• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AC Unity Patch 4 is now rolling out

Sami+

have you played it?
He has defied the council twice already in my play, and is more charismatic then Ezio,(Ezio was mainly cocky)
I'd say the only main difference is Ezio didn't really have anyone to answer to and was a bit of a playboy, while Arno has the council to answer to and loves Elise.
I think this is more to do with idolising Ezio character more then him being a better character,you even said Arno thinks there's one pussy in the world, why does that matter?people write off Connor for the same reason when he wasn't any different to Ezio as a mature man in Rev .
Young Ezio was a bit of dick, but I think that what people liked, yeah his a cool assassin that does what he wants and gets the ladies.
But yeah, I respect your opinion too, but I think they're the same, Arno kinda reminds me of PoP with his remarks and that's where the added character comes from over Ezio imo

Arno just reminds me of a Marvel movie protagonist. He quips, he's sarcastic, but there's not much to him beyond that. Nothing ever phases him, which is boring. He never gets angry, or sad, or happy, or anything. He's kind of dull.

I liked Altair and Ezio a lot better, honestly.

Ateron

How come the same patch is 6.5GB on one console and 40 on the other? That's the full game, ffs. Gotta be a mistake, right? O_O

hamchan

Arno just reminds me of a Marvel movie protagonist. He quips, he's sarcastic, but there's not much to him beyond that. Nothing ever phases him, which is dull. He never gets angry, or sad, or happy, or anything. He's kind of dull.

I liked Altair and Ezio a lot better, honestly.

Arno seems like the Ezio archetype version 2, except with extremely rushed build up and character development.

J-Spot

xbox one owners of digital copy

This is going to sound stupid but here goes

Uninstall entire game.

Reinstall.

I updated patch and got to 10% in an hour with 500 down and about 30 up

Uninstalled, reinstalled and now i am downloading/installing a GB every 40 seconds. I'm at 21% at 9 minutes or so
You probably just connected to a better server.

Chabbles

I've put about 10 hours into this the last few days on PS4, and found the framerate manageable, but the npc pop-in was really bugging me. After the patch it seems much worse. Am i the only one seeing this ?, whole groups of npcs popping in everywhere and their shadows, building textures in the distance and shit on the street popping in around every corner. I just had a group of npc's pop in as i ran into them.(Gif below)

If you haven't patched your game yet, and aren't bothered about the framerate as much as the pop in, dont download this shit.

Heres a webm of the pop in after the patch
http://a.pomf.se/iqfuzc.webm

ignor_by_chabbles-d8a3ukh.gif

WinterX

Banned
I've put about 10 hours into this the last few days on PS4, and found the framerate manageable, but the npc pop-in was really bugging me. After the patch it seems much worse. Am i the only one seeing this ?, whole groups of npcs popping in everywhere and their shadows, building textures in the distance and shit on the street popping in around every corner. I just had a group of npc's pop in as i ran into them.(Gif below)

If you haven't patched your game yet, and aren't bothered about the framerate as much as the pop in, dont download this shit.

You're not alone. This npc stuff is just pissing me off. Next gen, yea right.

Jomjom

Banned

Oh shit if you didn't say anything I would have just thought it was some weird animus crap.

Ubi should just explain all the glitches as "weird animus crap".

Wow, this game should not even be released yet. This could have done with a few more months in the oven...but I guess they would have missed the holiday period sales if they did that, and we all know how much Ubisoft values profit over giving their customers a quality product.

I, like a few others in this thread, were going to wait and see if this patch improved things before buying this game. But that's looking less and less likely. I think I'm about ready to give up on Ubisoft completely.

Chabbles

Oh shit if you didn't say anything I would have just thought it was some weird animus crap.

Ubi should just explain all the glitches as "weird animus crap".

You can see when the npc's pop-in in that gif, how ubi programmed some little visual effect as they materialize, like they anticipated the pop in, and tried to make it look cool.

Ugh, I was at 50% but deleted it and uninstalled to try that "trick". Now it's the same speed and I started all over. I dun goofed lol.

Back to Kalimba -.-

sn00zer

You can see when the npc's pop-in in that gif, how ubi programmed some little visual effect as they materialize, like they anticipated the pop in, and tried to make it look cool.

Woooooooooow....... youre so right...jeezus that in and of itself deserves a thread
EDIT: On second thought that is a good method to use....the game was released in such a fucked up state, that not everything could be fixed, its a decent quick fix

Blackthorn

"hello?" "this is vagina"
We heard your complaints about NPC "pop in" issues loud and clear. As part of our ongoing dedication to quality control, we've made them flash blue.

UnrealEck

They should just reduce the number of NPCs. The hardware's obviously not able to handle what the game's asking. I'm not sure where else the problem would lie other than the NPC counts.

rBose

Banned
Hey guyz da gamum is moar cinametic dat way hurr durr durr

This piece of shit was released as a fucking alpha build and still is in development

benzy

Yup, I thought the same when I played earlier. I still don't believe Ubi about the massive number of NPC's not causing the framerate dips.

WinterX

Banned
Hey guyz da gamum is moar cinametic dat way hurr durr durr

This piece of shit was released as a fucking alpha build and still is in development
I'm afraid it's not in development anymore. They finished their works and now focus on a newer beta of AC Victory.

P.S: Maybe this is somehow connected with the end of the world? I think Ubisoft is just a cover for the NWO theory :p

It amazes me that they took the time and effort to create a little animation/effect for NPC pop-in, instead of taking the time and effort to make sure that it doesn't happen as often.

post-38816-Doc-Rivers-Dumbfounded-Disbeli-SVhg.gif

^^^ This GIF pretty much sums up how I feel towards Ubisoft lately.

kevin1025

Banned
40GB for a stability update is impossible. It must be a rewrite of the install or something like that instead. If the game is truly 90GB now, I don't even know what to think anymore.

III-V

The best part is that the pop in happens at player contact with the NPC. Almost as if the player had not come inot contact with them, they might have never been rendered at all.

J-Spot

40GB for a stability update is impossible. It must be a rewrite of the install or something like that instead. If the game is truly 90GB now, I don't even know what to think anymore.

This is the way the XBox One handles patching. You're downloading large packet files that had modifications done to them which in this case is pretty much everything. The PS4 just downloads the data that has been changed.

Kssio_Aug

This is the way the XBox One handles patching. You're downloading large packet files that had modifications done to them which in this case is pretty much everything. The PS4 just downloads the data that has been changed.

Where have you read that? Because that is the 1st time I download a patch like that, so I'd call that bs. Hopefully, you're wrong!

Woorloog

Banned

Didn't the old-gen consoles do things exactly other way around, with the PS3 having to download enormous patches and the 360 having rather small patches almost always?

J-Spot

Where have you read that? Because that is the 1st time I download a patch like that, so I'd call that bs. Hopefully, you're wrong!
I thought this was common knowledge? 40GB is particularly bad but there have been other cases of games having huge patches on XB1 compared to PS4. Sniper Elite 3 had that 16GB patch on XBox vs 500MB on PS4.

RowdyReverb

I'm surprised XB1 owners are trying to download the 40GB patch at all. Why not just wait until they put the correct version up?

Piggus

Still going on about the resolution thing even though neither of these consoles can hold at a stable 30 unless indoors?

Man, I give up trying to teach you people that THE GAME IS CPU BOUND and resolution has practically NOTHING TO DO WITH THE CPU.

If Ubi wanted the game to be 1080p on PS4, they could make it happen with relative ease. I cannot believe there are so many people who believe Ubosoft's bullshit excuses.

They wanted visual parity and they're sticking with it. That's the truth.

see5harp

I thought this was common knowledge? 40GB is particularly bad but there have been other cases of games having huge patches on XB1 compared to PS4. Sniper Elite 3 had that 16GB patch on XBox vs 500MB on PS4.

I've had some huge patches, but it was always for games that were sorta messed up. I don't think anyone has confirmed that the patch system is broken like last gen ps3.

kevin1025

Banned
I'm happy this is going to be a Christmas game. Patch 6 should be awesome!

But honestly, it's a hard debate to make, NPC's popping in via the Animus type apparitions vs. frame rate. When they're popping in feet away like they are in the webm, that's a problem, but if it's in the distance, that isn't so bad. Performance of playing the actual game should take precedent.

Top Bottom