• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided |OT| We Asked For This

Kalentan

Man so hyped! Really want to run a stealth pacifist run. Although by pacifist I still mean knocking people out. Just no killing.

Although the fact that this comes out at 3 AM EST. Just... SMH... Bad studio. Bad.

Man so hyped! Really want to run a stealth pacifist run. Although by pacifist I still mean knocking people out. Just no killing.

Although the fact that this comes out at 3 AM EST. Just... SMH... Bad studio. Bad.

I think it comes out at 11am est (at least according to steam)

Simo

To be fair it's likely Square Enix doing this fuckery with the unlock times for all versions than Eidos Montreal.

I'm also a bit miffed that Square Enix keep dodging my question about the bonus content for digital owners especially because of their obtuse system for redeeming it.

I think gas is the least useful of all stealth ones because there aren't that many gas traps, beside all can be avoided if you have other augs like high jump, cloak, strength, hacking and Icarus dash. The first three being the most important.

I think remote hacking becomes useless when you have a silenced 10mm with emp bullets. It does the same thing, only much faster and easier. You can't really hack doors or computers with remote hacking.

That's true. So don't focus on gas. I use remote hacking for cameras and bots. Never used the 10mm^^...I slap everyone in the face. Oh, electric shocks are great, too. :D

nOoblet16

To be fair it's likely Square Enix doing this fuckery with the unlock times for all versions than Eidos Montreal.

I'm also a bit miffed that Square Enix keep dodging my question about the bonus content for digital owners especially because of their obtuse system for redeeming it.
You register the game on squares website with the code the game comes with, link your psn/xbl account...they send you the psn/xbl code via email. I got mine today.

If you're looking for something to do while waiting for release, I definitely recommend these two vids:

Warren Spector, Sheldon Pacotti, and Chris Norden playing Deus Ex 1 Together, for about an hour: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTVBSxnwiCo

Jean-François Dugas and Jonathan Jacques-Belletête playing Human Revolution together for about 45 minutes: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iae1CgkSpng

A lot of really fascinating insights into the development of both games.

Lakitu

st5fu
Uh, I mistakenly
disabled an augment
that I might have wanted to use in the future. Is there no way for me to go back on in that in the future?

nOoblet16

That's true. So don't focus on gas. I use remote hacking for cameras and bots. Never used the 10mm^^...I slap everyone in the face. Oh, electric shocks are great, too. :D
I meant 10mm with emp bullets to take out cameras and bots temporarily. They get taken out for the same time as remote hacking but it's much faster with the pistol and completely silent.

nOoblet16

Uh, I mistakenly
disabled an augment
that I might have wanted to use in the future. Is there no way for me to go back on in that in the future?
Yes...and there's a surprise
Kohller said that he will contact you when he is ready to install that upgrade right ? Why not ignore the game and try to pop by his lab right now actually? ;)

Glass

Bikeman on Twitch has just started his playthough, he just said he booted it up a few days ago and ended up spending 9 hours on it, said the game is like crack.

nOoblet16

Interesting. Do you get enough emp bullets? I might do this on my second playthrough.
A boat load of them.
Even after throwing tons of them I had about 40-50 of them. You can also equip machine pistols with emp bullets and suppressors...you get tons of bullets for those as well.

They also work on augmented enemies ;)

A boat load of them.
Even after throwing tons of them I had about 40-50 of them. You can also equip machine pistols with emp bullets and suppressors...you get tons of bullets for those as well.

They also work on augmented enemies ;)

Nice. I will definitely try this on my second playthrough.

Btw (side quest spoiler):
Does the murder quest ende after I didn't blame anyone
? And how many main mission are there? I want to do every side quest first.

Edit2: And how the fuck do you get into the
Church?
, lol

Lima

What bonus content are we talking about here?

nOoblet16

Nice. I will definitely try this on my second playthrough.

Btw (side quest spoiler):
Does the murder quest ende after I didn't blame anyone
? And how many main mission are there? I want to do every side quest first.
Nope it doesn't. The final missions are 17 & 18, choice mission where you can Deus Ex it and do your own thing. But mission 16 is the last one you can do before side quests go away for good...you'll know when you see it.

What church? Is this another side mission I missed apart from the neon mission? Lol

Edit: Oh you mean the church of machine God? Well I just used cloak and high jump to get through and use Tesla charge to knock multiple enemies in tough spots.

Nags

Banned
This game is my GotY.

I've played 32 hours so far (Xbox One) and haven't finished all sidequests and/ or the story missions. It's amazing. Much better than Human Revolution. The hub world is fantastic. This is the best hub-world-rpg since Vampire Bloodlines, imo. The atmosphere, the immersion, the amazing sidequests, the possibilities....fucking great.

Please, don't rush this game. Take your time and explore everything. You're gonna miss a lot of content and missions if you want to do the story missions first.

Game of the year.

Edit: I really like the main story so far. I can't say anything about the ending of course.

Load times? Frame rate? Resolution?
Trying to decide between XBOX ONE and PC.

nOoblet16

In regards to Augmentations:

If I disable one to bring down the stability, can I re-enable it, or is that it? Gone for good?
It's gone for good for now, remember that thing Koller asked you to get from Dvali? He asked you to wait until he is ready to install right? Why not ignore he game and pop by his lab now and see what happens ? ;)

pringles

Intro movie sound is badly out of sync.. very annoying. May just be because the game isn't fully installed yet (X1).

Btw which control scheme are you guys using? Settled on standard, but not sure if it's the best.

It's gone for good for now, remember that thing Koller asked you to get from Dvali? He asked you to wait until he is ready to install right? Why not ignore he game and pop by his lab now and see what happens ? ;)

What dya mean pop by his lab? After I have the item from Dvali?

nOoblet16

My favourite OSTs are the ambient theme that plays when you are in streets of Prague at the start of the game and the music in a certain section in Golem City.

Nope it doesn't. The final missions are 17 & 18, choice mission where you can Deus Ex it and do your own thing. But mission 16 is the last one you can do before side quests go away for good...you'll know when you see it.

What church? Is this another side mission I missed apart from the neon mission? Lol

Edit: Oh you mean the church of machine God? Well I just used cloak and high jump to get through and use Tesla charge to knock multiple enemies in tough spots.

Thanks a lot.

Yeah, that church^^ Did you jump over the fence? Where? Lol, I tried it several times. There's a door in front of the "church" where you have to use a keycard to get in.

nOoblet16

What dya mean pop by his lab? After I have the item from Dvali?
Yep

Thanks a lot.

Yeah, that church^^ Did you jump over the fence? Where? Lol, I tried it several times. There's a door in front of the "church" where you have to use a keycard to get in.
If I remember it right the ground floor is unrestricted area, I went to the back and made my way up from there.

Simo

Not sure if it's because its the PC version but I never noticed that nice touch in JackFrag's video on the Tranq rifle where you can still see the image in the scope when you're not aiming.

Nags

Banned
So, does the whole game take place in Prague? Watching some streams and it doesn't look very cyberpunk.

nOoblet16

Not sure if it's because its the PC version but I never noticed that nice touch in JackFrag's video on the Tranq rifle where you can still see the image in the scope when you're not aiming.
Probably PC exclusive feature...I never saw any.
Dontnunderstand why they'd eliminate it though, it's just a cube map and not a big effect really since even games from PS2 era had it eventhough they were not accurate. Though some games last gen had accurate view of what was in the scope.

Load times? Frame rate? Resolution?
Trying to decide between XBOX ONE and PC.

Resolution....I have no idea, sorry. It looks very good aside from some character models and outdated animations. The frame rate is...well....a mixed bag. It runs fine but there is some stuttering while roaming the hub world (probably loading issues). It's very noticeable but it doesn't affect the gameplay at all because it doesn't happen when you're on a mission.

Edit: Load times are long...unfortunately

Tovarisc

Not surprised if PC exclusive feature, expensive to render after all hence very rare sight in modern games. Last game with such proper scopes that I remember is Red Orchestra 2.

Edit: Or is there cheap ways to pull it off now days?

Top Bottom