• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atleast 189 dead after Terror Attack in Mogadishu

BajiBoxer

Banned
Also, CNN's website sucks. The "Top Stories" block of headlines is 3 sections down. Somalia is the second story on there, just under the election of a conservative as Austria's chancellor, and just above the California wildfires. Everything above that is politics.

TheDanger

Banned
I do suppose African news coverage also focuses more on Africa just like Western news coverage focuses more on news from western countries. With a death toll like this there definitely should be more coverage though.

I do suppose African news coverage also focuses more on Africa just like Western news coverage focuses more on news from western countries. With a death toll like this there definitely should be more coverage though.
US news just focuses on America and Western White Europe. Mexico and Canada doesn't exist outside of how cute Justin Trudeau is or the bloodlusting border hoppers coming to take white jobs.

What the fuck. That's an insanely huge number of people.

This is horrendous. I can't comprehend what causes men or women to do such horrifying acts.

276 now? just awful, downright awful. May the victims rest in peace and those affected heal. Just senseless terror. Makes me so sad.

Awful and terrifying.
I don't know how brainwashed one must be to justify evil acts like this. Harming completely unaware bystanders, many of them are innocent children.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
I’m so sick of this shit. Literally have had stray thoughts about withdrawing from society. It just seems like a lost cause anymore.

Hope the victims’ families find some fucking peace. Fucking disgusting and senseless.

Tosyn_88

One of the worst things that's happened to the world is dumping major war stock piles in poor areas. All those post war soviet AK's and post Iraq IEDs. It's also not helpful when there's gun runners willing to sell anything under the sun, a situation which means that the arms industry have purpose to build more guns and the perpetual cycle continues.

Lum1n3s

Just saw this pop up on the local news channel here in the US and can't believe it. Over 300 dead is just insane =(.

Dan1984uk

Banned
RIP to all those who died, such a tragic waste of life. I feel bad as I did not even know this had happened until just a few minutes ago when I saw this thread.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I wonder how it would be if we lived ina world where Al Qaida was never conceived.
RIP

You don't want to ask that question, because it brings up where and how Al Qaeda's formation started in the first place.

All we can do now is hopefully learn some lessons IMO

slider

This is crazy! Why isn't this being reported more? Have world leaders said anything yet? Ugh!

I've only really seen continuing coverage on al Jazeera. But that was a day or so ago.

I take it al Shabaab haven't claimed responsibility? Probably fucked up the execution of their already heinous plan (assuming it was them... and they haven't claimed responsibility or blame hasn't been apportioned).

Anyway, if you "walk" around Mogadishu, or Hargeisa for that matter, the last thing normal folk would think is "this place needs someone to fuck things up". Evil. RIP to the victims.

Septic360

Banned
Yeah the news coverage, comparative to other recent attacks is no where even close.

RIP to the victims. Absolutely disgusting

Top Bottom