• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Craig Ferguson may be getting replaced as Late Late Show host

Status
Not open for further replies.
If that happens, I wouldn't mind if CC offered Craig a nice contract to take the void that will be left after the Colbert Report finishes...of course I would have Colbert and Ferguson back to back though.

Camp Lo

Banned
God, there's no one in the entertainment industry I loathe more than Chelsea Handler. Please please please let her never see prosperity.

Tina Fey!

You need a comedian for these shows. They're all about the monologue and she's not that type of entertainer.

ЯAW

Banned
It would be sad to see him go. If he does I hope what ever he does next includes Geoff. Oh, and there would be no way in hell Tina Fey taking late late slot. She is huge, she will keep making movies and tv shows.

Chelsea Handler (or anyone, really, but she's one of the worst possible options) replacing Ferguson would be fucking tragic.

If he actually gets replaced, though, seeing him completely not give a shit would be fantastic.

Draconian

I just hope Craig does whatever he wants. If he wants to stay, then I hope he stays, but if he leaves, then I hope he does so on his own terms.

kmag

This may just be the network trying to flex some leverage as Ferguson's contract comes up for negotiation.

Ferguson has a clause which gives him a payout if he doesn't replace Letterman. They may be trying to dissuade him from exercising it.

Vard

Really hope this doesn't happen as he is the best interviewer on the late night circuit. So many entertaining Kristen Bell interviews.

Randam

I only watch him on youtube(german here), but he is really great.
his interviews are the best.
especially with females.

KaiserBecks

Probably just the usual PR "we have other options"-jibberjabber because they have to re-negotiate with Ferguson. Replacing him with someone like Chelsea Handler would be beyond stupid.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Please no. Ferguson is great.. I don't get why they'd want to do this.

Also please no to Chelsea Handler. There's a lot of other women who are way funnier than she is.

Shaneus

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-...s-woman-would-be-great-as-late-late-host.html

More at the link.

Man, fuck CBS if they replace Craig for no reason. Especially with Chelsea Handler, who is the opposite of funny. If you want a female host, hell, at least go for someone like Tina Fey or Amy Poehler. But still, Craig's the best thing CBS has going for it in the late night arena, and I'd hate to see him get pushed out. I mean, unless it meant he could take his show to cable and go 100% unrestrained. That'd be pretty great I guess.
My first thought was that if they have to do this (and I seriously hope not), an ideal female host would be Rebel Wilson. Hasn't had enough screen time as Poehler or Fey to have massive expectations or be considered a waste at that timeslot, but every time I've seen her as a guest on talk shows she's always been incredibly funny. And from what I saw of her hosting the MTV awards (I think? Or Teen Choice?) she was spot on.

rObit

Banned
If Craig wants out, fine. Otherwise, fuck this. Don't replace the one guy who has figured out that time slot and made it work for him.

Shaneus

Have you listened to his audiobook? Dude has enough lemons to last him three lifetimes. And a fuckload of lemonade.

Strongly recommend it.

You American's can't even pronounce Craig properly anyway.
Damn straight. Not much better than New Zealanders.

Nokagi

Unconfirmed Member
Well if the goal is to replace funny and talented with unfunny and untalented yea Chelsea Handler is the way to go.

You American's can't even pronounce Craig properly anyway.

I kinda don't get this cos you CAN say Craig properly in an American accent. I get that the name might just be pronounced differently over there, but I would've figured people would know to at pronounce Craig Ferguson's name right. I'm sure he doesn't mind though.

As for this news - I'm Scottish so I hold a little torch for his success on those grounds (because it also helps me keep my own dying dreams alive that i could one day have success), but I actually don't like his comedy very much. He's just a silly man, yeah, but it feels too practiced and safe to me, and on the other end, he seems a little bit prickly when he comes up against something he doesn't understand, and he can be very ingenuine at times. Wish him well though!

rtcn63

mimi.jpg

Mimi Bobeck. Make it happen.

kulapik

Well, he's getting a syndicated gameshow next season, so I'd understand it. I wouldn't approve it, but I'd understand it.

Might be the best for him, his talents are wasted on a talk show anyway.

Might actually be the best thing for both parties. He won a big contractual pay day getting passed over for Colbert and can now take his talents to a half-hour show. And CBS can sign somebody to potentially lift their poor ratings in the timeslot.

The low production costs of the current show is probably the only thing that would keep the status quo in check. Somebody like Handler will demand a higher salary.

18-Volt

No, not Chelsea Handler, she's the dumbest person ever been on tv.

KWEec.jpg

If they really want a female host, they should go with Maya Rudolph. She's pretty intelligent. Also she covers most of the ethnic minorities.

gabbo

CBS, if you were to drop Craig from the late night lineup, give us Bone Patrol with GP and the Fergs as a CSI-style buddy comedy.

y2dvd

The fact that Carson is ahead in the ratings makes me genuinely upset. Craig is such a great interviewer and deserves more views. No matter where he goes, I hope he continues to get guests on the show as I think most love being on his show.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom