• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Best Band of Brothers episode?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started binge watching again this weekend and I forgot how well written each episode was and how each one had some sort of theme to it. For me the best episode was the third one (Carentan) which had the theme of being scared in battle and eventually overcoming your fears to help with a greater cause. I thought they told that story very well,

What are some of your favorite episodes in this miniseries, GAF?

Also if you haven't watched it, you should ASAP.

Weckum

'Why we fight', hands down. That shit will wreck you.

232563Sanstitre.jpg

All of them are great tho, especially Day of Days and Bastogne, which weirdly enough always gets me in a Christmassy mood.

demon

I don't mean to alarm you but you have dogs on your face
It's been roughly 3 years since I've seen the show. The episode that takes during the battle of the bulge (if I remember right)...in the forest during winter...was the most memorable for me.

-Amon-

It's difficult to pick a single episode from a series like Band of Brothers.

They all shine for different motives.

For me it's Crossroads.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Bastogne.

I marathoned BoB just this week (third viewing) and it's still Bastogne.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Bastogne, for sure.

Also did a rewatch a few months back and to my surprise, Jimmy Fallon was actually in the episode prior to that.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I think Day of Days.

Really liked the portion of the episode where everyone is lost, and small packets of men find each other and group up. Could almost have a whole episode of that.

Moppeh

Banned
Why We Fight is my favorite episode. Nixon was my favorite character, so I enjoy seeing an episode from his perspective. And of course, them finding a concentration camp was fucking incredible to witness.

neonglow

I always like the episode where one of the soldiers was helping the nurses at the hospital ward. I don't know what that episode was called.

Trouble

Banned
I don't remember the episode names, but the one with the nurse.

They're all amazing but the one with the medic is my favorite.

came here to say this

I always like the episode where one of the soldiers was helping the nurses at the hospital ward. I don't know what that episode was called.

Bastogne

E: Would a mod hurry and make a poll so I can vote for Thor 2? thx

Klocker

Can't remember the name but the one where Spears has to take over for that shitty lieutenant and runs through the Germans to meet up with the other company. And then tells Sarge, in the church that he was the one the men all counted on.

Can't remember the name but the one where Spears has to take over for that shitty lieutenant and runs through the Germans to meet up with the other company. And then tells Sarge, in the church that he was the one the men all counted on.

Breaking Point. That whole bit from Winters almost running onto the field, then cutting off the Colonel to bring Speirs up and watching him do his stuff is so good.

'Why we fight', hands down. That shit will wreck you.

232563Sanstitre.jpg

All of them are great tho, especially Day of Days and Bastogne, which weirdly enough always gets me in a Christmassy mood.

Gotta agree, that episode is haunting. The beginning where they find something in the woods and then run like hell to inform the officers. Man imagine discovering that shit? Must have been horrifying.

I really love the last episode too, after following and becoming close to all the characters the part where they tell what they did afterwards in their life just brings tears to my eyes.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Crossroads.

Winters episode based on an amazing, true encounter.

Klocker

Breaking Point. That whole bit from Winters almost running onto the field, then cutting off the Colonel to bring Speirs up and watching him do his stuff is so good.

Thanks

Yea, Amazing episode. I loved every one (except maybe the last patrol ) but Breaking Point is still the most rewarding on subsequent viewings. When winters cuts him off and yells for him and Speirs runs out... Chills.

Brakke

Banned
Show has zero low points so it's really a best-of-the-best situation but put me in with the Bastogne crowd.

Also did a rewatch a few months back and to my surprise, Jimmy Fallon was actually in the episode prior to that.

Yo this show is a murderer's row tho. Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy. Every man who made it in Hollywood in the last decade was on screen in Band of Brothers.

MMarston

Was getting caught part of your plan?
Show has zero low points so it's really a best-of-the-best situation but put me in with the Bastogne crowd.

Yo this show is a murderer's row tho. Tom Hardy, Michael Fassbender, James McAvoy. Every man who made it in Hollywood in the last decade was on screen in Band of Brothers.

Shit, even the guy playing Moriarty in Sherlock was in it.

the_id

All the episodes are amazing and stand on their own. It's down to how each of them Impacted on you.

For me, the two most impactful were:

Episode 9: Why we fight
Them discovering the Jewish concentration camp and the impact it had on them.

Episode 10: Points

The last scenes where they showed the names of who the elderly soldiers were got me emotional. Especially seeing Dick Winters, now old.

Then this quote by hi made me tear up:
“I treasure my remark to a grandson who asked, "Grandpa, were you a hero in the war?" "No", I answered, "But I served in a company of heroes".”
― Dick Winters

Acidote

Bastogne.

Followed by The Breaking Point. That Speirs scene lol.

I like Crossroads too.

This is cherrypicking. I haven't rewatched it this year yet. It is time.

Every single episode.

The acting, cinematography, casting, writing, oh God the music, I mean, the whole lot was absolutely on point.

Last episode where they are playing Baseball made me weep like nothing else.

Gnome

I watched Bastogne for the first time when it was snowing outside. That episode was legit stressful to sit through.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom