• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

October Wrasslin' |OT| I'm seein' double here...

The big problem with ROH is the deal they have with NJPW.

The ROH/NJPW has been highly entertaining for me. I try to not miss a show. I think it's been great for ROH especially.

They should just merge and ROH should be NJPW arm into western markets. That's something they are trying to do anyway.

Will he be aiming a nes Zapper at them?

fa331d909c37d5bf73babe5fe3c380da--smiles-and-laughs-my-sunshine.jpg

And the big dog will come up laughing.

The big problem with ROH is the deal they have with NJPW.

You mean the thing that's given them access to an immense amount of drawing talent and give their guys exposure and experience with amazing talent in Japan?

How is their deal with NJPW a problem?

You realize Cody and The Bucks can only be Bullet Club in ROH because of that deal eh?

Gonna be on a hunting vacation the rest of this week. Gonna SHOOT on some birds

You just turned heel on me.

Hurry with the rival promotion Sunny.

RoH problem is that they do not invest anymore in forming great talent. They just rather make money from their seminars than shape the future stars.

*looks at roster where a big angle is Bully Ray constantly retiring and unretiring* Ah yes, it's New Japan that's actually the problem here
A highlight of Sunday is Bully Ray giving this big long emotional speech, followed by intermission announcements saying "IDK, MAYBE IT'S HIS LAST MEET AND GREET? MAYBE YOU WANNA MEET HIM, FOR MAYBE THE LAST TIME? IDK?"

klonere

Banned
*looks at roster where a big angle is Bully Ray constantly retiring and unretiring* Ah yes, it's New Japan that's actually the problem here

I mean ROH are exploiting the "I boo Roman Reigns at WWE shows" pretty well. I think they can ride that wave for a while, especially with WWE playing along with them so nicely.

Foggy

I'm generally pretty pessimistic on most things in life and this just feels like we are standing at the edge of a bubble bursting on the indies with ex WWE trying to cash in.

How weird is that sentence. WWE guys trying to cash in on the indies and Japan.

I honestly don't really disagree. You can already sense the squeeze with everyone and their mother having a pivotshare and wrestling fans having bottomless pockets for t-shirts but not for monthly access to the graps.

But ultimately, when there's only one viable long-term option out there and you have no clear path(politically or otherwise) to take advantage of those benefits, it's in yours and most others' best interests to see what can be done elsewhere.

Jericho on Neville said:
It doesn't surprise me - first of all, I also heard that he did not walk out of Raw, I heard he was never at Raw in the first place and that he had basically given his notice before that - It doesn’t surprise me because I think a guy like Neville... he wasn't really getting his shot in the WWE, and the cruiserweight thing is fine but let's be honest, it is what it is. I think there's a lot higher potential for a guy like Neville in the ring and also as a character.

So it doesn’t surprise me, and I’m not sure exactly what the reasons for him leaving are, but if he left you know that he's gonna be one of those guys that’s sort of like Cody Rhodes, guys like the Young Bucks and Will Ospreay and Marty Scurll that are making a choice not to be in WWE and proving that it's not the be-all, end-all if you're not there. I mean, look at Tommy (Dreamer) with House Of Hardcore, very successful outside of the reins of the WWE.

It's a big step, it's like walking off the side of a building and being told that there's a net at the bottom, but you can't see it. So you don't know for sure if he's making the right decision as of right now. But talent-wise, character-wise and intelligence-wise, he's got all three of those things. So he's not making this decision lightly, and I think wherever he ends up he'll be probably a bigger star now than he was before - just by getting a bigger opportunity.

Nocturnowl, I posted the JoMo flip gif in the thread but search is down. :(
I really wonder how they're going to book Jinder vs Brock. If they want to get the absolute most out of Jinder's popularity in India, they'd book him to beat Lesnar. Make him an unquestioned hero to over a billion people for the rest of his career. I could see Roman screwing Brock to help Jinder win, adding more fuel to their feud. I could also see Roman and someone from Smackdown screwing both (match ending in a draw) to set up WrestleMania programs. Really curious to see how this goes. Also curious as to who beats him at WrestleMania for the belt. I'd like if they'd pick someone that could do a lot of good being the face of a brand in the real world climate we're in. Anyone from The New Day would make a great champion, though I'd like to see Big E win. Bring back his five count.

