• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rixa

Ok got it working and made data transfer, had gazillion of stuff in inbox (47 items). It seems I grinded my way to level 38. I bet FGO has changed alot from early days so I have few general questions:

* Is the new gacha / banner tomorrow, should I pull? (I have 65 SQ and 4 Summon tix)
* Where to focus (some Halloween event prolly starting)?

My team at the moment:
* Leader Zhuge Liang (50/50) - The Imaginary element 16/20
* Altria Pendragon (50/50) - Limited/Zero Over 1/20
* Sub Mash Kyrielight - Fruitful 1/15

Total cost 56/63. I think Sub is there for cost issues :).

Dandte

Ok got it working and made data transfer, had gazillion of stuff in inbox (47 items). It seems I grinded my way to level 38. I bet FGO has changed alot from early days so I have few general questions:

* Is the new gacha / banner tomorrow, should I pull? (I have 65 SQ and 4 Summon tix)

My team at the moment:

I had to grind through the story because the halloween event requires france...not sure if unlocked or completed.

elty

In addition, other than Main Quests, repeatable Free Quests and Party Quests that will show up on 12:00 UTC and 20:00 UTC of each day, many surprise quests will be available! Pay attention to the map and all the different quests!

Sounds like the time gated version?

wilstreak

My team at the moment:

tomorrow Gacha will introduce Tamamo, generally a well-regarded character. But since she is also a caster and little bit inferior than Zhuge/Waver, then you actually don't really need her except for waifu reason.

maybe save for Scathach banner.

In JP, Scathacha banner comes 2 banner after Drake banner. So in GL probably there is still 3 banner left before scat (halloween, da vinchi and nobunaga)

Rixa

I had to grind through the story because the halloween event requires france...not sure if unlocked or completed.

tomorrow Gacha will introduce Tamamo, generally a well-regarded character. But since she is also a caster and little bit inferior than Zhuge/Waver, then you actually don't really need her except for waifu reason.

maybe save for Scathach banner.

In JP, Scathacha banner comes 2 banner after Drake banner. So in GL probably there is still 3 banner left before scat (halloween, da vinchi and nobunaga)

Thanks, it seems Dandte is still on my friendlist. Originally I was planning to get Tamamo as that unit of choice, but I stopped playing before I had a chance to grab it. But I will save my resources for another day.

wilstreak

Thanks, it seems Dandte is still on my friendlist. Originally I was planning to get Tamamo as that unit of choice, but I stopped playing before I had a chance to grab it. But I will save my resources for another day.

this is different Tamamo though.

unit of choice is berserker, this new one is caster.

Dandte

Speaking of pulling.

Gaf said my account was good to go and no rerolling needed.

My notable units are

5* zhuge liang
4* heracles, altria pentragon (alter), emiya, atalante (best waifu), altria pentragon (lily)

On the ce side i think i‘m kinda good.

Should i pull (i’m at 60 quartz atm) or wait?

Grazzt

Speaking of pulling.

Gag said my account was good to go and no rerolling needed.

My notable units are

5* zhuge liang
4* heracles, altria pentragon (alter), emiya, atalante (best waifu), altria pentragon (lily)

That account is really good. You don’t really need to roll for Tamamo at this moment. Save your quartz
Btw, finish Orlean first so you can participate in Halloween event

Dandte

That account is really good. You don’t really need to roll for Tamamo at this moment. Save your quartz
Btw, finish Orlean first so you can participate in Halloween event

Thanks Grazzt. Finished Orlean in time for tomorrow, had to use a few golden fruits floating in my inventory though.

Speaking of pulling.

Gaf said my account was good to go and no rerolling needed.

My notable units are

5* zhuge liang

Is she your waifu.

If yes roll. If not don't

Mupod

457 quartz/51 tickets. Don't think I missed any free quests or interludes that reward SQ. I missed one login day since launch and spent only the initial 30. I used 1 ticket on each banner that looked interesting, got a Kaleidoscope that way which helped a lot, but yeah I've been doing everything with my tamamocat/vlad/emiya team since the start.

I'm prepared to burn through all of it by this time tomorrow. The Gamepress summon simulator is...not helping my confidence.

Yeah weeks of just grinding stuff after Oceanos has been, meh.

Game needs more text stuff. The more time I spend looking at bad flash style animation the worse it is.

T-Rex.

Banned
457 quartz/51 tickets. Don't think I missed any free quests or interludes that reward SQ. I missed one login day since launch and spent only the initial 30. I used 1 ticket on each banner that looked interesting, got a Kaleidoscope that way which helped a lot, but yeah I've been doing everything with my tamamocat/vlad/emiya team since the start.

I'm prepared to burn through all of it by this time tomorrow. The Gamepress summon simulator is...not helping my confidence.
Yorokobe, shounen.
Good luck man. And to everyone else who hoarded their quartz for Tamamo.

Pejo

How much are you guys willing to throw at this banner? I'm doing no more than 60 Quartz to try to land some early CE's, and maybe Tamamo will pop up. I quit farming embers yesterday to finish up some interludes and FQ's to get that Quartz pool back up.

Moonlight

Banned
Blowing all tickets I have and 90 quartz. I'm crossing my fingers that I get Tamamo but my odds are pretty terrible.

I really thought I'd be able to resist using so much quartz for the sake of Mordred and Scathach (and JAlter), but I'm weak in spirit. Tamamo is the first servant that's shown up on a banner I legitimately care about having.

T-Rex.

Banned
How much are you guys willing to throw at this banner? I'm doing no more than 60 Quartz to try to land some early CE's, and maybe Tamamo will pop up. I quit farming embers yesterday to finish up some interludes and FQ's to get that Quartz pool back up.
1 ticket. And one yolo roll with quartz.

Sciel

Good luck man. If anyone gets a Tamamo, I hope its you.

All in probably.
At this point I'm a little tired of FGO and i'll let the Gacha gods decide if I should take a step back/quit (fail to get Tamamo) or continue (get Tamamo).

kewlmyc

Not going to bother with her honestly. Never played Extra and already have Waver. Will use like 3 tickets regardless though. Might get lucky and get her like I did Kinoki.

Saving my stones for Jack since I need an assassin that doesn't suck.

Quonny

One ten pull.

And then another when I don't get her.

RSchmitz

I couldn't handle Jack's voice in JP. She's great to play but her voice annoys me so much.

MARIADARIPAAAAA

I'll avoid her if I can. Which means she'll probably spook me.

Stenlock

Neo Member
Decided to try the summon simulator and yep, that's my E rank luck alright.

After 1120 quartz I managed to pull 1(ONE) 5 star servant. Guess who? Altera, of course. It's not like I pulled her 6 freaking times in the actual game already.

Blowing pretty much everything till I get her or run out. I want the Fate/Extra Servants. Nero I'm waiting for the Bride Nero / regular Nero banner.

How is Little Halloween Devil CE btw? I've heard its really good from some sources, and not so good from others. Everyone seems to be going for the Halloween Princess instead.

Blowing pretty much everything till I get her or run out. I want the Fate/Extra Servants. Nero I'm waiting for the Bride Nero / regular Nero banner.

How is Little Halloween Devil CE btw? I've heard its really good from some sources, and not so good from others. Everyone seems to be going for the Halloween Princess instead.

Halloween Devil is better for Support NPs, Halloween Princess is better for DMG NPs.

Also will do 1 10-roll. I'm well aware that my gacha luck is shit and I'm mostly saving for Okita right now.

Decided to try the summon simulator and yep, that's my E rank luck alright.

After 1120 quartz I managed to pull 1(ONE) 5 star servant. Guess who? Altera, of course. It's not like I pulled her 6 freaking times in the actual game already.

I decided to use the summon simulator as well. Guess how long it took me to get Tamamo?

pctXAnk.jpg

I ran the simulator. I would have had to spend $1500+ to get Tamamo-no-mae. By that point, I had Two Anne and Bonny's, Three more Wavers, a Vlad, and TOO DAMN MANY CAMILLA'S AND TAMAMOs!

EDarkness

I really don't need another good caster unit. I have Zhuge right now. I need other classes like assassin, lancer, etc. Pulling in this game is so damn terrible. I hate it.

Zhao_Yun

Will probably use 8 tickets.... I already have Waver so I don't really need her, but I need an excuse for trying to get some good CEs since mine suck.

kewlmyc

Finally playing though the story (Septem and Okeanos). Why even bother giving you choices if both choices mean the exact same thing? Games that do this get on my nerves. This game is extremely bad at it. Lots of games have this illusion of choice, but it's usually not this blatant. "I'll pass" vs "I'm good", "Let's get ready" vs "Let's go"? Such riveting choices.

Strimei

I'm saving mostly for Scathach but I've budgeted enough for a 10 roll or two for that fluffy tail.

I also ran the simulator at work today and got Tamamo within 3 10-rolls so...kinda hopeful?

Grazzt

I'll throw 10 tickets and maybe a 10 roll for Tamamo.
Need to save quartz for Scathach and Okita.

My Halloween farming plan: Roll FP gacha for copies of Jack-O-Lantern. Equip them and start main quests. After finishing them, farm 40 ap free quest for pumpkins till I get three copies of Maid in Halloween. Then start grinding 30 ap one for bats and final copy of Halloween princess.
My Anne&Mary will see a lot of use in this event I guess. 150k HP Tamamo? No big deal.

Hubb

Finally playing though the story (Septem and Okeanos). Why even bother giving you choices if both choices mean the exact same thing? Games that do this get on my nerves. This game is extremely bad at it. Lots of games have this illusion of choice, but it's usually not this blatant. "I'll pass" vs "I'm good", "Let's get ready" vs "Let's go"? Such riveting choices.

Yeah I absolutely hate that too. Honestly I hate most of how they try to shoehorn in the "player" into conversations.

Fishious

Hmm, I'd originally planned to go all in on Tamamo, but now the fated hour approaches I'm getting cold feet. I might compromise by spending all my tickets and maybe a 10 roll. On the one hand I'm probably better off waiting for a limited servant, but on the other the rates are bad enough that several hundred quartz hardly guarantees anything. Oh if only someone had warned me what I was getting into, perhaps with some form of thread subtitle.

And on the subject of false choice in the storyline it bugs me too. The fact that both responses are almost identical most of the time makes it even sillier. Why even bother at that point?

kewlmyc

Yeah I absolutely hate that too. Honestly I hate most of how they try to shoehorn in the "player" into conversations.

They could at least go the Persona route and have the same answer but in different tones, like a normal "yes" and a more sarcastic "yeah, whatever". Or "Sorry for interrupting" and a more mean spirited "Stop ignoring me". Both can easily be substituted for each other, but you can shape the personality of the avatar to whatever you see fit. They do this occasionally, but it's usually just to shit on Dr. Roman for some reason.

Quonny

They could at least go the Persona route and have the same answer but in different tones, like a normal "yes" and a more sarcastic "yeah, whatever". Or "Sorry for interrupting" and a more mean spirited "Stop ignoring me". Both can easily be substituted for each other, but you can shape the personality of the avatar to whatever you see fit. They do this occasionally, but it's usually just to shit on Dr. Roman for some reason.

It didn't feel that bad until Okeanos. The Okeanos choices were wew.

EDarkness

That stuff made me laugh out loud. And what gets me is that it doesn't matter, either. I wish the choices I made actually had some kind of meaning, but they're nothing but an extra button press during already text heavy conversations. Why even have the choice there? Ugh.

Articalys

I'm pretty sure there are some bugged prompts that are supposed to vary the immediate following dialogue slightly depending on your choice, but right now they lead to the same result. It's pretty obvious if one of the choices mentions something specific and you pick the other one, only for the next lines to make more sense if you had picked the other option.

Sometimes they even give us a dialogue prompt with only one option. Just make the protagonist actually talk if you have to resort to that, dagnabbit.

kewlmyc

Just grail CA Hassan until he's level 80+ and you're all set! ;P

All my grails are going to gay buldges, sorry.

I couldn't handle Jack's voice in JP. She's great to play but her voice annoys me so much.

MARIADARIPAAAAA

I'll avoid her if I can. Which means she'll probably spook me.

Good thing I play with voices off. Also she's keeping her rags on at all times. I play this in public occasionally.

Who am I kidding. With my luck with getting Gil, Kinoki, and Drake, I'm pretty sure I used all my luck up already.

Umbooki

The stupid part of my brain is telling me to give all of my grails to Drake even though I have better candidates.

I may just save them all for Shiki when she pops up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom