• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Prey 2 cancelled, official statement due next week [Up: ZeniMax: No comment.]

Status
Not open for further replies.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Gemüsepizza;36294576 said:
What? Why? The title was announced for PC, too. The lead graphics programmer of Human Head Studios talked about some DX11 stuff on twitter in his recent tweets a few days ago. It would be quite easy to shift development to next gen.

https://twitter.com/#!/BrianKaris

so you propose to release it on PC and then 1-2 years later on next-gen consoles? MAKES PERFECT SENSE.

MMaRsu

Banned

Wow dude what the fuck

2py40fcjpg.gif

4man9ub.gif

jerryleaves.gif

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It was bound to happen. Most interesting game in the last 5 years. The industry can't accept such quality anymore.

Well that fucking sucks, everything I'd heard about this game sounded really awesome. Maybe they were having a hard time getting all the pieces together into a cohesive experience.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Gemüsepizza;36294762 said:
But why won't they just say it is cancelled, if it is cancelled? Would they be allowed to say if it is now a PS4 or a Xbox 720 title or would there be an NDA?

They denied Doom 4's cancellation after a few hours every time the rumor happened.

Zeliard

Gemüsepizza;36294762 said:
But why won't they just say it is cancelled, if it is cancelled? Would they be allowed to say if it is now a PS4 or a Xbox 720 title?

It's basically a PR thing at this point. They have to be careful with how they word things before divulging information on a cancellation to the public.

ctrayne

I don't understand why there can't be more transparency between devs and the public. Companies like CDPR and Eidos Montreal were pretty decent about lettings us know what was going on.

Why can't Zenimax just get out with it? Lawyers? Shareholders?

It's basically a PR thing at this point. They have to be careful with how they word things before divulging information on a cancellation to the public.

Bleh.

Zoibie

Maybe Prey 2 was canceled only in name, and instead they are getting rid of all ties to Prey and making a new IP out of it for Next Gen systems?

Maybe?

Human Head hasn't updated their website since E3 last year...

We can only hope. Just think how good this would look with Samaritan or UE4 (still would rather have it now.)

GeoramA

Better be a good fucking reason if this is true. Hope it's not like Eight Days, which was canned for fucking EyePet shit.

I am extremely skeptical of that news report and will wait for concrete details before crying into my pillow.

The "no comment" tweet from Bethesda screams, yep, it's cancelled. If it wasn't cancelled you'd think they'd tweet something like "That's crazy talk. Of course it's not cancelled".

this was one of the few games I was really excited for.

might as well cancel thief 4 and dishonored. I can finally move on from video games to building ships in bottles.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Looking through LinkedIn, their HR manager left in January and their Audio Director left in February to go work on iOS titles for Disney.

Not good signs.

Did it ever occur to you simple folk that they learned lessons from the Doom 4 leak and decided that if a rumor or alleged leak pops up on the net they told all of their employees to just take a "no comment" stance?

Did it ever occur to you simple folk that they learned lessons from the Doom 4 leak and decided that if a rumor or alleged leak pops up on the net they told all of their employees to just take a "no comment" stance?

Yeah, hence the digging.

Looking through LinkedIn, their HR manager left in January and their Audio Director left in February to go work on iOS titles for Disney.

Not good signs.

"simple folk", smh

Jarmel

Banned
Why not pump a bunch of money into this? Mass Effect is done. You have a rather large audience where you could craft a high quality science fiction narrative with RPG-lite elements. Halo isn't going to scratch that itch and it would be rather easy to market a game like this as a darker successor to the ME franchise if done right.

ctrayne

Yeah, a Sleeping Dogs situation would be awesome. It could even come out on the other side with a cooler name like SD did.

Not getting my hopes up though, that was a rare scenario.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Gemüsepizza;36294860 said:
No. But the fact that it was to be released on PC means that the graphics would be good enough for a release on a next gen console.

I can't understand you. They have to release it this year or just cancel it. Because they can't just finish it and put it on hold because a lot of stuff can happen in two years.

Why are you even talking about PC. 95% of current multiplatform games are released on PC, it doesn't mean that their graphics are good enough for next-gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom