• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

graywolf323

Gold Member
Truespeed said:
I'm surprised by the lack of Call of Duty packs in everyone's list. You must have bought them in a previous sale.

I already own CoD4 and W@W but since the War Chest isn't discounted I'm not buying 1 & 2 :lol

My haul for this sale:
Trine
Gothic Pack
Flotilla
Red Orchestra
Thief
Ghost Master
The Introversion Pack
Chrome Pack

For a total of $22. I said wow.

Truespeed

graywolf323 said:
I already own CoD4 and W@W but since the War Chest isn't discounted I'm not buying 1 & 2 :lol

It was an easy choice for me - I bought COD WAW for the PS3 for $19 a couple of days before the Steam sale. Since I prefer playing on the PC, I sold the unopened PS3 version for $30 and bought the COD collection instead :)

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
K.Jack said:
Opinions on Space Wolves?
jakershaker said:
We talked about it a couple of pages back, kind of awesome.

Mix between Homeworld and Dawn of War(3D space rts with a small squad that has diablo like skilltree, lots of loot and such). No base building and which missions you take decide which faction you support(replayablility).

Nothing like smashing into the enemy armada with your mothership nuking the shit out of them(i.e. suicide) and just when they have your big ship pinned your stealthed fighters out on the flanks rain missiles down on them. :D
Oops, I was talking about Star Wolves... were you?

biocat

Just added my total damage. Not too bad. US$101.16

That's for:

Just Cause 2 + All DLC
Beat Hazard
Star Wars: Empire at War
All Borderlands DLC
Winterbottom
Thief: Deadly Shadows
Red Faction Guerrilla
FlatOut UC
Puzzle Kingdoms
Red Orchestra
The Guild II: PotES
Eve Online
Flotilla
HOI 3 - Semper Fi
Lead and Gold
Killing Floor - gift for friend
Killing Floor All DLC
Bioshock 2 - from 4 pack

I think I'll be set for a while now.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Introversion Complete Pack
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Winterbottom
Europa Universalis III: Complete
Tropico Reloaded
Puzzle Kingdoms
Birth of America
Indigo Prophecy

Total:
$30.71

Not bad.

Instro

Final haul(I took it rather easy, theres a bunch of things I could still buy but Ill wait till the Winter sale I think)

Oddworld Pack
Xcom Pack
Flatout
Shatter
Jericho
Thief: DS
Madballs
DoD:S
Borderlands+Knoxx DLC

I might snag Painkiller or Red Faction before the sale ends, but as of now I spent just over $30 so not too bad.

Oreoleo

Hm, I just realized I have an extra copy of Bioshock in my gifts area whatever.. Kinda ridiculous it's still $15. If someone wants it, gift me Killing Floor and it's all yours :p

IrishNinja

this is the last day of the sale, right? help me out here, GAF.

I'm thinking of getting The Void at $10 (@#$% missed the $5...new to steam, can i use fan mods/patches? i hear this game goes a lot better if you do), debating Aquaria at $10, mebbe Audiosurf for $5, and...is Machinarium good/worth ten?

throwing around Tales of Monkey Island complete, just gotta see how much it costs on wiiware first.

Jirotrom

speculawyer said:
Yeah . . . it is good, but it is such a blatant Burnout Revenge rip-off. Even the UI and color scheme are similar.

But I gotta say, it was a great buy at $2.

burnout-3-takedown-c.jpg
looks more like a mix between the sega arcade racers and burnout... but yea i see your point

Fireblend

Banned
$30 for me, I think I contained myself pretty well :lol

Bionic Commando
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Borderlands
Beat Hazard
Civ IV Complete Pack

:D

Dynamic3

Borderlands | $7.65
- The Secret Armory of General Knoxx | $3.39
Left 4 Dead | $5.10

Total | $16.14

Still pissed that I had to buy CS:S for $6.80 despite owning a retail copy of HL2.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Help, could someone post their favorite adventure games out of the sale list for me? I'm always thinking that some of these are really great and have flown under my radar. But not Ben There Dan That....I gave it a try and didn't really like it. (I'm much more into Lucasarts/Legend games than Mystlikes, if that helps)

Ydahs

I've only spent four bucks on Trine.

I'm willing to spend, at most, another $20. Are there any other MUST HAVE title(s) which I can purchase for under $20?

bozeman

Alright, since they're not going on a daily sale, I need to make up my mind about Beyond Good & Evil and the Earthworm Jim pack. Are these good ports or should I just get the PS2/Gamecube version (or Live Arcade/VC in the case of Earthworm Jim)? Also, how's Dark Void Zero? I thought that was optimized for the DS. Is there any chance of Star Wars: KOTOR being less than $10 in a future sale (I'm sure it's worth $10 anyway)?

barnone

Is all of borderlands DLC worth it or just General Knoxx? Will I have trouble getting to the new level cap without the first 2 DLCs? Are those 2 even fun?

Will order M&B Warband first thing tomorrow morning after one more browse of the sub 10 or 15 offerings----not expecting anything to jump out at me really.

So in the end....that would have this sale knocking me for about....$33 this time around for a fair bit of DLC and 2 actual games. :lol

Star Wolves: Is the third game all that matters or is there a case to be made for the first? I've heard the 2nd is pretty messed up...

Shaneus

I might be a bit slow on this one (and I'm remoting my home PC in black & white) but did anyone notice the bear in the header pic for today's sale? :lol

InertiaXr

Civ 3 Complete
Trine
Left 4 Dead 2
Flotilla
Shatter
Puzzle Kingdoms
Titan Quest and Immortal Throne
Freedom Force Pack
Killing Floor and DLC
Sacred Gold
King's Bounty: The Legend

Total: 41.92

Not bad, got quite a lot of things to keep me occupied for a while. :D

Did I miss anything that I should pick up? Keep in mind the only games I had outside of the sale were HL2, episodes, and Portal

Here is what I got from the sale:

Overall I got:
Audiosurf
Beat Hazard
Been There, Dan That
Cryostasis (Had to buy it after seeing the Giantbomb quick look)
Crysis (AMAZING GAME, Can't believe I haven't played it until now)
Crysis Warhead
Darwinia
Day of Defeat Source
Defcon
Freedom Force Pack
Ghost Master
GTA: SA
Half Life Source
Half Life
Killing Floor (I actually like it more than L4D because the matches are a lot shorter. I can't sit down for 90 minutes for a multiplayer round)
Multiwinia
NecroVisioN (Wow, just weird and fun)
Civ IV
The Gentleman, Please!
Trackmania Nations Forever
Tropico 3
Uplink
The Void
World of Goo

Half Life
Opposing Force
Blue Shift
Rocket Knight
Trials 2
King's Bounty TL
Bionic Commando
Bionic Commando Rearmed
Thief 3
Winterbottom
Bioshock
Red Faction
The Guild Pack
Shatter
The Void
Flatout
Ghostbusters
Sacred Gold
Flotilla
Force Unleashed
Broken Sword Pack
Ghostbusters

Don't want to know what I spent.

My Purchases

Alien vs Predator Classic 2000 $1.25
Audiosurf $2.50
Torchlight $5
Madballs in Babo: Invasion $1.99

Total $10.74

Anything else really cheap I'm missing?

Suite Pee

Willing to learn
Unable to decide between Machinarium and Bioshock 2 (was considering Just Cause 2, but I don't have the first and I'm sure I could hold out until it's on sale next).

Loved the original Bioshock, and haven't played 2 at all yet. Machinarium's demo is just so..charming, though. I love the atmosphere and art style.

Came out of this sale with:
World of Goo
Freedom Pack
Borderlands + The Secret Armory of General Knoxx
Beat Hazard
Star Wars: Empire at War Gold
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage
Flotilla
Sid Meier's Civilization IV: The Complete Edition (played IV to death..but it sounds like I didn't get the whole experience without Beyond the Sword, so I'm excited to go back to it)
Sid Meier's Civilization III: Complete
Trine

Beat Hazard, Bioshock 2, Borderlands DLC (Dr. Ned, Mad Moxxi, General Knoxx), Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena, Clive Barker's Jericho, Damnation, Day of Defeat: Source, Dogfighter, EVE Online, FlatOut Ultimate Carnage, Flotilla, Freedom Force Pack, FUEL, Full Pipe, Galcon Fusion, Gothic Bundle, James Cameron's Avatar, Killing Floor, Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West, Monkey Island Complete Pack, P.B. Winterbottom, Red Faction Guerrilla, Resident Evil 5, Shatter, Thief: Deadly Shadows, Titan Quest Gold, Zeno Clash

$144.33

God damn you Steam. :lol

Nabs

Final Take:

Trine
Red Faction: Guerrilla
Devil May Cry 4
FUEL
DiRT
Bionic Commando + Rearmed
Beat Hazard
Max and the Magic Marker
Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
Winterbottom
Shatter
FlatOut Ultimate Carnage (NA)
Grand Theft Auto IV (US/AU)
Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West
Ghostbusters: The Videogame
Dirt 2

I think it came out to around 80 bucks.

I'm pretty happy with that. Would have liked to grab a few more games like RE5, and GTA Episodes, but I think I did ok.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Just picked up:
Square Enix pack
THQ Pack
GTA San Andreas
Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising

Already installed Operation Flashpoint, now letting Just Cause 1 & 2, and Metro 2033 download.

Debating on GTA 4, but I already have that on 360. Any improvements on the PC version?

Blizzard

Banned
In case anyone cares, I just verified that King's Bounty - The Legend does indeed include 36 music files in plain .ogg format in the data\music directory. I should probably not listen to the soundtrack much more if I'm going to be hearing the same 36 songs for 60 hours straight, though. :lol

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Man, why am i so tempted by GTA4? I really didn't like it when i played it on PS3 and i can't see why that would change on the PC.

Just did a total of the things in my basket (not bought) and it comes to £100.22. Damn SE pack.

Final tally.

Alpha Prime
Chrome
Chrome: Specforce
Commandos Collection
Day of Defeat
Day of Defeat Source
Half Life
Max Payne
Max Payne 2
Men of War
Red Orchestra
Soldiers Heroes of WW2
Star Wars Empire of War Gold Edition

Lkr

NinjaFridge said:
Man, why am i so tempted by GTA4? I really didn't like it when i played it on PS3 and i can't see why that would change on the PC.

Just did a total of the things in my basket (not bought) and it comes to £100.22. Damn SE pack.

runs like shit on PC, don't do it

Got L4D2 for 10 bucks. Gonna need some folks to play Versus with.

Also picked up the telltale pack although I think they're stuff is pretty overrated. It's just too good of a deal to pass up.

I've warmed up to x-com too. Glad I gave that game a fair chance.

Top Bottom