• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final month to E3 2012: GAF's Predictions

1. Call of Duty will not be at Microsoft's presser, likely to be at Sony's showing off both the Vita game and Black Ops.

I definitely agree with this.

Seeing how dated Black Ops looks and what 343 is doing with Halo 4 (all on the proverbial 'eve' of the next gen systems), the timing seems right for them to start pushing Halo over COD at their conference(s).

Would be cool if they announced it for Wii U, would fit the launch window as well.

Definitely a possibility, could end up at both conferences. At Sony's showing off the Vita game and then the next day at Nintendo's to help show off the console game and online capabilities of the WiiU.

NHale

Since we already know 75% of what's going to be shown (except Nintendo) this is my "surprise" predictions:

Microsoft

GTA V gameplay demo with exclusive DLC announcement.
New Perfect Dark game.
Price cut.
Conference will end with Hideo Kojima announcing MGS5.
No Durango.

Sony

Gran Turismo 6 announced very vaguely. GT6 Prologue shown as a Vita exclusive and it will launch in 2013. Progress made in GT6 Prologue will carry on for GT6.
Killzone 4. An old rival will rise from the ashes...
GTA "unique experience" for the Vita.
NBA 2K13 PS3+Vita announcement. Cloud saves for Association between the 2 platforms + bundle will be available day 1 on the PSN Store with a $20 discount.
Gabe Newell will come on stage and announce Left 4 Dead Collection for the PS3. Reveal trailer for Left 4 Dead 3 with Early 2013 release date.

Nintendo

Eternal Darkness 2.
Lots of WiiU 3rd party live demos/trailers (Medal of Honor: Warfighter online, Darksiders 2, ACIII, etc.)
Battlefield 3 special edition will be announced (includes every DLC).
An action-adventure game from Retro.
3DS revision that includes a 2nd analog stick and better battery life.
Conference will end with Zelda WiiU being shown. No release date announced.

EA

Respawn new IP. The setting will be strangely similar to Black Ops II setting. No horses though.
Overstrike live demo featuring co-op mechanics similar to Resistance 2 co-op MP.
Dead Space 3.
New Need for Speed from Criterion. Open world game with some kind of persistent online component.

Sponge

Banned
Since we already know 75% of what's going to be shown (except Nintendo) this is my "surprise" predictions:

Microsoft

GTA V gameplay demo with exclusive DLC announcement.
New Perfect Dark game.
Price cut.
Conference will end with Hideo Kojima announcing MGS5.
No Durango.

Never in a million years, not after what Rare became two years ago.

Microsoft:
Will open with Black Ops 2.
Lots of Kinect demos.
New services on Live.
Halo 4.
Next gen tease.

Sony:
Will open with GoWA.
A reason to buy the Vita.
Stuff we already know about.
Two new exclusives.
Next gen tease.

Nintendo:
Wii/3DS brag facts and figures.
New Mario on 3DS.
Wii U info blowout.
At least one megaton Wii U exclusive.

Beth Cyra

You really think SE is going to do business like that?

No.

What I don't expect is to have it announce a 360 port this E3. Also I don't believe it will be done by the same team and ship day and date in Japan.

So I expect a FF XIII senario instead of a XIII-2 senario.

AAK

So I expect a FF XIII senario instead of a XIII-2 senario.

So you do expect it to launch in NA on 360 and PS3 simultaneously. Nvm then, I misread your post. But FFXIII multiplat announcement was at E3 (MS's press con), I expect the same for Versus.

Beth Cyra

So you do expect it to launch in NA on 360 and PS3 simultaneously. Nvm then, I misread your post. But FFXIII multiplat announcement was at E3 (MS's press con), I expect the same for Versus.

Yes, as I do think it will be on X360.

I just don't think they will announce it at this E3, that is why I said it will be there and still be exclusive. Either way Vs XIII likely won't be there and SE will focus on their western titles but still if it is, then I'm sticking by PS3 Only(for the event)

dacuk

Sony
- No Last Guardian yet
- Vita price lowered to $189
- PS-Three model (as cheaply made as PS-One and PS-Two models were) to be sold at $150 (Flash memory of 32GB) to compete with

MS
4GB X360 core model at $129
25 minutes of Halo / COD
25 minutes of Kinect crap
10 minutes of Live new services

Nintendo
- Ideaman secret identity revealed as Iwata, who has been playing with GAF to research the gamer reactions to WiiU
- WiiU renamed to Revolution
- Treasure brought as second party to Nintendo, in tandem with Konami so Contra, Castlevania and Gradius will have Revolutioned versions
- GC and DC games downloadable fron VC on eShop for Revolution
- Gabe Newell comes to stage and shows USteam for WiiU
- After Project X Zone, Sega asks Capcom permission to do Streets of Rage x Final Fight (done by Platinum)
- Factor 5 resurrects with a new Rogue Squadron
- Strider 3 exclusive for WiiU (done by ex-Clover Studios staff)
- Baten Kaitos: Lost Hopes and Dawn of the Spirits revealed.
- Wii U supporting 2 tablets with exclusive versions of Madden and Fifa.

This all depends on if MS or Sony has caught on to what Nintendo is trying to do with the Wii U, and thats going after their Core audience and 3rd party support. If so, I believe we will at least see one other next gen console announced, I don't care what MS or Sony has said recently about not showing a new console, things change all the time.

I cannot see MS and Sony letting Nintendo steal the show and have a big head start in the next gen console race.

I seriously believe that:

1.) Sony will announce the PS4.

2.) Microsoft will announce the Xbox 720.

3.) Nintendo will announce the release date of the Wii U.

I think all of the companies' denials up to this point are simply untrue and meant entirely to prevent speculation and reserve enthusiasm for the official unveilings at E3.

Swordy

I don't know about Sony or Nintendo, but I would also be very surprised if the Microsoft conference isn't pretty much the same as the last two years.

KAL2006

Banned
I will be able to watch all conferences live this year thanks to the holiday this year. I also realised the wait for conferences to start will be easier thanks to Diablo 3.

KAL2006

Banned
Sony
Gran Turismo Vita - this time has full career mode
Call of Duty Vita - cross play suppurt with PS3
Soul Sacrifice - Monster Hunter clone with a twist, plenty of online features
More on Killzone Vita
New IP by MediaMolecule for Vita
Assassins Creed Vita - shitty handheld spin off
New IP by Quantic Dreams for PS3
Last of Us gameplay
GoW:A gameplay
PS Battle Royale character reveals

Oooh E3 time again. Predictions for what they're worth... (I don't have a clue for Nintendo though)

Microsoft Event -

- Opens with a Black ops 2 demo and the usual exclusive content message at the end.
- Don Mattrick will talk sales and stuff.
- Trailer for GTA V - exclusive content on 360.
- Demo for Halo 4 - multiplayer.
- Demo for Resident Evil 6.
- Demo for Metal Gear Rising. Kojima takes stage to announce MGS5 on xbox 360 coming 2013.
- Multimedia partnership talk.
- Stuff with expanding the dash further - kinect and avatar intergration. Trying to get things even more streamlined. A few cool new tech advances through kinect will no doubt pop up.
- Family Kinect game demoed - releasing for the holidays (probobly partnership with a big company such as Disney)
- Ryse demoed for kinect, releasing holiday 2012
- Don Mattrick closes the show with Unreal Engine 4 demo running on Durango.

Sony Event -

- Open conference with sizzle reel / recap on sales / games and vita launch as always
- Live singleplayer demo of The Last of Us / release date announced (Holiday 2012)
- Live multiplayer demo of Playstation Allstars Battle Royale / release date announced (October 2012)
- Trailer for God of War Asension (singleplayer) / spring 2013 release
- Trailer for Final Fantasy Versus XIII / spring 2013 release
- Trailer for The Last Guardian with vague 2013 release to close
- 1 previously unannounced exclusive for PS3 (Quantic Dream game most likely)

