• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DmC |OT| No, F*ck You!

Isaccard

I must say alot of the combo video's thus far are really underwhelming.

Still, I'm excited to play the game once it releases on Steam

DmC2 > No DMC > DMC 5*

*Unless DMC4 was the "transitional" game and 5 is Nero only/Nero and new character and throws Dante/Trish/Lady into the sun

I'd love a sequel. There's huge potential for a follow-up after the events of the first game, and Ninja Theory can easily go bigger and better with the story and combat. Just please don't hire Combichrist to score half the soundtrack again.

And by that I don't mean let them score the entire soundtrack! Keep them away entirely.

Edit - Almost done with DMD now. Whereas before I ignored Eryx for the most part, I've now found a new appreciation for it during this playthrough. It definitely does serve its role in certain situations. Osiris is still pitifully useless though.

Ammish

Banned
How did you managed to preload it? I get 38mb downloaded and it says 'complete' :Z

Apparently,it seems to apply to GMG copies from what I've heard.

Steam is now saying my game is going to be unlocked in 22 hours, but it's three hours until 25th Jan in my timezone.

I just want to play it now ;-;

Finished this game the other day. I liked the narration and how they tied Limbo into the storyline. I actually liked the new Dante as the game went on even though I never really had an issue with him from the reveal. The only boss battle I felt was lackluster was the
Mundus
battle. Other than that its an above average game with great characters and equally great gameplay. I am looking forward to the sequel.

Dahbomb

DMC5 >>>>> DmC2 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> No DMC at all

So yeah I like the game a lot. Not too far yet tho, at mission 10. I totally called it that it would be a decent game but bashing this game just has been almost a responsibility for every DMC fan. I guess it helps I never was that hardcore fan but I like the games :3.

Also New Dante as a character is already much more tolerable than DMC3 Dante for example.

Sidzed2

I just want more Devil May Cry, whether it be in the form of a DmC2 (which could be really wonderful if Ninja Theory builds on its successes) or a DMC5 or any other sort of iteration. Just give me more.

Marlowe89

This might've been asked countless times already,
but did... did NT seriously just shoehorn DmC into the actual canon?

That ending...

Chamber

love on your sleeve

That ending...

No but outside of Sparda being a nobody and Eva being an angel, DmC could have worked as a prequel.

Bad7667

So is this a mistake or will the game unlock at midnight in each region?
I have no experience with pre-ordering on steam.

Some games don't unlock at midnight for whatever reason. So if the clock says 22 hours, it might be 22 hours.

I really want it to unlock tonight.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
"Outside of"

You could get around the first issue given the nature of Mundus but the latter is impossible.

That's pretty central, though. You could just as easily say DmC doesn't work as a sequel outside of
Dante gaining white hair and Vergil disappearing.

It doesn't matter, anyway. It's not a prequel, so the point is moot.

Recently had to erase motioninjoy because it was overwriting the bluetooth dongle i finally bought. I obviously don't plan on playing this with a keyboard and use a dualshock with my PC. Will it overwrite my bluetooth profile again even though I installed it after getting rid of motioninjoy? Would hate to have to uninstall motininjoy every time I want to use my wiimote or connect my phone :/

Directly related to this game: Hope the pc version eventually gets a Legendary Dark Knight equivalent, was a lot of fun in 4.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
That's pretty central, though. You could just as easily say DmC doesn't work as a sequel outside of
Dante gaining white hair and Vergil disappearing.

It doesn't matter, anyway. It's not a prequel, so the point is moot.

Right, I'm just saying with a couple tweaks they could have made it a prequel. As it stands, it's just an alternate universe where Mundus beat Sparda instead of vice versa. Eva being an angel didn't change anything.

After playing the Metal Gear Rising demo and learning the gameplay, DmC has COMPLETELY disappeared from all thought. Like, I forgot it even came out and I got the Platinum for that game last weekend. :lol

I will return for Vergil's Downfall but otherwise my hype train is well and truly heading for the MGR platform now.

MGR helped me accept the death of DMC as i know it. Its pushing action games forward in ways that DMC used to..

I loved DMC because of a combination of qualities, not just the impeccable engine, but the character design and environment aesthetic as well.. If they release a DmC2 i'll not buy that one either, as i'm sure NT will shoehorn new social commentary and edgy shock value moments that i want no part of while keeping combat as pedestrian as possible..

i don't even have enough negative energy to hope it fails. Besides, Carpcom has made it obvious the past is moot in favor of what they perceive as a wider market. That always works out for the best.

/epilogue

Gbraga

IT'S ABOUT GOD DAMN TIME!!!!!!

image.php

Gbraga

I hope this isn't the extent you can go with Donte may Cry. This looks really tame.

I want to say "chill out, it's the first actual combo video", but I'm not so sure to be quite honest...

Well, he didn't use some tech we already find out, so there's that. Like "Gun Charge Cancelling" (Let's please call it Ricoshot Release :C), invisible prop and air restand. There may be some potential in this games' many glitches.

Dahbomb

That pending...
It seemed that it started off as a prequel but then after the backlash it ended up being more of a reboot thing.

Some elements of the game don't lend themselves well to this being a prequel to the original DMC series:

*Sparda not an omnipotent, legendary demon. He's just some high rank demon in this game with no special powers. In fact both Dante and Vergil are more special than him. This makes a lot of the subsequent games in DMC pointless as they revolved largely around getting the power of Sparda. Who the hell would want the power of Sparda in the DmC universe? Plus Sparda is actually alive in this version and after the ending of DmC he is basically someone that can easily make an appearance in a sequel.

*Mundus is vanquished and he was the main villain in DMC1. The whole point of DMC1 was that it was a vengeance tale. Dante already gets his vengeance in DmC meaning they can't go through the events of DMC1 again. Resurrecting Mundus again would make a DMC1 remake in the DmC universe look like a retread.

However, I feel like they can still make a "DMC3 remake" using the DmC universe. All they have to do is make the Force Edge like a secret omnipotent weapon of Sparda that he never really used and sealed away. Vergil learns of it during his adventures in the DmC DLC or sometime afterwards and pieces together the fact that he needs Dante's amulet. Bring in Lady + Arkham and it's a full on reboot. The only thing they would have to modify is the ending because it ends with Vergil facing off against Mundus one last time.

The whole Dante being Angel thing doesn't really impact the story greatly at least in DmC.

Risette

A Good Citizen
MGR helped me accept the death of DMC as i know it. Its pushing action games forward in ways that DMC used to..

I loved DMC because of a combination of qualities, not just the impeccable engine, but the character design and environment aesthetic as well.. If they release a DmC2 i'll not buy that one either, as i'm sure NT will shoehorn new social commentary and edgy shock value moments that i want no part of while keeping combat as pedestrian as possible..

i don't even have enough negative energy to hope it fails. Besides, Carpcom has made it obvious the past is moot in favor of what they perceive as a wider market. That always works out for the best.

/epilogue
such as

Dahbomb

HSID wasn't the first DMC3 combo video, it was one by Brea. It was mostly combos on Abyss enemies since starting out we didn't know of the Hell Sloth spawning chamber.

I tried to find but couldn't. If I see it I will know that it is the one.

I thought the combo video was nice, he was doing a lot of multi weapon enemy step combos even incorporating in Eryx. Needs more Aquila and Kablooey stuff though. Definitely not bad for a first video.

FaintDeftone

Is there any sort of precedent for games unlocking at noon on Steam?

Seriously, who the fuck does that.

According to Steam, this game will not release in EST until 2pm Friday. This seriously better not be right. They've already made us wait another week to play the damn thing; the least they could do is unlock it at a decent time.

V_Arnold

Also, true DmC combo videos start with working on at least 3-4 dudes at the same time. This is not a single-mob combo type game, imho.

Someone juggle a lot of enemies while moving between the air and the ground in full style, and THEN the madness starts :D

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I wonder what the first DMC3 combo video looked like.

A better comparison would be DMC4, actually, since DMC3 spawned a lot of the enemy step techniques that everyone now knows, DMC4 was the first time the community really dove right into a new game with previous knowledge.

That said, this was the earliest video I could find on Youtube, uploaded February 18, 2008:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mXttAy_v8SQ

Game was released on January 31, 2008.

People were pretty obsessed with playing around with the Bringer mechanic since it was so new to the series.

Top Bottom