• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Should I feel guilty for bulk downvoting every MMO / F2P game on Greenlight? Because that's what I've been doing since the beginning.
You are doing well. Please also vote down tower defense games, games featuring zombies, and first person games where nothing happens.

zychi

Banned
You guys got any recommendations for a mechanical keyboard? My crappy Dell keyboard I've been using for years just died on me. And now I'm using an Apple Bluetooth keyboard and this is not acceptable for gaming.

I just vote for what I like and would actually buy at this point. Exception being great ideas or execution that I wouldn't buy, but that I think should be available.

but there is a lot of junk on greenlight, in every genre.

Overdoziz

Banned
gameplay is weak and repetitive.

story is OMGAWESOMEYOUGUYS and the atmosphere is godlike. dat darkness.

hopefully new games in the series will have even better lighting to play with, give that darkness its life for realsies. ^_^
I wish the game would allow you to play on the hardest difficulty straight away. (Every game should) Makes the combat a lot more interesting because you simply don't have enough ammunition to take down all enemies so you end up having to run towards the lights more often. I say that as someone who didn't mind the combat at all, though. I liked the lights mechanic and the shooting felt satisfying to me. Still, hardest difficulty without HUD is the way to go.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
You guys got any recommendations for a mechanical keyboard? My crappy Dell keyboard I've been using for years just died on me. And now I'm using an Apple Bluetooth keyboard and this is not acceptable for gaming.

It's hard to say what switch type you should go with because everyone likes something different, but Filco is the best Cherry switch based brand if you can find it/afford it. I've heard that Rosewill's mechanical is a Filco without the branding but I'm not 100% on that. Leopold is second, save for a particular model with a squishy spacebar. CoolerMaster has a great one out too.

Stop on by the Mechanical Keyboards thread, there's plenty of useful information there!

Addnan

Should I feel guilty for bulk downvoting every MMO / F2P game on Greenlight? Because that's what I've been doing since the beginning.

I can't downvote anything. I feel bad, someone paid to get on green light and then is working on the game. I'll vote for games I want, shitty games just ignore.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
New additions (approximate Paypal prices):

Hey man, thanks for posting these. It's nice to see the deals filtered to the ones that give Steam keys. I bought Lost Planet 2 for a buddy of mine last night, and now I'm having to let him login with my secondary account to download it. I don't want to bother with any more Nuuvem downloads, but this is still an awesome sale.

Grief.exe

DAS
WASD
Filco
Rosewill
Steelseries
Leopold
Cooler Master

zychi

Banned
It's hard to say what switch type you should go with because everyone likes something different, but Filco is the best Cherry switch based brand if you can find it/afford it. I've heard that Rosewill's mechanical is a Filco without the branding but I'm not 100% on that. Leopold is second, save for a particular model with a squishy spacebar. CoolerMaster has a great one out too.

Stop on by the Mechanical Keyboards thread, there's plenty of useful information there!

Thank you!

Grief.exe

Best Registry App title I have seen yet

http://steamdb.info/app/215260/#section_history

SVj9lN4.png

Dice

Why isn't MK9 on the Steam store yet? That's odd...
I assume you mean for preorder? Possibly because it comes out July 3rd but the summer sale will be going on then so they're just going to pretend it doesn't exist until the sale is over, but then we can't be sure.

Does anyone know where the cheapest place is to get the complete GTA package? I missed it a couple of months back. Any chance it might be in the steam sale - what with it only being cheap a few weeks ago? Thanks.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Looked through the thread but only saw Tomb Raider mentioned in passing, so thought I'd list these out. This thread is moving so fast lately:

[Getgames]

Reminder that these deals will be ending soon, and it's been several days since I listed them:

[Gamestop]

Metalmarc

Does anyone know where the cheapest place is to get the complete GTA package? I missed it a couple of months back. Any chance it might be in the steam sale - what with it only being cheap a few weeks ago? Thanks.

if you wait you will probably get it real cheap in the summer sale even thought it was cheap the other week ago

Gbraga

I have a Steam account and love it but I do not have a GFWL account. I hear so much complaining about it though. What's the issue with it?

To give you an example, GFWL decided that since I got myself a new PC last year, my key was no longer attached to my account (???????????), so if I want to play SSF IV again I have to buy it one more time.

The_Monk

And another game finished from the Backlog my fellow GAFfers:

k55i4N1.png

It was a nice journey but for me, the prize goes for the amazing Soundtrack.

FYC

Banned

Aww, I want more MMOs / F2P MMOs on Steam :(

Are there any games similar to Shank 2 on Steam? 2D beat 'em ups with a combo system that is

I just realized we are already a quarter of the way through this thread. Its only 10 days old.

At this rate, we will be done by the end of July. Of course, the summer sale will temporarily stave off this thread's death.

I blame the noobs.

*cough*

You guys got any recommendations for a mechanical keyboard?

What is this 'mechanical keyboard' of which you speak and why should I care?!

Um, k; you just totally answered my question before I asked it.

Thanks?

Thanks.

To give you an example, GFWL decided that since I got myself a new PC last year, my key was no longer attached to my account (???????????), so if I want to play SSF IV again I have to buy it one more time.

I think that would inspire me to hate something for all eternity.

*note to self: never EVER buy something that relies on GFWL*

Looked through the thread but only saw Tomb Raider mentioned in passing, so thought I'd list these out. This thread is moving so fast lately:

[Getgames]

Reminder that these deals will be ending soon, and it's been several days since I listed them:

[Gamestop]

:eek:

If those prices translate to the UK I shall love you forever!

Well until the transactions go through anyway.

EDIT - excuse me Mr Gamestop for being so frightfully forward but bearing in mind that those offers are not available in my particular part of terra firma [which seems oxymoronic given that we live in a one world economy, in a contemporaneous sense], I wonder if you would be so kind as to FUCK OFF!

Dice

Can somebody tell me about Endless Space? It LOOKS cool, but I worry about a remorse purchase..
Reviews I checked out said it was pretty cool but that there isn't enough unit variation between races. Like, they look different and how they attack looks different, but they don't really have too many unique abilities and dynamics to them that change how you need to play. It's mostly just stat-boosting so encounters and overall playthroughs ending up being similar to each other.

legacyzero

Banned
SIt's a pretty good 4X game, but it has a terrible UI.

Reviews I checked out said it was pretty cool but that there isn't enough unit variation between races. Like, they look different and how they attack looks different, but they don't really have too many unique abilities and dynamics to them that change how you need to play. It's mostly just stat-boosting so encounters and overall playthroughs ending up being similar to each other.

Hmmm.. I might just pick it up! Thanks! $10 ain't so bad, right?

Or should I wait for Summer Sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom