• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars: The Last Jedi trailer

On the first point - yes. Leia specifically is getting support from old friends, while many other senators thought she was just a warmonger who couldn't let go of the past (that she was recently outed as Darth Vader's daughter didn't help).

The capital in TFA that we saw blow up was Hosnian Prime, along with the rest of the Hosnian system.

Yes i remember that name now... Ok i was shocked because it looked like Coruscant when i watched it for the first time and was blown away and angry that Lucas arts allowed them to destroy it, but then i remember someone saying Hosnian Prime.

Another Question.

Now that the rest of the galaxy has seen the atrocities that the first order has committed (guessing that's the biggest military action they have taken) are other standing militaries opposing them yet or is everyone hoping the resistance takes them out without helping or openly supporting them?

The New Republic weren't entirely in support of the Resistance. They had the support of some planets but there was still a reluctance from them to get involved in another galactic civil war.

The First Order was formed without Snoke. It's assumed he must have taken control at some point but he wasn't there at the very beginning.

Starkiller Base destroyed the Hosnian System. Hosnian Prime was the New Republic's capital at the time of TFA.

Thanks...

I'm about to get into the new canon... By y'alls opinions is it worth getting into now or is it still rocky and bare bones

Yes i remember that name now... Ok i was shocked because it looked like Coruscant when i watched it for the first time and was blown away and angry that Lucas arts allowed them to destroy it, but then i remember someone saying Hosnian Prime.

Another Question.

Now that the rest of the galaxy has seen the atrocities that the first order has committed (guessing that's the biggest military action they have taken) are other standing militaries opposing them yet or is everyone hoping the resistance takes them out without helping or openly supporting them?

No-one (as in, in terms of fans trying to keep track of this stuff) honestly knows yet. Suggestions seem to be a good chunk of the Republic fleet got wiped out because A) They scaled back after the war and B) Much of the fleet was shored at the capital; the Resistance meanwhile is basically isolated behind enemy lines. What neutral systems are doing in relation to this, we have no clue whatsoever, and probably won't until TLJ comes out - if we even do then, given how much TFA avoided larger worldbuilding.

We don't really know yet. It looks like some of the remaining New Republic ships may have joined up with the Resistance but the details are unknown at the moment.

Thanks...

I'm about to get into the new canon... By y'alls opinions is it worth getting into now or is it still rocky and bare bones

I'd absolutely recommend reading Bloodline if you enjoyed TFA. It's still my favourite book of the new canon and does a great job of fleshing out the status quo in the lead-up to TFA. Claudia Gray writes a great Leia.

The Aftermath trilogy is more inconsistent. The first book isn't great but I really enjoyed the second. It's worth reading if you want to know more about the early days of the New Republic and the Battle of Jakku is one of the highlights of the new canon thus far.

No-one (as in, in terms of fans trying to keep track of this stuff) honestly knows yet. Suggestions seem to be a good chunk of the Republic fleet got wiped out because A) They scaled back after the war and B) Much of the fleet was shored at the capital; the Resistance meanwhile is basically isolated behind enemy lines. What neutral systems are doing in relation to this, we have no clue whatsoever, and probably won't until TLJ comes out - if we even do then, given how much TFA avoided larger worldbuilding.

Ok so the EU is still bare bones, I'm trying to jump in, was salty for the longest time about them getting rid of everything that wasn't the 6 main movies and the clone wars series, but I'm thinking about getting I to it

Also, good spot. Which makes me wonder that, even if the scene from the new trailer with Rey on the other side isn't from the scene with Kylo, there's still a scene with the two of them together, and Kylo offering his hand after doing that turn of the saber, and then shutting it down.
My dumb theory:

Snoke puts Kylo on the backburner for Rey after he still can't let go of his past. Kylo finds out Luke has been training Rey and it pisses him off that his family is so accepting of her when he grew up as a problem child. He's conflicted for the whole movie and it seems like the redemption arc is in play. Luke realizes he can't run anymore and plot stuff happens to get us to a Luke and Kylo to meeting. Kylo extends his hand and gives Luke a heartfelt apology, for maximum poetry he drops a "You were right". The redemption arc is comp-red lightsaber to Luke out of nowhere! Kylo says some heart breaking shit to Luke before he kills him. There's your ESB downer/where the hell do we go from here ending.

We don't really know yet. It looks like some of the remaining New Republic ships may have joined up with the Resistance but the details are unknown at the moment.

I'd absolutely recommend reading Bloodline if you enjoyed TFA. It's still my favourite book of the new canon and does a great job of fleshing out the status quo in the lead-up to TFA. Claudia Gray writes a great Leia.

The Aftermath trilogy is more inconsistent. The first book isn't great but I really enjoyed the second. It's worth reading if you want to know more about the early days of the New Republic and the Battle of Jakku is one of the highlights of the new canon thus far.

Nice, once i get that new water proof kindle I'm gonna start that book

My dumb theory:

Snoke puts Kylo on the backburner for Rey after he still can't let go of his past. Kylo finds out Luke has been training Rey and it pisses him off that his family is so accepting of her when he grew up as a problem child. He's conflicted for the whole movie and it seems like the redemption arc is in play. Luke realizes he can't run anymore and plot stuff happens to get us to a Luke and Kylo to meeting. Kylo extends his hand and gives Luke a heartfelt apology, for maximum poetry he drops a "You were right". The redemption arc is comp-red lightsaber to Luke out of nowhere! Kylo says some heart breaking shit to Luke before he kills him. There's your ESB downer/where the hell do we go from here ending.

Killing Han AND Luke in the same way haha. The rage would be palpable.

Joeytj

Banned

Yeah, one of the main problems I have with TFA is the lack of explanation of what exactly is happening in the galaxy.

Most of my friends and family members are just like N7 MRP and confused AF as to what happened to the Rebels, the Empire and what's going on.

Despite what Bobby Roberts says, this isn't just about wondering "who pumps Batman's tires".

And I suspect that Leia's planned larger role for Episode IX was her uniting the galaxy and the remnants of the New Republic once more to fight the First Order while Rey and Luke get their shit together.

Alas, that role might now go to Holdo, Poe himself, a new character later or even Luke, who knows.

molnizzle

Ok ok... So the new republic and the resistance are not one in the same but secretly they are funding the resistance I assume.

The new order was salvaged from the empire by snoke.

The new order then destroyed the new republics capitol world in TFA, none of those worlds were coruscant. Which worlds were those?

Secretly funding the Resistance is about right. Officially the Republic was to have no more standing military after the Empire's defeat, but Leia believed it was necessary for there to still be a covert force to defend against the First Order. After she was proven right the senior leaders of the Republic kind of turned a blind eye to the Resistance, knowing that Leia was at the helm.

First Order was founded by Imperial officers before Snoke was ever involved, but he obviously assumed control at some point in the Unknown Regions.

Coruscant never really went back to being Republic-friendly after decades of being the Emperor's Throneworld. When the New Republic began to officially take shape, Coruscant was still under Imperial control. They moved the capital to Hosnian Prime, which is what you saw destroyed in TFA.

Ok so the EU is still bare bones, I'm trying to jump in, was salty for the longest time about them getting rid of everything that wasn't the 6 main movies and the clone wars series, but I'm thinking about getting I to it

They're still somewhat slow to build on anything post-TFA because of wanting to avoid TLJ spoilers, and even the post-ROTJ gap is still only somewhat filling out. Most of the current EU/extended canon focus has been on the gaps between films in the previous two trilogies. Such is where the now popular scene of Vader learning the truth about having a son comes from. The Rebels TV show might be a good starting point by way of its succession - both in spirit and some actual points - to the Clone Wars series.

My dumb theory:

I'm leaning towards a fakeout on a redemption arc really. Like, as suggested on the other page, that maybe Kylo doesn't really get how one of those actually works.

Yeah, one of the main problems I have with TFA is the lack of explanation of what exactly is happening in the galaxy.

Most of my friends and family members are just like N7 MRP and confused AF as to what happened to the Rebels, the Empire and what's going on.

Despite what Bobby Roberts says, this isn't just about wondering "who pumps Batman's tires".

And I suspect that Leia's planned larger role for Episode IX was her uniting the galaxy and the remnants of the New Republic once more to fight the First Order while Rey and Luke get their shit together.

Alas, that role might now go to Holdo, Poe himself, a new character later or even Luke, who knows.

If they bother covering it, which I'm not entirely certain they will, I wager who gets to be responsible for it will be partially determined by the response to each of the characters. If Holdo proves popular - and retconning her in as Leia's childhood friend is certainly setting her up for such - then there's an easy means to transfer the authority role to her. If however Poe does actually get story elements about seeing the bigger picture and audiences respond well to that, I wouldn't be surprised if the script was shifted to give him more prominence as an outright leader, and not just a pilot.

Joeytj

Banned
Nice, once i get that new water proof kindle I'm gonna start that book

Yeah, I second the recommendation. Bloodline is probably the best book out there right now, both in terms of writing and how it sets up the world before TFA.

Aftermath starts of very uneven, but is also worth a read by the second and third book and gives you a lot of clues about the First Order and what TLJ will be about.

Secretly funding the Resistance is about right. Officially the Republic was to have no more standing military after the Empire's defeat, but Leia believed it was necessary for there to still be a covert force to defend against the First Order. After she was proven right the senior leaders of the Republic kind of turned a blind eye to the Resistance, knowing that Leia was at the helm.

First Order was founded by Imperial officers before Snoke was ever involved, but he obviously assumed control at some point in the Unknown Regions.

Coruscant never really went back to being Republic-friendly after decades of being the Emperor's Throneworld. When the New Republic began to officially take shape, Coruscant was still under Imperial control. They moved the capital to Hosnian Prime, which is what you saw destroyed in TFA.

I see, interesting the new order is basically the imperial remnant from the legacy novels but more fanatic now I'm guessing thanks to snokes ride to power

In other words it could be that Lucas Arts hasn't found an author or director yet to feature Coruscant in their novel or films prominently. I hope they do, it was one of the best things about the prequels and legacy novels.

I see, interesting the new order is basically the imperial remnant from the legacy novels but more fanatic now I'm guessing thanks to snokes ride to power

In other words it could be that Lucas Arts hasn't found an author or director yet to feature Coruscant in their novel or films prominently. I hope they do, it was one of the best things about the prequels and legacy novels.

It's admittedly a post-ROTS, pre-ANH book, but 'Tarkin' might be somewhat up your alley in this regard. Its Coruscant scenes are admittedly mostly confined to the Imperial Palace - formerly the Jedi Temple - but its where we learned (canonically - it has been suggested through scrapped Clone Wars storylines) the Temple actually sits on the site of an ancient Sith shrine, and Sheev does... something, down there. No-one - in universe or out - is quite sure what.

molnizzle

OMaDhiI.gif

Joeytj

Banned
They're still somewhat slow to build on anything post-TFA because of wanting to avoid TLJ spoilers, and even the post-ROTJ gap is still only somewhat filling out. Most of the current EU/extended canon focus has been on the gaps between films in the previous two trilogies. Such is where the now popular scene of Vader learning the truth about having a son comes from. The Rebels TV show might be a good starting point by way of its succession - both in spirit and some actual points - to the Clone Wars series.

I'm leaning towards a fakeout on a redemption arc really. Like, as suggested on the other page, that maybe Kylo doesn't really get how one of those actually works.

If they bother covering it, which I'm not entirely certain they will, I wager who gets to be responsible for it will be partially determined by the response to each of the characters. If Holdo proves popular - and retconning her in as Leia's childhood friend is certainly setting her up for such - then there's an easy means to transfer the authority role to her. If however Poe does actually get story elements about seeing the bigger picture and audiences respond well to that, I wouldn't be surprised if the script was shifted to give him more prominence as an outright leader, and not just a pilot.

It would be cool if they turned Poe into the new Republic/Resistance leader, butting heads with Holdo to see who is the most credible of the two when it comes to continuing Leia's legacy.

I doubt they would make him want the position, just like Leia is shown in "Bloodline" not actually wanting to be the New Republic's chancellor (well, First Senator), but ultimately accepting the responsibility.

Man, what if that was the plan all along and Leia would be Rey's final true teacher in the ways of the Force. Leia, after all, is probably the first force sensitive human in thousands of years to give birth to another force sensitive human. She has a unique understanding of the Force that not even Yoda or Qui Gon had.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I don't know what it means, but it's noteworthy that Kathy went from saying this in October 2015 (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/star-wars-force-awakens-kathleen-828680):

To this, earlier in the year (https://www.fandango.com/movie-news...r-saga-will-continue-past-episode-ix-752161):

Now, from that Hollywood Reporter piece, we know Kylo Ren had yet to be revealed to be Ben Solo.

To quote myself from a previous topic a few months ago:

To me it seems more likely that Disney is being quiet on any more Star Wars films after Solo and Episode 9 is because Episode 9 is the last of the sequel trilogy and anything they announce will come after the new trilogy has been finished off. They probably want to decide what the future of the Star Wars films is going to be once they don't have the main saga to run between films, do they do Anthology films forever, move quickly on to Episode 10? or do they try and start a new trilogy of films with a different family of characters to follow?

The latter to me seems more likely as they have been calling the episodes the Skywalker Saga more and more frequently and it has appeared in press releases, probably to differentiate any future set of film from the current episodes.

The second Lucasfilm started calling this the Skywalker Saga it should have been obvious that we are likely getting another “Saga” of films after these ones finish and this is how they with differentiate them from each other.

Lucasfilm after throwing away the expanded universe and started from scratch have also not set anything but a couple of short stories not long before The Phantom Menace. With Snoke apparently being quite old I wouldn’t be surprised if we get a canon Lucasfilm version Old Republic movie. We’ve never really had it but we could get a trilogy of films where everyone and their mum is ruining around fighting hordes of Sith and throwing each other around with crazy force powers and such.

Raptor

My dumb theory:

WTF!

This is too damn much, Kylo is a freaking monster god damn, I love him lol, then he goes and kills every ewok in existence cause they danced with his dad and that makes him mad.

It would be cool if they turned Poe into the new Republic/Resistance leader, butting heads with Holdo to see who is the most credible of the two when it comes to continuing Leia's legacy.

I doubt they would make him want the position, just like Leia is shown in "Bloodline" not actually wanting to be the New Republic's chancellor (well, First Senator), but ultimately accepting the responsibility.

Man, what if that was the plan all along and Leia would be Rey's final true teacher in the ways of the Force. Leia, after all, is probably the first force sensitive human in thousands of years to give birth to another force sensitive human. She has a unique understanding of the Force that not even Yoda or Qui Gon had.

...An outright conflict of sorts between the two could work as a dramatic underpinning for the plot of IX. Much as I love the OT, it really does the bare minimum in establishing the potential ramifications and consequences of its plot. Return of the Jedi has the most explicit scene addressing just how the story, you know, is important at all, and that's Mon Mothma revealing that the Emperor's in the neighbourhood and it's a perfect chance to take him out of the picture, freeing the galaxy from his rule (though the rest of the empire was still a big question mark, yes). Using Holdo and Poe as the means to make clear what's at stake by them arguing over over which of them is best for getting the job done - and why they can't afford screwing up - could give us at least that much again.

As for that... while I wouldn't be so certain of it as an absolute statement, yes her perspective of it has to be rare for sure. She's not merely a teacher, but a parent; she is the Luke to Kylo's Vader in the complete opposite direction. Had Fisher lived, I wouldn't be surprised if she was pushed into taking that role even farther.

Surfinn

So I just watched the trailer again, after the dust has settled..

Straight up chills man. It's good

This film is gunna be all about the characters. Cannot fucking wait to get to know them.

Pizza

Thanks...

If you're looking to only read stuff that's tied to the new movies after 6, it's pretty bare bones rn.

If you're looking to see the new version of what happens offscreen in the OT, the stuff between 6 and 7 and some cherry picked prequel stuff, then it's rad as hell. Especially if you're into comics too. I've read a chunk of the stuff, and I just ordered thirteen books/comic trade paperbacks to go all in.

Inferno Squad was a cool orig trig era story about imperial superspies, also ties into BF2. It's a slowish character piece featuring well-meaning imperials fighting the ruthless remnants of Saw's partisans. It's grey vs grey and I liked it a lot.

Tarkin was sort of dry, but it was a sick character piece and did a lot of meaningful world building. It did a TON to connect the prequels and the cartoon (never watched it, the references were sparse) to the orig trig in meaningful/cool ways. Explains what sort of guy Tarkin is and his relationship with the Sith duo. How he became Grand Moff. It also shows some of palpatine's day-to-day emperoring, which was super cool

Phasma is, no exaggeration, one of my favorite books ever. I'm a sucker for frame stories, and the premise is that phasma's rival in the first order is torturing phasma's backstory out of a resistance spy he caught. She provides a secondhand account of phasma's life on her post apocalyptic mad max planet. The book also delves into the training process of first order stormtroopers, Armitage Hux and his dad, what sort of /people/ the first order are, and what sort of Wonder Woman/mad max hybrid phasma is. Really great read.

Death Troopers is a legends book, but enough stuff from it is considered canon that the book itself is canon for me. It's nuts. A supervirus that goes wild on an imperial prison ship and the characters pretty much just have to escape. They're not like, shambling zombie zombies: they're a gravemindish hive mind. Really good book!!!

I read the first two trades of the Vader comic and I love it. The art is pretty good, I dig all the wild shit that happens, and I like the sort of dude the new canon is consistently painting Vader as. The new canon is obviously watched over by a pantheon of lore lords, and I'm totally okay with that. All the fiction I've read FEELS like it's from the same universe in a really good way.

I ordered Lords of the Sith (sideous/Vader buddy cop book) Catalyst (rogue one prequel about Galen and Krennic) the Aftermath Trilogy, all the trades of the Star Wars comic, Vader Down, and the Maul prequel comic. Honestly I plan on reading literally everything!

Now is honestly a great time to jump in before there's an overwhelming amount of stuff to catch up on. It's all been great!

Lizzy

Unconfirmed Member
The bruise! The bruise! It's all about the bruise!!!!!

Rey, being tortured by Snoke. Look above her left eyebrow. No bruise.

Finn and Rey on Crait, from the BTS reel. Bruise above left eye is present.

How does Rey get off?

BASED ON THE LEAKS I CAN SURMISE THE FOLLOWING ABOUT THE MOVIE. MILD SPOILERS
We've known for a while that Finn and Rose's mission is to blow up Snoke's main ship. The one that he lives on. This is how Rey gets out. When Finn and Rose detonate the bomb, or when it's detonated, that's what Rey uses to escape, and they all rendezvous on Crait.

The bruise! The bruise! It's all about the bruise!!!!!

Rey, being tortured by Snoke. Look above her left eyebrow. No bruise.

Finn and Rey on Crait, from the BTS reel. Bruise above left eye is present.

How does Rey get off?

BASED ON THE LEAKS I CAN SURMISE THE FOLLOWING ABOUT THE MOVIE. MILD SPOILERS
We've known for a while that Finn and Rose's mission is to blow up Snoke's main ship. The one that he lives on. This is how Rey gets out. When Finn and Rose detonate the bomb, or when it's detonated, that's what Rey uses to escape, and they all rendezvous on Crait.

This is some detective level shit.

Though if so, that makes me curious: Does the general attack on Crait happen first, thus prompting Rey to go because she wants to try and stop it, or does it begin because Rey escapes to Crait?

If you're looking to only read stuff that's tied to the new movies after 6, it's pretty bare bones rn.

If you're looking to see the new version of what happens offscreen in the OT, the stuff between 6 and 7 and some cherry picked prequel stuff, then it's rad as hell. Especially if you're into comics too. I've read a chunk of the stuff, and I just ordered thirteen books/comic trade paperbacks to go all in.

Inferno Squad was a cool orig trig era story about imperial superspies, also ties into BF2. It's a slowish character piece featuring well-meaning imperials fighting the ruthless remnants of Saw's partisans. It's grey vs grey and I liked it a lot.

Tarkin was sort of dry, but it was a sick character piece and did a lot of meaningful world building. It did a TON to connect the prequels and the cartoon (never watched it, the references were sparse) to the orig trig in meaningful/cool ways. Explains what sort of guy Tarkin is and his relationship with the Sith duo. How he became Grand Moff. It also shows some of palpatine's day-to-day emperoring, which was super cool

Phasma is, no exaggeration, one of my favorite books ever. I'm a sucker for frame stories, and the premise is that phasma's rival in the first order is torturing phasma's backstory out of a resistance spy he caught. She provides a secondhand account of phasma's life on her post apocalyptic mad max planet. The book also delves into the training process of first order stormtroopers, Armitage Hux and his dad, what sort of /people/ the first order are, and what sort of Wonder Woman/mad max hybrid phasma is. Really great read.

Death Troopers is a legends book, but enough stuff from it is considered canon that the book itself is canon for me. It's nuts. A supervirus that goes wild on an imperial prison ship and the characters pretty much just have to escape. They're not like, shambling zombie zombies: they're a gravemindish hive mind. Really good book!!!

I read the first two trades of the Vader comic and I love it. The art is pretty good, I dig all the wild shit that happens, and I like the sort of dude the new canon is consistently painting Vader as. The new canon is obviously watched over by a pantheon of lore lords, and I'm totally okay with that. All the fiction I've read FEELS like it's from the same universe in a really good way.

I ordered Lords of the Sith (sideous/Vader buddy cop book) Catalyst (rogue one prequel about Galen and Krennic) the Aftermath Trilogy, all the trades of the Star Wars comic, Vader Down, and the Maul prequel comic. Honestly I plan on reading literally everything!

Now is honestly a great time to jump in before there's an overwhelming amount of stuff to catch up on. It's all been great!

Sweet sounds delicious. Just to confirm though are ALL pre Disney books are now legacy books or did any of them make it through?

Sweet sounds delicious. Just to confirm though are ALL pre Disney books are now legacy books or did any of them make it through?

Only thing is the Maul: Son of Dathomir comics. That said, a lot of the new books lift ideas and concepts from the old EU - much of Tarkin's backstory in the new novel is basically what it was from across various other sources previously.

sphagnum

Banned

All pre-Disney stuff is Legends except for the original 6 movies, The Clone Wars (the CGI cartoon, not the 2D one), and Darth Maul: Son of Dathomir which was a comic based on unfinished TCW scripts.

Lizzy

Unconfirmed Member
This is some detective level shit.

Though if so, that makes me curious: Does the general attack on Crait happen first, thus prompting Rey to go because she wants to try and stop it, or does it begin because Rey escapes to Crait?

It's hard to say. Perhaps Snoke somehow learns of Crait's location by reading Rey's mind like Kylo did in TFA...perhaps it's their escape that leads the First Order to Crait. Another possibility is that Snoke is more hands on now and his ship is at the battle.

It's hard to say. Perhaps Snoke somehow learns of Crait's location by reading Rey's mind like Kylo did in TFA...perhaps it's their escape that leads the First Order to Crait. Another possibility is that Snoke is more hands on now and his ship is at the battle.

It's definitely hunting down the Resistance fleet at the presumable start of the movie, as I detailed earlier in the thread - it's in the background when Kylo is strafing the Raddus.

sphagnum

Banned
There's some speculation (NOT A SPOILER) that DJ might find out about the Crait base and hand that info over to the First Order.

I hope Holdo isn't a traitor.

Wasn't Lyra Erso force-sensitive?

There's some speculation (NOT A SPOILER) that DJ might find out about the Crait base and hand that info over to the First Order.

I hope Holdo isn't a traitor.

Ooooh, that would make sense of why it takes a while to find them then.

Also agreed on Holdo not being a traitor. While I've postulated on her potential as a rival of sorts, the Resistance is already on a bad enough footing they don't need more diabolus ex machinas going against them.

sphagnum

Banned
Considering her characterization in LPOA, I can't see Holdo as anything but totally loyal. Unless some sort of real bad blood between her and Leia popped up in the three decade interim.

Only thing is the Maul: Son of Dathomir comics. That said, a lot of the new books lift ideas and concepts from the old EU - much of Tarkin's backstory in the new novel is basically what it was from across various other sources previously.

Oh very well... But that's good to hear that the concepts and some story elements are brought over.

The rule of two story Drew Karpyshyn told was excellent. Now that this is not canon except in the movies when they actually say it. assuming Snoke is not a Sith lord but an entity completely outside of the whole jedi vs sith thing, this opens up the possibility that other actual Sith still roam the galaxy to afraid at the time to challenge Palpatine and his armada

Sorry just getting all excited for the lore and shit

sphagnum

Banned
Oh very well... But that's good to hear that the concepts and some story elements are brought over.

The rule of two story Drew Karpyshyn told was excellent. Now that this is not canon except in the movies when they actually say it. assuming Snoke is not a Sith lord but an entity completely outside of the whole jedi vs sith thing, this opens up the possibility that other actual Sith still roam the galaxy to afraid at the time to challenge Palpatine and his armada

Sorry just getting all excited for the lore and shit

In canon there are no other Sith during the "present" outside Vader and Sheev. The only time there were rivals was when Maul and his brother led the Shadow Collective during the Clone War. Theyre sticking pretty close to the Rule of Two after the EU went nuts with Sith in the post-RotJ era.

Snoke is something else, possibly tied to a "wellspring" of the dark side in the Unknown Regions that is spoken of in Aftermath or the great threat that causes Thrawn to join the Empire. We're not really sure though.

Any scene in TLJ that has Finn and Rey interactions are probably going to be my favorite parts of the movie.
Ahem. I don't know about you, but I have some damn fine speculation.
Watch as it turns out that everything we saw in the trailers was actually a dream that Luke had and we had actually not seen anything from the movie itself haha! 😂

Kidding! I'm just kidding!

In canon there are no other Sith during the "present" outside Vader and Sheev. The only time there were rivals was when Maul and his brother led the Shadow Collective during the Clone War. Theyre sticking pretty close to the Rule of Two after the EU went nuts with Sith in the post-RotJ era.

Snoke is something else, possibly tied to a "wellspring" of the dark side in the Unknown Regions that is spoken of in Aftermath or the great threat that causes Thrawn to join the Empire. We're not really sure though.

Ah yes thrawn... I'm glad he made the cut, beside Rebels is there any indication that he survives RotJ? I'd really like for him to show up in an Anthology film but also the main series granted chiss are suddenly able to live longer than the average human.

Top Bottom