation.

Now let's get to the ass-kicking part already.

One episode behind, but finally got to watching 546. Was definitely way more emotional and powerful than the manga. So many good moments, tears of joy when Otohime returned to the island and all the signatures then so much sadness during the ending moments.

Steroyd

One Piece - 546 & 547

Wow when they get to the sad moments they're really on song, beautifully done and now that the flashback is over, we're going to get to business.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
In DVD news:
Rightstuf.com has put the pre-order for Season 4 Volume 1, it's coming August 7th.

Mark your calenders.

Maron

Wow I wonder how soon until the collections catch up. Guess Ill get that to finally see season 4. dub ftw.

Collection 7 comes out the week after, and then Collection 8 has the end of Season 3 (will likely release in October with S4V2). After that, say goodbye to Collection sets for at least a couple years. Season 4 will likely be 5 Voyages too so re-releasing may not even happen until they dub and release all of Season 5 (which will also likely be 5 Voyages).

So it's really important people buy these Voyages now. Plus if you pre-order from RightStuf you get it at least two weeks early.

In DVD news:
Rightstuf.com has put the pre-order for Season 4 Volume 1, it's coming August 7th.

Mark your calenders.

It's also 16 bucks cheaper than previous Voyage sets.

Episode 547
tumblr_m431kw7GZh1qgjhyuo1_500.gif

My same feelings at the flashback and part of the arc but with that epic background ost track playing things are about to get intense soon and I cant wait. I pray there is something that will remove that scar, ugh, Ill never warm up to it.

KillGore

Episode 547

My same feelings at the flashback and part of the arc but with that epic background ost track playing things are about to get intense soon and I cant wait. I pray there is something that will remove that scar, ugh, Ill never warm up to it.

Doubt it, plus a lot of people like battle damage, it shows experience. Personally I love it and I'm more worried with Zoro never opening his eye again.

Maron

Episode 547

Get over it, dude. Don't mean to sound cold but what would the point of removing it? Akainu gave that to him in Marineford and it'll serve as a constant reminder that Luffy got off easy that day two years ago.

Cwarrior

One Piece 546

the aka-mabo dance of sadness, it's sad watching those two forced to
dance to prevent there little sister from unleashing sea kings on to there people while there mother lies there dying.

One piece 547

now that's just evil you have to go and crush the
dream
as well.

BatDan

I finally managed to snag a copy of Season Two Volume 5. Had to pay quite a bit though since it's out of print, and I still paid less than what people are normally offering for it. $85+ for others, I managed to find one for $70.

I also got Season Two Volume 1 and Volume 2 really cheap from Rightstuf. I only have 9 more voyages to get before I have all 16 (17 in August).

I should really REALLY catch up on the simulcast though. Not sure why I stopped....

I finally managed to snag a copy of Season Two Volume 5. Had to pay quite a bit though since it's out of print, and I still paid less than what people are normally offering for it. $85+ for others, I managed to find one for $70.

I also got Season Two Volume 1 and Volume 2 really cheap from Rightstuf. I only have 9 more voyages to get before I have all 16 (17 in August).

I should really REALLY catch up on the simulcast though. Not sure why I stopped....

You should have just got the collections since its far less costly than getting all those voyages, especially that one that was out of print. THough now my collection looks odd since I have all voyages before that volume in season 2 and now collections of the rest... :(

BatDan

Finally see One Piece: Season 4 on Amazon

But this not the whole season of course its a Voyage
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0083QJWB6/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Oh yeah. I'm excited, and will hopefully keep up with getting these releases. I made the mistake of lagging behind before. Not this time!

You should have just got the collections since its far less costly than getting all those voyages, especially that one that was out of print. THough now my collection looks odd since I have all voyages before that volume in season 2 and now collections of the rest... :(

Who says I'm not getting the collections? Those are a lower priority at the moment but I will get the four I don't have as well. Gotta show Funimation people do want this show and not to drag their feet with getting the rest of the episodes.

Zoro's eye is probably just some handicap he's giving himself like DBZ weighted clothing. Can't see it becoming a Naruto thing. But then, Oda has been predictable for awhile now.

I hope not...
the characters looking more rugged now is a good thing
like i dunno... PIRATES

Okay, I want him to have an eyepatch now.

The manga dragged, can't imagine how the anime must be like.

I have a 40 episode backlog at this point. Planning on watching Fishman Island in one shot.

This is what I'm doing. Except I haven't watched since they escaped Impel Down so.... yeah, I could probably start now and make it up to the current manga arc in the anime but I may wait a bit longer. Really hoping the anime has gotten better again.

KillGore

I hope not...
the characters looking more rugged now is a good thing
like i dunno... PIRATES

I agree, but it's kinda weird how they haven't even explained his scar. No one has even asked!! I mean, we know where everyone's scars come from, or at least most of them. What if he was able to train his eyes and be like Mihawk's eyes?

Hawkeyes.png

Top Bottom