• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black Season 5 |OT| The Final Trip – Saturdays at 10/9c on BBC America

Dereck

I'm behind this week, looks fun.

Orphan Black finally escapes from the island

1200.jpg

dLMN8R

Are we sure that Ira is dead? He's definitely close, but I don't think he got any further than sad about Susan this episode. Hopefully he has one more episode in him to go out in a blaze of glory.

Are we sure that Ira is dead? He's definitely close, but I don't think he got any further than sad about Susan this episode. Hopefully he has one more episode in him to go out in a blaze of glory.
Yeah, actor confirmed it himself in an interview this week. On the bright side for the actor, there's still a known Castor out there that needs loose ends tied up. But Ira was easily the best of them.

Krystal gives me life.

That line where she called Sarah "that Australian girl"...so good.

I hope Mud makes it out of there. Ira was a lost figure and seemed always destined for a tragic end, but both Ira and Susan at least redeemed themselves to some degree.

Mrs. S giving up Kira seemed a bit too easy. Just walk in late at night, tell her they need Kira for a sleep study, and off they go? S should've pistol whipped the both of them.

dLMN8R

Yeah, actor confirmed it himself in an interview this week. On the bright side for the actor, there's still a known Castor out there that needs loose ends tied up. But Ira was easily the best of them.

Aw that's too bad.

And yes, Krystal is the best. I hope she has a few more good moments before the series ends!

I really hate how they handled the Castor plot. First, there really wasn't much need for them in the first place. Then they were intricately woven into the plot. Only to summarily be killed off one by one with less impact and shock waves than even the most mundane of Leda clones. It makes me angry.

Part of me wants to blame Ari Millen for obviously not having the chops to meet Tatiana's level of skill in portraying distinct clones. I feel he was miscast and it really should have been someone like Enver Gokaj who would have easily mastered the role.

That said, what's done is done and we can only wait to see if they feel fit to show us what has become of Mark and any other Castor's Virginia had command over. *sigh*

Part of me wants to blame Ari Millen for obviously not having the chops to meet Tatiana's level of skill in portraying distinct clones. I feel he was miscast and it really should have been someone like Enver Gokaj who would have easily mastered the role.

Let's be real, there's not many actors who could pull off what Tatiana has done with the clones.

I understand why they wanted to do the Castor storyline philosophically, but it wasn't written well, and yeah...Ari wasn't really up to the task. Neither was Coady's actor, really.

dLMN8R

Let's be real, there's not many actors who could pull off what Tatiana has done with the clones.

I understand why they wanted to do the Castor storyline philosophically, but it wasn't written well, and yeah...Ari wasn't really up to the task. Neither was Coady's actor, really.

You really need to watch Dollhouse. Enver Gokaj didn't have quite as much to work with as Tatiana, but what he did do, was absolutely stunning.

Dereck

New episode

d0Wy9qz.jpg

S05E07:
Gag or Throttle - Westmoreland demands a more aggressive action on Kira; Sarah fights to save her daughter; Rachel discovers a dark secret; Cosima has a clue about Westmoreland's identity.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
You guys Rachel just stabbed out her robot eye with a shattered martini glass.

Also, Mark and Gracie are back! Now we just need Cal to pop up and we'll have come full circle!

Dereck

The party at the end seemed random, I didn't know if it was a part of the same episode or part of the next episode

The party at the end seemed random, I didn't know if it was a part of the same episode or part of the next episode
Rachel was the end. On my BBCA broadcast it went immediately into a text promo that said they couldn't show anything from next week's episode. There was something weird about the end cut though, so anything they put after Rachel probably would have felt like the episode.

edit: and that random party in the promo is
Felix's art show opening
that he mentioned earlier this year.

Horsefly

Superb episode. This series has been great!

Only a little sad that we didn't get to see the events going down in Switzerland, but then I'm not sure that comedy relief would have fit in the tension of the last two episodes.

Fantastic episode; maybe the best of the season? I wish the show had been more consistent in its tone with Rachel, but this episode really did a lot for her character.

Fuck Mark and Gracie for selling out Helena though. All I've wanted all season was for Helena to go full Jason Bourne on Neolution and now she's going to end up a sacrificial lamb.

Quick

Banned
I'm catching up now, and I just finished episode 2.

Jesus fuck MK's murder was brutal. Not outside the realm of Orphan Black's violence, but it just didn't sit right with me. Figured her fate was sealed, but I was thinking Ferdinand would shoot her or something quick.

Great episode, so glad that Rachel made the right decision with Kira. Neolution had been using her all her life, and even after saying she is free and in charge the creep put a camera in her eye.

Allison's new hairdo is different.

jwk94

I'm catching up now, and I just finished episode 2.

Jesus fuck MK's murder was brutal. Not outside the realm of Orphan Black's violence, but it just didn't sit right with me. Figured her fate was sealed, but I was thinking Ferdinand would shoot her or something quick.
MK didn't really deserve that. It was kinda fucked up. I kinda want one of the main clones to die. Right now, it feels like additional clones are introduced just so we can get some deaths on the show; that makes the main 4 feel invincible and I kinda hate it.

Great episode, so glad that Rachel made the right decision with Kira. Neolution had been using her all her life, and even after saying she is free and in charge the creep put a camera in her eye.

Allison's new hairdo is different.

I hate Allison's new hairdo.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i loved this show at first but now i can't wait for it to end. i've lost track of what is going on and it's a total borefest. i would usually just stop watching but i've watched this far so i guess i'll put up with it for a few more episodes.

Dereck

New episode

TIyeg6s.jpg

S05E08:
Guillotines Decide/B] - Mrs. S orders the sisters to celebrate Felix's art opening; Sarah remains on edge with a nagging suspicion that S is hiding something.

RIP Siobhan, even if it was a bit hamfisted that she didn't take Art as backup.

Is next week the last week or do we have 2 more weeks to go? An interview with the creators kept referring to the end of the show as a "two-parter."

The future is female.

Nice to have Felix back and get some of the spotlight with his art show, even though the paintings all revolved around his sisters.

Cosima crying tears of joy with Delphine in exposing Neolution was great to see.

Mrs. S - Damn!

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Nice to have Felix back and get some of the spotlight with his art show, even though the paintings all revolved around his sisters.

Yeah, I'm not sure why all of his art revolved around the clones (I think I saw ones of Kira and S as well though). It felt too insular, like Felix doesn't have a life outside of Clone Club. It was also a bit shitty for him in the meta sense - Felix finally gets substantial screen time after being shuffled off screen for a good chunk of the final season, and yet his spotlight is still ultimately all about the clones. Poor Felix can't have anything of his own. :(

I also thought it was strange that his gallery took place inside his own apartment. Felt a bit like the show's budget was showing.

Cosima crying tears of joy with Delphine in exposing Neolution was great to see.

Tatiana was particularly great in that scene.

RIP in peace Mrs. S. Figured she probably wouldn't make it out of this season alive but that was dumb, at least she got to take Ferdinand with her.

Yeah, I'm not sure why all of his art revolved around the clones (I think I saw ones of Kira and S as well though). It felt too insular, like Felix doesn't have a life outside of Clone Club. It was also a bit shitty for him in the meta sense - Felix finally gets substantial screen time after being shuffled off screen for a good chunk of the final season, and yet his spotlight is still ultimately all about the clones. Poor Felix can't have anything of his own. :(

I also thought it was strange that his gallery took place inside his own apartment. Felt a bit like the show's budget was showing.

Tatiana was particularly great in that scene.

Yeah, Felix as a character has mostly served as being in support of the Clone Club and this season in particular he hasn't had much to do.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Oh yeah, I forgot that they killed Gracie off too. That was sort of surprising. I guess Mark probably isn't too far behind her...

How long has Helena been pregnant now? This show has a really short timeline for how many years it's been.

Oh yeah, I forgot that they killed Gracie off too. That was sort of surprising. I guess Mark probably isn't too far behind her...

That felt like a "tying up a loose end" sort of death.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
That felt like a "tying up a loose end" sort of death.

Yeah. I don't remember how things left off wrt she and Mark, but I don't necessarily feel like they needed to bring them back just to kill them off. (assuming they kill Mark) I don't know that they deserved that.

I really dislike how they're killing off so many characters one by one. It feels gratuitous. They've all had plot armor for five seasons, but now suddenly it's okay to murder everyone?

On a pragmatic note, the Mrs. S scene didn't even make sense. Ferdinand puts down his gun first, then she puts hers down and tries to go get another gun?? She should've just shot him when she had the chance.

I'm also not fond of the way they've neutered Helena this season. She's a trained assassin and she gets restrained in five seconds by a couple of Neolution thugs. Okay.

Other than that though, it was a really fantastic episode. Everyone acted their asses off. Having Felix's art show centered around the sistras did seem a bit too one dimensional, but it made sense plot-wise.

Top Bottom