• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

MMA |OT3| When you lose you're a can, when you win you're unstoppable.

DKehoe

The UFC is such a joke. Nick Diaz got a 300k bonus for showing up to the 143 press conference. Meanwhile the majority of the roster gets paid in peanuts and has no problems staying out of trouble.

Could they draw like Nick Diaz has the potential to though? Did Nick really get a bonus for turning up to a press conference? That's pretty great.

TheNatural

My Member!
As expected. chicken shit passed off as chicken salad and Brazil is none the wiser. I think the UFC seems very comfortable feeding Brazil lackluster cards as long as they're pulling in those monster gates. UFC Rio: Aldo vs. Mendes, never forget.

Joe and Dana will just yell louder to compensate. All is well.

Honestly I'm surprised how Brazil hasn't become a haven for BadMMA with that fanbase. Why couldn't the Gracies start their own federation and have Royce and Renzo and others go out there and put on stadium shows against old washed up legends?

TheNatural

My Member!
Since I'm carrying the torch here while Ninja, Poly, and others are out - I'm going to exercise my creative control clause for this thread, brotha, and call out dream.

That's right dream, I'm calling you out dude. You're a two faced snake in the grass who has more posts in horribad Kane hentai loving May wrasslin thread than all of OT3. I want my MMA related wall of text-doom, especially with all the bad gate, ratings, and Brock drama lately - WHERE IS IT DAMNIT?

Heel, you're on watch as well, closing in on 100 posts in May wrasslin thread and taking a dump in this thread with your fantasy e-fed GIFs.

Can't wait until Ninja comes back, I'll gladly hand him the can of spraypaint and wreak havoc on this thread once again.

5S5Gw.gif

Since I'm carrying the torch here while Ninja, Poly, and others are out - I'm going to exercise my creative control clause for this thread, brotha, and call out dream.

That's right dream, I'm calling you out dude. You're a two faced snake in the grass who has more posts in horribad Kane hentai loving May wrasslin thread than all of OT3. I want my MMA related wall of text-doom, especially with all the bad gate, ratings, and Brock drama lately - WHERE IS IT DAMNIT?

Heel, you're on watch as well, closing in on 100 posts in May wrasslin thread and taking a dump in this thread with your fantasy e-fed GIFs.

Can't wait until Ninja comes back, I'll gladly hand him the can of spraypaint and wreak havoc on this thread once again.

http://i.imgur.com/5S5Gw.gif[/img[/QUOTE]

Difference between you and Ninja is Ninja is funny.

sazabirules

Unconfirmed Member
Gravedigger saved himself from getting laid on by Davis. He is hurt so now Phil Davis is fighting a new prospect named Wagner Prado.

TheNatural

My Member!
Gravedigger saved himself from getting laid on by Davis. He is hurt so now Phil Davis is fighting a new prospect named Wagner Prado.

Who isn't hurt in UFC these days? I mean, shit.

Maybe if guys would take fights on quicker notice while they're there instead of these long ass buildup training camps, this shit wouldn't happen.

dream

I do agree that it is obvious he has problems. That is a very astute observation, Captain.

By the way, I just wrote this for you:

Yet another big story from the show didn’t involve a participant on the show. Lesnar, with a purpose that perhaps only he really knows, texted Dana White about ten days before the show, asking him if could come, and schedule a meeting to talk potentially about returning.

White said Lesnar wanted to keep his attending a secret, so he never spoke about it. The day before the show, we had heard rumors that feelers had been sent by the Lesnar camp about returning, and questioning what that meant about his WWE relationship. Lesnar didn’t show up until right before the main event started. He was shown on camera, and had Mir actually won the title, we perhaps would have seen even more.

At the post-fight press conference, White explained the details of Lesnar coming, said they were going to have a meeting later that night. He expressed interest in Lesnar returning, posing the question as to whether Lesnar, who turns 35 in July, could still be a top five heavyweight. He reversed a previous position, saying he was open to using Lesnar even though Lesnar was under contract with the WWE at the same time. White had nixed Lesnar appearing at WrestleMania in 2011, saying he felt it would confuse the audience. He said he believes the audience is smart enough to know the difference between pro wrestling and UFC.

Lesnar’s deal with WWE specifies exclusivity during the year duration, so Vince McMahon would have to approve him doing UFC. Keep in mind Lesnar had a similar deal in UFC in 2010, but still negotiated with McMahon for The Undertaker angle for the 2011 WrestleMania, shooting the first part of it the angle without White agreeing to let him do the match, and the match didn’t happen that year.

At this point one would think that would be the last thing McMahon would want was to risk a planned WrestleMania headliner beating beaten up badly in a real fight while under contract, let alone risking injury. The only exception to that rule would be if McMahon had already soured on Lesnar due to the Extreme Rules numbers and was trying to get out of the deal, but there is no indication that’s the case. While Lesnar could likely draw another big number on PPV, or FOX, he is used to making millions, and he’d have to be able to perform at the top tier level to be able to drive the kind of revenue to earn the money he’s done in the past. But perhaps a comeback fight would be a big deal, as MMA fans are very forgiving of losses, and Chuck Liddell drew big after a string of a lot more knockout losses than Lesnar had.

It appears from the outside this was simply a publicity stunt by Lesnar, that had nothing to do with either McMahon or White, as White, all smiles when talking about Lesnar right before the meeting, indicated the next day that negotiations did not go well.

Perhaps Lesnar was trying to send a message to McMahon that he has options the rest of McMahon’s wrestlers don’t. Perhaps he was just trying to get some mainstream publicity to sell his angle that he’s fired from WWE and having news that he’s negotiating for a UFC return sells that storyline. Clearly, if McMahon was in on it, he’d have acknowledged what happened on his web site and his television show. He did neither. In fact, Lesnar’s name was never spoken on the 5/28 Raw. White isn’t going to put over a publicity stunt by Lesnar to take one iota of media attention away from Dos Santos and Velasquez unless he thought at that moment that he had a good shot at bringing Lesnar back.

From what we’ve been able to find out, McMahon was not behind this, and White had nothing to gain from putting over a McMahon angle. Lesnar, who doesn’t travel anywhere for business unless there is a good reason, obviously had a game plan in mind. And it may not be about now, but may be about April 2013, when his WWE deal expires.

Heel

Excellent write-up, dream. Personally I think the meeting did not go well because Mir did not end up winning the title. The avenue for Brock to serpentine his way to the UFC gold has closed.

TommyToeHold owns it this week..Man Understands BadMMA
http://youtu.be/pi4BdG6AeNw

Rick Franklin is in UFC limbo..this is what happens when your the company man..you get fucking nothing.
190LB Catchweight bout that does what..waste of time.

Ace got Silva'd.

Look at all his previous opponents. Their souls have been crushed and they were reduced to irrelevancy. Forrest, Leites, Maia and so on. Hendo was the only survivor.

Wand is beating Franklin. The first fight was close and Wand can breathe better now. Franklin also has not fought in a year 1/2 and will have sever ring rust, not to mention he looked horrible in his last fight. Wand will also have home court advantage.

Wand via Ax Murder

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Given the way GAF was crapping itself today, I guess we should prepare to be in Nerd Chat throughout E3 next week.

At this point one would think that would be the last thing McMahon would want was to risk a planned WrestleMania headliner beating beaten up badly in a real fight while under contract, let alone risking injury.

This is what I was saying. No way Vince would risk Brock catching another legit beating in the octagon when he has a Wrestlemania main event on the line.

RBH

Netflix announced Monday the expansion of its Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) content and coverage in Canada, tapping into a large fan base.

Canadian Netflix subscribers will now have the opportunity to watch a wide variety of recent and classic UFC events, highlights series, and the popular reality television show "The Ultimate Fighter," on the company’s streaming service.

UFC is a universally recognized event, and the world’s premier mixed martial arts (MMA) organization, producing more than 30 live events each year.

UFC is also the largest Pay-Per-View event provider in the world. Its programming is broadcast in over 149 countries and territories to nearly one billion homes worldwide.

"Canada has a long tradition of support for MMA and we've been working with the UFC for some time to bring their world leading premium content to Netflix," said Netflix’s vice president of content acquisition, Jason Ropell.

"We're thrilled to be able to give Canadian members a much deeper offering of UFC content ranging from classic fights, and popular compilations, to recent events, some as recent as 90 days following their PPV airing."

The new content will include a selection of fights and shows featuring some of the sports' biggest names such as Georges St-Pierre, Anderson Silva, Jon Jones and Canadians Mark Hominick, Rory MacDonald and Sam Stout.

The mixed martial arts world is certainly attracting viewers, as Canadian producer and distributor of home entertainment content Digital Shelf Space Corp. (CVE:DSS) reported earlier this month that its GSP RUSHFIT DVD series reached the No. 2 spot on Amazon.com’s exercise and fitness top rated product list.

The company’s home workout GSP RUSHFIT series, which features Mixed Martial Arts welterweight world champion George St- Pierre, has been listed on Amazon.com for less than five months.

The DVD fitness series has exploded in popularity since launching in December 2010, with international distribution taking off.

Netflix said that popular UFC compilation series will also be added to its coverage, including selections from UFC Best Of, Ultimate KO, 100 Greatest Moments, Ultimate Heavyweights, and the documentary Bad Blood.
http://www.proactiveinvestors.com/c...flix-expands-ufc-coverge-in-canada-29692.html

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
I wonder who will be fighting Cung Le at 148, or if he'll be removed from the card completely.

Top Bottom