• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Monolithsoft WiiU trailer - X (Takahashi x Tanaka x Sawano, Xenoblade x/multiplayer?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Khrno

There's green writing earlier on which seems to be a party member/another player, so I'm guessing this might be an objective marker, unless there are also other players who aren't in your party.

That looks like it's at the other side of the lake, even if there were an out of party player all the way over there, it makes no sense to have his name so big (compared to the player size at such distance) if it has nothing to do with your party/mission. So it's probably just a mission/place marker.

As someone earlier said, if this has something to do with that Massive Single Player Online Game that Nintendo trademarked before, meaning as in although you'll meet other people, you only share the world-space and join them if you want to, for random quests, boss fights.

Genre: MSORPG - might as well be.

dani_dc

This looks great, wish the graphics had more color (closed to Xenoblade) instead of looking so washed out of colors, but looks really good regardless.

Hope this time there's no automatic base attack, the gameplay on Xenoblade got pretty repetitive after awhile, but I still think that the system could be made interesting with a few improvements.

I made mention of how Xenoblade looked like PSO to some friends before (Makna Forest and Imperial City), and I'm amused that this looks even closer to PSO.

As far as potential multiplayer, I would be fine with it, Xenoblade was the kind of game that would had worked just fine with online multiplayer with friends playing as the extra characters, so if they have an optional co-op online for this game I will more than welcome it.

I think its pretty clear its some form of continuation of the world and or sequel to xenoblade really, the X they used as a title is the same X from the xenoblade title but with an extra brushstroke effect which to me at least implies Xenoblade 2 and seems like it would have been done intentionally.

The very first logical improvement on xenoblade outside of graphical stuff in my mind would be allowing coop, so I am happy they felt the same way.

Everyone calling this a MonHun clone obviously never played Xenoblade.

The way that trailer was set up...and Shulk's reveal at the end. Chills. I need to look more into Sawano's compositions. The music really added a lot to that trailer.

Allow me!

Sunset to Sunrise -Beautiful

Brave -Action Packed

Marks - the FINAL BATTLE

Aesthetic Your credits theme complete with Engrish. :D

This guy is simply awesome! If he is at his best with this game, I'm hoping more people around the world will like him too. He's been working on J-Dramas, live-action movies, and anime in Japan until now. I'm EXCITE!!!

Despera

Banned
I just realized, we can move the UI stuff to the gamepad and make the screen uncluttered with UI stuff...............
Actually, I think once you engage an enemy, the battle icons will automatically appear on TV. Choosing skills quickly would be much more efficient that way, rather than navigating between two screens constantly. And I think the UI items are reserved to the touchscreen outside of battle.

The touchscreen pad opens up possibilities for different UI combinations, which is awesome.

demidar

It's general chatter you expect in an online rpg generally. Nothing really interesting. People going "good evening~", "over here!", "that's huge!", and so on.

Yeah, seems like it from the image Seda posted. Damn I wish this multiplayer stuff was more clear because it's really eating me up.

Principate

Saint Titanfall
I don't see anything in the visuals that looks beyond the capabilities of a current-gen system.

The issue is frame rate, chances are if done on current gen the frame rate would be crap, looking at similar games. I'd be impressed if this game was 30fps and 720p.

dani_dc

I'm sadden that the composer of Xenoblade isn't returning though, I really enjoyed the game OST. Hopefully the new one delivers.

amekbv.gif

7NQTw.gif

AzVal

Dinosaurs !
Robots!
Guns!
Swords!
Transformers!

Who is the target audience? a 5 years old?

Whoever came up with it should be relegated of his position... and appointed as prime minister of the land of Videogames

dani_dc

The issue is frame rate, chances are if done on current gen the frame rate would be crap, looking at similar games. I'd be impressed if this game was 30fps and 720p.

Monolith did amazing things with Xenoblade on the Wii, basically no loadings, huge world with a pretty consistent framerate.
Unfortunately the game desperately needed some AA, hopefully this game will deliver on that font.
Regardless, I'm expecting good things from this game on a technically aspect.

kinggroin

Banned
Who cares whether or not 360/PS3 can or cant technically handle this game.

Does the Wii U being capable of handling Killer is Dead mean it'll get it? Nope.

Nope.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
That looks like it's at the other side of the lake, even if there were an out of party player all the way over there, it makes no sense to have his name so big (compared to the player size at such distance) if it has nothing to do with your party/mission. So it's probably just a mission/place marker.

As someone earlier said, if this has something to do with that Massive Single Player Online Game that Nintendo trademarked before, meaning as in although you'll meet other people, you only share the world-space and join them if you want to, for random quests, boss fights.

Genre: MSORPG - might as well be.

Isn't this supposed to be what Guild Wars does?

This is definitely the most exciting thing for me to come from the Nintendo Direct. That being said though this announcement trailer looks like they had 2 hours to throw together.

Nintendo panicking is good news

Ydahs

So what do people think of the graphcs tech-wise? Looks great, but is it beyond PS360 territory? I'm not sure.

Plus this looks way too much like Xenoblade 2 and I thougght it was supposed to be a new IP?

Well, for one thing, the game looks glorious:

QH9uoLF.png

The above screen, along with its scale and surprisingly smooth framerate, puts it high in the chain of what we've seen this gen, but it's hard to really compare since most of the best lookers don't have much in common in terms of design and environment. The trailer's a bit inconsistent in quality, but the game is still very early in development from the looks of it (the character's name is 'tester' after all). Once it's all said and done, I think most will be satisfied with what we've got.

One thing it does have going for it is the insane amount of foliage that was found in Xenoblade. That alone made Xenoblade look stunning.

XPE

OK boys and girl now for the really BIG question will it be Nintendo of Europe or Nintendo of America that do the translation?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
It looks like an MMO, unless they stated that it's a single player RPG with online elements (ala White Knight Chronicles).

2San

Monolith did amazing things with Xenoblade on the Wii, basically no loadings, huge world with a pretty consistent framerate.
Unfortunately the game desperately needed some AA, hopefully this game will deliver on that font.
Regardless, I'm expecting good things from this game on a technically aspect.
Nah framerate crapped out quite a bit in battles. Definitely impressive for the Wii however it did have framerate issue's.

ugoo18

I just realized, with the game looking as good as it does with its clear Xenoblade-scope, isn't that an achievement? Had any PS360 game done this as good looking?

Considering how bad Xenoblade on the Wii looked compared to other first party games on the Wii due to it's scale.

Xenoblade U looking that good already then damm whatever Retro and EAD are working on will look phenomenally good.

I. NEED. THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Music is so beautiful, graphics had me floored, and since it looks like Xenoblade's gameplay, it should be fun.

1stStrike

Banned
Considering how bad Xenoblade on the Wii looked compared to other first party games on the Wii due to it's scale.

Xenoblade U looking that good already then damm whatever Retro and EAD are working on will look phenomenally good.

I'm lucky in that I played Xenoblade via Dolphin instead of on my Wii. Made a huge difference in the visuals.

Syrinx

Bravo, Nintendo. Xenoblade is one of my favorite Wii games (I really should finish it one of these days). Box = checked.

This has probably been asked 2,493,291 times, but is there any word on a localization?

NateDrake

Xenoblade was awesome and this game looks great. I assume the game being shown in this NoA Direct means US release is for certain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom