• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Wii U Speculation thread IV: Photoshop rumors and image memes

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
My apologies if this has already been posted. From the latest Gameinformer ...

"Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia says that developers told him the Wii U will have 50 percent more processing power than the Xbox 360 and PS3,but Nintendo hasnt' confirmed this rumor."

Ah.. this day now feels complete..

My apologies if this has already been posted. From the latest Gameinformer ...

"Sterne Agee analyst Arvind Bhatia says that developers told him the Wii U will have 50 percent more processing power than the Xbox 360 and PS3,but Nintendo hasnt' confirmed this rumor."

Seems like a random thing to tell an analyst.

BurntPork

Banned
Seeing the birth of a new glitch that allows OoT to be beaten in 20 minutes reminds me of how bad Nintendo's bug checkers really are and how desperately they need patching. lol

Congrats, DefectiveReject, you fooled the entire internet.
I'm quite sad today.
I scheduled a PR email from Nintendo last night about sales data.
I'd been waiting all week.
The mail server failed at 11pm... so pissed.
Was hoping to catch people out with it...

Also I didn't edit the Nintendo site. I've replicated it ... well a small part of it anyway. I'm a developer I use code not firebug .. . Lol.
So shame on you presumptious He edited it with firebug GAF. Hence why I didn't post the address bar. I'm pissed as I actually posted the wrong screen

. The one I should of posted I actually translated the words after Entertainment System and put the Japanese in. Damn me.

I did say I was gonna try stuff.... and I have collected email addresses for about twenty different games companies. . . Ill have fun with those... especially as this poor attempt got this far.

Edit
So yeah. No firebug, no Java, no editing the Nintendo site, no Photoshop, technically all correct

"Wii Entertainment System" is seems like it'd be even more confusing than Wii U, it just sounds like a formal way of referring to the existing Wii.
Yeah, it'd be like the next PlayStation being the PlayStation Computer Entertainment System. I wouldn't read too much into it.

Seeing the birth of a new glitch that allows OoT to be beaten in 20 minutes reminds me of how bad Nintendo's bug checkers really are and how desperately they need patching. lol

Back in those days, every game had bugs like that.

If there was an example like that in Skyward Sword, then you'd have a valid point.

BurntPork

Banned

If there was an example like that in Skyward Sword, then you'd have a valid point.

Nothing that bad, but search Google/YouTube for "skyward sword back in time glitch"

Do it for Wind Waker and TP as well.

And Wind Waker zombie hover.

And TP Master Sword early.

Also, that oot glitch was found about 20 minutes ago.

The game was also thoroughly enjoyed for well over a decade before this came up. This sort of glitch is something to which patches are neither necessary nor fun. Its existence is an argument *against* downloadable patches on consoles.

Anth0ny

Crazy. Light arrow skip was pretty much all that was left to find.

I'm not sure why there were problems with the stream. It seemed to work fine with some people, and was unwatchable for others. I'll try my best to correct the problems, and hold another stream closer to E3.

Until then, Here's the E3 2004 Nintendo Press Conference in its entirety. For those who couldn't follow along with the stream, give it a watch. Enjoy!

BY2K

Membero Americo
I'm quite sad today.
I scheduled a PR email from Nintendo last night about sales data.
I'd been waiting all week.
The mail server failed at 11pm... so pissed.
Was hoping to catch people out with it...

Also I didn't edit the Nintendo site. I've replicated it ... well a small part of it anyway. I'm a developer I use code not firebug .. . Lol.
So shame on you presumptious He edited it with firebug GAF. Hence why I didn't post the address bar. I'm pissed as I actually posted the wrong screen

. The one I should of posted I actually translated the words after Entertainment System and put the Japanese in. Damn me.

I did say I was gonna try stuff.... and I have collected email addresses for about twenty different games companies. . . Ill have fun with those... especially as this poor attempt got this far.

Edit
So yeah. No firebug, no Java, no editing the Nintendo site, no Photoshop, technically all correct

So you admit it's a fake, then?

HylianTom

Banned

I'm not sure why there were problems with the stream. It seemed to work fine with some people, and was unwatchable for others. I'll try my best to correct the problems, and hold another stream closer to E3.

Until then, Here's the E3 2004 Nintendo Press Conference in its entirety. For those who couldn't follow along with the stream, give it a watch. Enjoy!

Thanks for the video! Barring any emergencies, I'm done with my last work for the day and now have unmitigated free time! Woo hoo!

(and my complements on the tags.. haha..)

abasm

I often wonder how the 3DS might have fared if Nintendo had given it an additional year to "cook" and released around Oct/Nov of last year, with Mario and Ocarina at launch. The system is fine now in the eyes of consumers, but I think that the whole price-drop/ambassador incident made investors leery.

Based on the Wii U reveal last E3, I think Nintendo was prepping for an Early 2012 launch into similar circumstances--a weak launch and a trickle of games until the holidays, allowing them time to "beta test" the hardware on early adopters and work out any major flaws by its "real" release. Having two E3s between a hardware unveiling and launch is pretty unusual, which leads me to believe that Nintendo was unprepared and radically altered its strategy mid to late last year. By that logic, their plan appears to be one of a strong launch at the end of this year, by which point Nintendo and third parties will have had ample time with the tech.

Nintendo is going to come out swinging at this year's E3. Couple that with how strong the 3DS has been recently, and they may even out-do 2010.

Thoraxes

I have that on DVD.
cggd7.jpg
qOeTC.jpg

Isn't making a fake and posting it as news a banned thing on GAF?

Might be bannable:

Gotcha! Bait and Switch. You don't need to trick people. Don't post comedy news as real news, don't post rickrolls, don't post rumours as facts, don't post things you don't believe just because another site posted them, try to find legitimate sources.

No.. My previous post was about the mynintendonews site. This is a different site.

Thank you for taking over the WESwatch. It's my mum's birthday, and I'm on a cell phone, so my posting is low profile now. :)

edit: hrm, that gaf tos text would seem to also make the jokey linking to all those news sites potentially bannable, too. Sorry about that, didn't realize it could have such implications. :O

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom