• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Boot Screen

UNCMark

Banned
Is this even real? That's completely different from this

ibgfs3CkGUPTHP.gif

Hard boot vs wake up from sleep

newsguy

My Samsung has some weird hdmi thing where it stays on black for a ccouple of seconds when I turn on my consoles. This boot is do fast I'll never actually see it.

DesertFox

Very nice. I hope that is real time to dash and not a simulation. If so, huge improvement on boot time over Xbox 360.

edit: Nevermind it's fake... but the real one still boots up nice and fast!

Bsigg12

My Samsung has some weird hdmi thing where it stays on black for a ccouple of seconds when I turn on my consoles. This boot is do fast I'll never actually see it.

It's typical HDMI handshake shit. My Sony does the same thing so by the time it gets to my 360, I'm staring at a Halo 3 background with the spinning loading thing.

antronoid

Looks cool, but I think it's either fake or an old build as the UI looks different to the screenshots and videos they have been sharing lately.

nynt9

Looks really nice. The logo is super snazzy and just feels quality.

However, they had said that you won't see any ads when you boot up to the home screen, and the "recommended" stuff that is 1/3 of the screen is basically ads. What's up with that?

UNCMark

Banned
Why would a hard boot have a completely different look? The UI shouldn't appear differently. The layout is completely different. Fonts and colors. Open your eyes.

Was referring to the fact that it played the Xbox logo/sound in one video, and not in the other. Not hard to discern why they'd be different. No reason to do that if you're waking from sleep. My eyes are fully open.

PS3 is always on too, well it has a stand by mode and a main switch on the back.

It also has a Welcome Back screen.

Awwww, why'd it have to be a fake?! Whomever designed that, though, did an awesome job. I like how it mimics the 360's boot, all while making it fancy and new for the new gen.

Tsundere

Banned
I can't believe anyone believed this was real, look at the terrible blurred reflections underneath the metro tiles.

Acccent

Please don't update the OP. I wonder how many pages it will take for people to stop posting about it as if it was real.

Bsigg12

I was hoping for a matte black feel similar to the Day One box packaging for the boot up screen, but I'll take this.

That would be interesting. A Day One boot up, that you can change if you don't want it, that is matte black and silver with green accents? That could be really cool.

Top Bottom