- Vita section will begin with trailer for Call of Duty Vita (November 2012)
- Show off new vita features such as direct PS3 streaming to vita for games / ps1 & 2 classics / further multimedia functionality (love film / netflix)
- A handful of innovative new vita games shown off with really neat tech, not big releases but rather games that are designed specifically for the platform and look pretty revolutionary design wise
- Trailer for Killzone Vita - Holiday 2012
- Kingdom Hearts HD collection announced for PS3 / Vita
- Kingdom Hearts game announced exclusively for Vita
- GTA V coming to Vita

Show will end with a PS4 tease. Maybe a brief tech demo for Uncharted 4 or just the logo itself with E3 2013 following. Just enough to tide over fans and give Nintendo a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I seriously believe that:

1.) Sony will announce the PS4.

2.) Microsoft will announce the Xbox 720.

3.) Nintendo will announce the release date of the Wii U.

I think all of the companies' denials up to this point are simply untrue and meant entirely to prevent speculation and reserve enthusiasm for the official unveilings at E3.

Agreed, although I don't think they'll do anymore than announce them, just to take something away from Nintendo as that's how this business is. We may be lucky and get tech demo trailers though. Then again there is also a possibility nothing will get shown, but as usual with E3 I won't learn from past years and I'm staying positive and hopeful.

sublimit

Banned
I'm sure Don Mattrick and Wada will announce FFVersusXIII for the 360 and then they will show a brand new trailer.

I-hate-u

Hey gaf what do u think of this:

Come join PlayStation as we give the largest show in entertainment a triple shot of excitement. Be one of the first to witness the launch of more than 20 new gaming experiences. Meet up with developers one-on-one. Then check out the new lineup firsthand and keep on playing as long as you can.

http://www.sceainvites.com/show.php

2. Microsoft will announce that Xbox Live will be the video game home of the Olympics*, showing a bunch of live content.

Hah! I can absolutely imagine them doing something stupid like this.

"So, I bet you're wondering what 360 has to offer this year... exciting games? New hardware? Nope, it's the ridiculously expensive sports event that's costing England billions to essentially brag about it's penis size to foreigners! Won't that be fun to watch?!"

Nintendo
Still no western support for 3DS
Wii U will get lots of games
Wii U graphics and online will not be on par with [suggeste] next gen specs
Meltdowns, trolling, banning, over Wii U

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Mr. Caffeine hosts every show.

ALL OF THEM.

image.php

I want to see the next gen goodies.

Nintendo wiiU's pikmin3 will sell me on the console (begrudgingly). Graphics will be on par with ps3/x360 = the U in wiiU = underwhelmington

MS - I wonder if they'll show kinect stuff this year. Nothing they have to show imo; unless they show 720.

Sony - who the fuck knows. But they did say they'll focus on games so I expect some cool surprises. Last of Us gameplay is probably the highlight. and that smash game. If Last Guardian shows up... Lol. it wont

M.D

to further fan the flames, sony invites are saying 20+ "new game experiences" will be launched at E3

http://www.sceainvites.com/show.php

Sweet Tooth carrying a Vita? Yes please Mr Jaffe.

Jafffe is no longer with Eat Sleep Play and has nothing to do with Twisted Metal, and ESP are reportedly moving to iOS games

I don't think Sweet Tooth holding a Vita means anything. The last Twisted Metal was basically fan service, and I don't think Sony ever had any grand plans for a comeback of the franchise.

I gotta say prior to this month I wasn't feeling the E3 hype at all, but with the recent announcements it really got me.... I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

VariantX04

Loser slave of the system :(
Jafffe is no longer with Eat Sleep Play and has nothing to do with Twisted Metal, and ESP are reportedly moving to iOS games

I don't think Sweet Tooth holding a Vita means anything. The last Twisted Metal was basically fan service, and I don't think Sony ever had any grand plans for a comeback of the franchise.

I gotta say prior to this month I wasn't feeling the E3 hype at all, but with the recent announcements it really got me.... I CANNOT FUCKING WAIT

Jaffe did reply to one of my tweets saying he's working on something "similar" to Twisted Metal. I WANT TO BELIEVE!

Top Bottom