• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT2| - Thread of Athletes, Fighters, Personalities, and Sports Entertainment

Panzon

Just caught up with everything that went down regarding Diaz and heres my take:
- The guy is a complete moron and asshole. Not only did he blow the best opportunity of his life, but he tarnished his legacy and let down his fans big time
- I dont buy the Social Anxiety BS hes just crazy all together
- i dont think he ducked GSP, he just went full retard
- Cesar Gracie did the right thing by calling Dana and saying what he said
- Carlos Condit is a bigger threat anyway and deserves this title shot more than anyone
- I wonder who BJ is gonna fight now. Alves, Fitch 2, Rory McDonald? It's gonna be interesting either way. *Prays its not Fitch*

Anyway Im very pumped for the Lesnar vs Overeem fight as well. Much props to Brock for taking this fight as his comeback fight when he could've fought any other mid tier HW

Panzon

sazabirules said:
Rory is already fighting Ebersole.
Yea but thats in December so who knows maybe they pull him for this? I dont know but besides Alves or Fitch I cant think of anyone else for BJ. Kampman is already fighting Story so nope I have no clue

alr1ghtstart said:
k72qH.jpg

Look at how pissed GSP is. He probably wanted to fuck him up.

Heel

parrotbeak said:
Oh ya, they can still do the Champ vs Champ thing. Condit just has to dig up his WEC belt.

What's crazy is GSP is already the linear WEC champion.

Condit to Kampmann to Daley to Koscheck to GSP.

TheNatural

My Member!
Time for Leonard Garcia to troll some Asians again:

Well, this fight has certainly changed from what it originally was. Josh Grispi was going to face Matt Grice at UFC 136. Grispi got hurt, so in stepped Nam Phan. Now Grice is out with an injury, and Leonard Garcia stepped up to face Phan in a rematch of their highly controversial fight at The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/

thirty

Banned
why can't bj fight Gilbert? its due to his strikeforce contract why not cross promote the event with strikeforce? problem solved.

TheNatural said:
Time for Leonard Garcia to troll some Asians again:

Well, this fight has certainly changed from what it originally was. Josh Grispi was going to face Matt Grice at UFC 136. Grispi got hurt, so in stepped Nam Phan. Now Grice is out with an injury, and Leonard Garcia stepped up to face Phan in a rematch of their highly controversial fight at The Ultimate Fighter 12 Finale.

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/

You're late.

Donthizz#

Rafa=FedKilla said:
They even got him three bottles of water and a special energy drink and he still didn't show, how rude.

GSP is going to lose lot more money now, GSP vs Diaz would have done more than $1mil ppv buys, condit fight is not coming near that...

Zeliard

Panzon said:
Yea but thats in December so who knows maybe they pull him for this? I dont know but besides Alves or Fitch I cant think of anyone else for BJ. Kampman is already fighting Story so nope I have no clue

Alves is already fighting at UFC 138 and he just lost to Story, so it would be weird to give him a title eliminator fight. Koscheck is fighting at 135 in a couple weeks, and he already replaced Sanchez, so I dunno if they want to mess with the Hughes fight anymore. There's nobody for BJ at WW at this point who is free other than Fitch; even most WW fighters who would be a clear step down for BJ are booked or injured.

Still, Dana says he has something "crazy" planned for the BJ fight and anything other than sticking Fitch in there would qualify, so remains to be seen. Catchweight or lightweight, maybe.

Zeliard

Diaz is trying to pull the Iverson "we're talking bout practice?!" routine but he is just hilariously ineloquent

I guess Nick Diaz couldn't bring himself to leave the wonderful world of meth labs, teenage pregnancies and neck tattoos known as the "209"

parasight

Now that it's confirmed Nick's safe and alive... Fuck him. That video is just so sad. You can hear it in his voice, he was afraid.

dream

I'm not sure Dana should have told the press that Condit was reduced to a bawling mess who needed to take 15 minutes to compose himself just because he was offered a title shot.

dem

I didn't think Diaz stood a chance against GSP... but i really wanted to see the in ring shit talk.

Please put Nick Diaz back on the card against BJ

Boogie

Although Matthew Roth just reported this on BE:

"There are a lot of issues with his “entourage” right now. They legitimately told him to let the presser come to him. He’s not mentally healthy and combining it with shitty people around him really screwed his chances"

Diaz had people telling him not to go to the presser? Idiots.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
thirty said:
media promotion = hype = ppv buys = $$$

Nick, is that too hard to understand?

to be fair, he just generated a shitload of press for this event. It was trending all day long.

Top Bottom