The 5 count was dumb as hell, but Big E as champ could be great. Kofi too.

Maybe he got legit shooked from watching "The Birds".

It’s a tale filled with tragedy. Pull up a seat.

Years ago while I was but a young lad attending the higher education, I would have to walk three blocks to get to campus . The place was littered with trees vacated with birds that seemingly thought I gave two shits that their babies and nests were littered all over the place. All I heard, every day for three years while on that campus, were the warning chirps followed by birds making dive attacks at me to protect their youngins. This is twenty years ago and I can still hear those chirps man. Birds are fucking evil

Not everyone can just leave and make more in the indys. There isn't a demand for Curt Hawkins for example.

Hero should have stayed in the indys. NXT all but killed his heat.

Raw64life

I don't really watch ROH but I went to War of the Worlds 2014 and it wasn't even funny how outclassed and amateur the ROH guys looked compared to the NJPW guys. The only guy who looked like he could hang was Kevin Steen and he was off to WWE a couple months later.

Foggy

I don't really watch ROH but I went to War of the Worlds 2014 and it wasn't even funny how outclassed and amateur the ROH guys looked compared to the NJPW guys. The only guy who looked like he could hang was Kevin Steen and he was off to WWE a couple months later.

Have you heard the good word about The Dawgs?

Not everyone can just leave and make more in the indys. There isn't a demand for Curt Hawkins for example.

Hero should have stayed in the indys. NXT all but killed his heat.

I do not understand why Hero went back to WWE if he already knows how thing works there. Unless he was promised a championship or was offered a future job as trainer when he retires, it makes no sense. Specially since he was one of the hottest acts on the indies, having 4*+ matches with everyones (minus Cody) and probably one of the best payed indy wrestlers.

klonere

Banned
I do not understand why Hero went back to WWE if he already knows how thing works there. Unless he was promised a championship or was offered a future job as trainer when he retires, it makes no sense. Specially since he was one of the hottest acts on the indies, having 4*+ matches with everyones (minus Cody) and probably one of the best payed indy wrestlers.

I think the training is what attracted Hero.

Now how long a guy as passionate and opinionated as him will last in that system remains to be seen. But if Sami Zayn can survive, I expect Hero to do just fine.

Foggy

You could also get the sense that Hero's body was starting to break down. Last year definitely felt like his last ride.

Draxal

He got the Trainer/Wrestler role that Rocky Romero would have gotten if he bounced to the WWE.

Got my tickets to the Raw house show Dec 3rd in Anaheim. Sitting on the aisle, hopefully Roman will give me another fist bump like he did at the last house show I went to in Los Angeles.

Side note it's amazing how good Roman's booking has been since Mania... dude is kinda the anti-Cena.. rather than killing Braun dead like Cena has in the past he elevated Braun significantly.

Dude is also probably top 5 at selling

Glad to see you're repping the Roman War Wagon

I can't deny that in some sort of herd mentality sense that it isn't fun as fuck to boo him though and I'm kind of ashamed to admit I did in Toronto (then again he was against Braun and like Braun is the best) mostly because it was fun to be part of that.

But once the got away from Reigns being booked well like Cena he's been great. His promo style is great, dude seems like a nice guy who also happens to be blunt and sarcastic and sometimes a bit of a dick (but not in a fuck you you're awful sort of way)... and that's clearly what they've let him be.

The problem is NJPW and not the complete garbage they have surrounding it?

The ROH/NJPW has been highly entertaining for me. I try to not miss a show. I think it's been great for ROH especially.

They should just merge and ROH should be NJPW arm into western markets. That's something they are trying to do anyway.

You mean the thing that's given them access to an immense amount of drawing talent and give their guys exposure and experience with amazing talent in Japan?

How is their deal with NJPW a problem?

You realize Cody and The Bucks can only be Bullet Club in ROH because of that deal eh?

I guess I'm wrong here.

Top Bottom