• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tron Legacy screening for one day in Los Angeles with a Q&A featuring Joseph Kosinski

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

https://ohmy.disney.com/news/2017/02/13/see-tron-legacy-in-imax/

In Los Angeles on March 2 at 7pm TRON: Legacy will screen at IMAX for the first time in laser projection and in 3D! (Back in 2010, when Legacy was first in theaters, laser projection was still in development.) Following the screening there will be an extended Q&A with director Joseph Kosinski where according to moderator Steve Weintraub “will go in depth about the making of the film, the amazing Daft Punk soundtrack, and so much more.”

Interested in going? You’ll need to click this link to enter for tickets. Collider and IMAX be accepting requests until February 24th. They’ll then reach out to people that won with exact details about the screening.

tron_legacy_g_159zyl5.jpg

This coupled with the earlier news of Tron 3 might still be happening, and the constant PR on the Twitter and Facebook pages. I think we'll be seeing something Tron related in the future.
Considering the Tron Legacy announcement was made at comic con all those years back, I could see maybe Disney using this to announce the next film. Would be a nice touch for such a dedicated fanbase.

Charcoal

Why must you hurt me in this way.

The 3 people from gaf who enter to see this hurts my chances even more.

Tron 3. Believe.

The opening chase in this movie made me want to learn to ride a motorcycle. 7 years later and I still haven't gotten tired of riding. Hopefully I get tickets for this. Thanks for the link.

Razorback

Wish I could be there. This movie is a goddamn audiovisual masterpiece. It's taking a little while for people to catch up to that fact, but there will come a day where the genius of it will no longer be put into question.

daxy

I thoroughly enjoyed this movie, despite some of its flaws. The 3D was out of this world at times. Unfortunately this doesn't translate well on a regular screen. Really hope we'll get a third one with Olivia Wilde and Garett Hedlund.

Also: that scene in the club when Flynn arrives. SO GOOD.

Jawmuncher

The fact that they're going out of their way with IMAX and laser projection 3D for the first time. Along with the director being there, really adds some weight that this is more than just a simple re-release. At minimum I expect there to be some sort of plan or stunt to "Bring Tron Back". Like after this screening there will be more across the US and if it does well re-screening it'll get us Tron 3. That's if they're not just going to go ahead and announce it after this.

Aaron

Is there a version of this movie with just the soundtrack? Because the terrible dialogue and plot just ruins things for me.

rec0ded1

I was just bumming out a few days ago how I'd never experience it in theaters again it was so awesome. Even a fathom event probably won't be in imax 3d.

Wait hold on....

Daft Punk out of nowhere made a pop up shop just for fun

Now they are randomly showing Tron Legacy in IMAX?

TRON 3 BABY LETS GO DAFT PUNK!!

LewieP

Flynn lives.

I do love legacy. It needed to have most of the dialogue and exposition edited out, but it was an audio/visual treat, and did a pretty good job of following on from the original movie.

I'd be entirely onboard for a new one.

Pizza

Legacy was an alright sequel to Tron. I loved it when it released but I sort of hate how it's entirely about Flynn's very personal legacy and subsequent problems instead of "what would the 13 sectors of the digital world look like today with computers and the internet and technology the way it is"

Like legacy purposefully only mentioned the internet like once and idk. If you didn't think too hard about the plot it's an audiovisual spectacle that's pretty sweet, but I still like the aesthetic of the first film instead of the dystopian gritty look of the second. Also it took place on Flynn's disconnected personal server world instead of the greater digital space which isn't the coolest possible thing

Still love both movies tho. Hella jealous of those at the screening and I'm hoping they announce a third, even if it's a digital army invading earth or something dumb

Windam

Scaley member
Stop playing with my heart. Give me TR3N or leave Tron and The Grid to be forever stuck as a world in Kingdom Hearts.

NMFried

FLYNN LIVES! FLYNN LIVES! FLYNN LIVES!

No lie, Tron: Legacy is my favorite movie of all time. Visually spectacular, unbelievably immersive and the only film I will ever watch in 3D (should the option present itself again).

Oh, and the GOAT soundtrack. Daft Punk, my boys. Yeah, the writing could have been better, but holy crap if that world doesn't beg for more.

End of line.

Is there a version of this movie with just the soundtrack? Because the terrible dialogue and plot just ruins things for me.

This so much. The original had better dialogue than Legacy. It really showed how much worse movies have gotten in a certain sense. Give em spectacle and try to fix the rest in post-production.

black_13

Banned
Wish I could attend it! I'm sure it looks even more amazing!

Really need another TRON movie and Daft Punk back to do the soundtrack.

oneida

Cock Strain, Lifetime Warranty
why did the bad guy try to kill the main character if his goal was to use him to lure the big Lebowski out

like what if the main character died before making contact with the big Lebowski

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Amazing soundtrack and visuals.

Movie is boring basura tho.

Yup. I'd still probably see it in IMAX laser projection just to see the visuals and hear the soundtrack at that quality level, though.

If Tron 3 happens I hope they don't chicken out on the concept this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom