• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DDR for PS3 - Announced - Launch Party 12/08/2010

Does anyone know what kind of dance pad will they have? I'm not the one that will buy the $299 pad. but im okay with $120 bundle if the material is fat people friendly ;3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yyUSu9rf5IY

Community Event Trailer...

SOOO. who's going to the Launch Party and dance with Snake?

EDIT: PR

KONAMI ANNOUNCES DANCEDANCEREVOLUTION WILL BE AVAILABLE ON THE PLAYSTATION 3 FOR THE FIRST TIME
Posted on: Aug 12 2010

Best-Selling Rhythm Based Game Features the PlayStation Move, Challenging New Modes, All-New Tracks, Augmented Reality, and More!

Announcement is the latest in An Action-Packed Year for the Get-Up-and-Move Video Game Franchise

KONAMI announced today that DanceDanceRevolution will be hitting the PlayStation®3 computer entertainment system for the very first time! The latest release for the best-selling franchise combines the physically engaging, innovative and easy-to-pick-up-and-play mechanics of all DanceDanceRevolution releases with all-new features that maximize the technological capabilities of the PS3 to its fullest. New additions include the PlayStation®Move motion-control compatibility, all-new game modes, increased difficulty level, improved graphics and recording features.

In DanceDanceRevolution for PS3, players will find the game offers much more than following the arrows with their feet. In this iteration of DanceDanceRevolution, players will use both their hands and feet simultaneously, via PlayStation Move and controller mat, providing the most rhythmic and realistic dancing yet! This feature makes for a truly interactive dance experience Additionally, compatibility with the PlayStation® EYE allows the player and their dance to appear on-screen. Players can bring their creativity to full potential by uploading the recorded dance video online and throughout social media networks. The recorded video can be uploaded on YouTube and Facebook through the Video Editor & Uploader of the PlayStation®3 to share with their friends and other DanceDanceRevolution fans.

Never short on a wide variety of great tunes, DanceDanceRevolution for the PS3 comes packaged with more than 30 all-new original songs by Konami's original artists and licensed tracks from some of today's hottest musicians. The music never has to stop, becase now players can download new songs and add them through the PlayStation®Network. The game offers two all-new gameplay modes - Dance Off and Club Mode. The Dance Off Mode is similar to a dance battle between players where they take turns to play. The player who was able to step and dance more accurately will gain more points and will be the winner. The Club Mode is geared more toward hardcore DanceDanceRevolution fans where the player can play songs consecutively. The difficulty level varies depending on how well the player is dancing and several different gimmicks appear as wel. Players can dance from 4 to 20 songs consecutively in this mode. If the player changes the options to non-stop, they can keep dancing until their gauge is empty! The game also features a high-difficulty level - the Challenge Level - for the experienced player where there are not only just up, down, right and left arrows but with 4 diagonal arrows as well making it the ultimate challenge!

DanceDanceRevolution for the PS3 will bring owners of this console the same fitness benefits that PlayStation®2 owners and other consoles have all enjoyed. The original get-up-and-move video game, DanceDanceRevolution has become known worldwide for its effectiveness as a fitness and weight loss tool. Like its predecessors, the PS3 version come with a user-friendly "Workout Mode" that allows players to easily manage their personal information and watch their calories melt away on a calorie display located at the results screen.

The release of the first-ever PS3 version in franchise history is just one more milestone in an action packed year for DanceDanceRevolution. The game has been recognized for its get-up-and-move fitness impact by a host of organizations including the state of West Virginia, who has used DanceDanceRevolution throughout all their public schools, culminating in the 2010 DanceDanceRevolution West Virginia State Championship Tournament. Brought together with the help of the West Virginia Children Health Insurance Program and Sony Computer Entertainment America, DanceDanceRevolution continues to be used throughout the state as a tool to combat childhood obesity in a fun, engaging, and successful format, KONAMI has also brought its best-selling get-up-and-move video game to the biggest state in the union as part of Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger's award-winning program - 2010 California Governor's Fitness Challenge.

DanceDanceRevolution for PS3 is scheduled for release this fall. For more information, please visit our product page at www.konami.com/ddr

androvsky

PS Blog post is up.

One quote I found a bit odd:
The best thing about bringing DanceDanceRevolution to the PS3 is that we can use the AWESOME PlayStation MOVE motion controller. This awesome new peripheral allows us to bring some really cool new aesthetics and challenges to the game. We took out the avatars to allow the camera and the MOVE controller to put the focus on the player.

I'm assuming the avatars are still in the regular modes, just not with Move enabled? I was happy to read the eight-arrow version is just an extra hard mode, it's normal otherwise.

JEKKI

real talk, I'm an OG DDR champion!!

I had my name & picture in Tips n Tricks magazine once for winning a freestyle tournament at southern hills golfland!

I have my RSVP ticket but I doubt I'll be going tonite lol

RedSwirl

I think this game is actually going to be multiplatform. That's if this is the exactly same game Konami announced at E3 2009 and then totally forgot about.

Don't know if anyone remembers, but there's been a DDR game with EyeToy support on the PS2 already. I do remember because, well, I have it. ;) I think we can expect something similar, with all the regular DDR stuff in there, but options to play in different modes that support PS Eye and the Move controller.

I'm personally very excited about DDR using the Move, or maybe rather, cautiously optimistic, because I'm hoping they'll do something with it that involves hitting perfects and greats, and not just your average sure, you were within half a second so that's good enough kind of thing that most Western music games seem to be happy with. It may be much harder with something like the Move controller though, but I sure hope they pull it off.

Also, I definitely wouldn't mind some modes that I can play with just one or two Move controllers, so I don't have to pull out the mat all the time. I think I still own one (a good one, hard, metal) but will probably need an adapter for it.

Mudkips

Banned
Who the FUCK made that picture?
It fucking offends me.

DO NOT USE JPEG FOR SHIT WITH SOLID REDS/GREENS.
Jpeg fucking barfs to shit on solid reds and greens.
LOOK AT THAT MAGENTA.

Oh hey, I remember DDR.

Feep

Banned
I just got back from this.

Naoki Maeda makes me sad. When I looked at his face when he was DJing, I knew, in the bottom of my heart, that I would never be that happy. Ever. The sheer ESSENCE of insane, unhindered joy on his face was almost unbearable.

Plus they gave out free stuff, it was pretty cool.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SolidusDave said:
qlgvz.jpg
I don't want Trophies, I want a substance like mission pack. The game may be subpar, but the engine was great.

Igo

I hope this means new mats. I've been looking for one of those foam padded ones but they're nonexistent in the UK and it's ridiculously expensive to ship from the US.

Now that RedOctane is defunct where are they gonna come from anyway?

androvsky

gofreak said:
Here's a bit of video from the launch showing some people playing:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SHzBMfd2kF8

Not sure how the eyetoy versions worked, I guess it was similar with the video feed of the player(s) and all that?

edit - and another vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L2Ydk3_vPSQ

Looks about the same, but with more targets to hit. It's tough to find a good video, but this should at least give you an idea how the eyetoy version worked back in 2004 (contains shirtless skinny dude, don't know if anyone cares, but consider it fair warning): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38yuwHlr-hU

Of all the versions of DDR for Konami to completely forget about, it would be Extreme. :lol

The only reason the Konami has 'finally' decided to give the PS3 a DDR game is because they're done offering it exclusively to MS since they both have a newer, more innovative game coming up (Dance Masters). This looks like a second-rate attempt at a cash-grab with Move shoehorned in.

And you guys are excited? You can fool the public Konami, but you can't fool me.

MrDenny

Adam Blade said:
The only reason the Konami has 'finally' decided to give the PS3 a DDR game is because they're done offering it exclusively to MS since they both have a newer, more innovative game coming up (Dance Masters). This looks like a second-rate attempt at a cash-grab with Move shoehorned in.

And you guys are excited? You can fool the public Konami, but you can't fool me.
Are you serious. Have you even played a DDR game before?

Top Bottom