• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cheap Arse Gaffer |Europe| With Or Without EU

AerialAir

Banned
FF12 remaster is €22.83 atm, think it'll ever go cheaper, like FF10/10-2 levels or should I buy it now, considering it'll be put to backlog?

Edit: I guess I'll wait than, for reference though, that price is at base.

Intel_89

FF12 remaster is €22.83 atm, think it'll ever go cheaper, like FF10/10-2 levels or should I buy it now, considering it'll be put to backlog?

If it was the steelbook version I'd say go for it, if it's just going to sit in your backlog you might as well wait a while longer. Like FFX HD the game will be dirt cheap in due time.

JP

GameSeek have been pretty decent for me, over the past few weeks I've managed to get F1 2017, Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite and Arms. It's best not to expect to get one of the deals and it's also worth trying before they've gone active because I got Marvel Vs Capcom about 20 minutes before the deal went live.
Just got Metro: Exodus on PS4 too. It's one of their newer higher priced sales prices which have been appearing lately of £34.74. Not quite as interesting as their £25 or £30 discounts but still a damn good price for a major PS4 release.

They also have Anthem on PS4 at the same price which I'd happily pay for but you have to wait 24 hours after getting a Cyclonic Deal. As I found out in the past, you don't even have to buy them to be locked out for 24 hours, it happens when you successfully add one of them to your basket.

Éire GAF, any good prices on PS Plus around since the price hike? Forgot to stock up and now that my current sub has lapsed I'm finding it hard to swallow the new 60€ price tag. Pretty sure it was 35€ in Smyths back in June, should have jumped on it then :(

Is the BBFC in the UK doing video game ratings again or is it just for old games they rated?

Because my Resident Evil 4 PS4 copy i got from Base has the BBFC rating on the box instead of Pegi.

It looks like it is also appearing on the rerelease of LA Noire.

H1PSTER

I'm after a decent deal on the Switch... The games I'm most interested in too are BoTW and Rabbids.

I'd also like new joycons and a pro controller too but I'm also happy to look at any cheap games you guys can find.

I'm googling the heck out of it but I don't know what I've missed, amazon seems okay priced but I think there's better that I've overlooked.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Is the BBFC in the UK doing video game ratings again or is it just for old games they rated?

Because my Resident Evil 4 PS4 copy i got from Base has the BBFC rating on the box instead of Pegi.

The first signs that we're taking back control!

popo

If it is a rerelease they likely just use whatever classification it got the first time around, rather than resubmit.

TheMoon

If it is a rerelease they likely just use whatever classification it got the first time around, rather than resubmit.

Exactly. This is how we managed to get the single Wii U game with a BBFC rating this year, when Darksiders Warmastered Edition came out.

NateDog

Éire GAF, any good prices on PS Plus around since the price hike? Forgot to stock up and now that my current sub has lapsed I'm finding it hard to swallow the new 60€ price tag. Pretty sure it was 35€ in Smyths back in June, should have jumped on it then :(
It was that price almost everywhere for a week or so in Europe at least as part of a Sony deal.

But you're in luck as Argos still have stock for €48, checked and still at least a few places with it in stock.

I'm after a decent deal on the Switch... The games I'm most interested in too are BoTW and Rabbids.

I'd also like new joycons and a pro controller too but I'm also happy to look at any cheap games you guys can find.

You'd have to wait a bit for delivery, but if you throw all that in a basket at Very and open a new credit account, they'll give you 20% off.

I'd be surprised if you can get that stuff cheaper.

Zafir

I'm pretty sure Gameseeks cyclonic deals are broken 99% the time.

I managed to get one thing in my cart, wouldn't let me complete the order because for some reason it thought it was £0.

Managed to get another thing in my cart a bit after, went straight into checkout after snapping it up, and it had been forcibly removed from my basket.

JP

GameSeek have been pretty decent for me, over the past few weeks I've managed to get F1 2017, Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite and Arms. It's best not to expect to get one of the deals and it's also worth trying before they've gone active because I got Marvel Vs Capcom about 20 minutes before the deal went live.

Just got Metro: Exodus on PS4 too. It's one of their newer higher priced sales prices which have been appearing lately of £34.74. Not quite as interesting as their £25 or £30 discounts but still a damn good price for a major PS4 release.

They also have Anthem on PS4 at the same price which I'd happily pay for but you have to wait 24 hours after getting a Cyclonic Deal. As I found out in the past, you don't even have to buy them to be locked out for 24 hours, it happens when you successfully add one of them to your basket.
I really seem to be on a roll now, just bought Middle Earth: Shadow of War on PS4 for £29.99 from GameSeek.

EDIT:
Just seen this.
I'm pretty sure Gameseeks cyclonic deals are broken 99% the time.

I managed to get one thing in my cart, wouldn't let me complete the order because for some reason it thought it was £0.

Managed to get another thing in my cart a bit after, went straight into checkout after snapping it up, and it had been forcibly removed from my basket.
I've had that happen to me too. I think the only reason that I've been so lucky is that I'll try buying the deals whenever I'm online, I also don't just try the deals marked as live I'll try deals that aren't shown as live because they're timing can be off, it seems.

It seems to be working because over the past couple of weeks I've been able to get F1 2017 (PS4), Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite (PS4), Arms (Switch), Metro: Exodus (PS4) and Middle Earth: Shadow of War (PS4) but I suppose if you were to check that against the number of times I've tried, it would be pretty low.

Zafir

I really seem to be on a roll now, just bought Middle Earth: Shadow of War on PS4 for £29.99 from GameSeek.

EDIT:
Just seen this.

I've had that happen to me too. I think the only reason that I've been so lucky is that I'll try buying the deals whenever I'm online, I also don't just try the deals marked as live I'll try deals that aren't shown as live because they're timing can be off, it seems.

It seems to be working because over the past couple of weeks I've been able to get F1 2017 (PS4), Marvel Vs Capcom: Infinite (PS4), Arms (Switch), Metro: Exodus (PS4) and Middle Earth: Shadow of War (PS4) but I suppose if you were to check that against the number of times I've tried, it would be pretty low.

Oh I've gotten a few in the past, Pokken and Destiny 2 PC a while back and Marvel vs Capcom not long back. That said, MvC hasn't even shipped despite having came out yesterday, so I guess they aren't the best if you're impatient.

Also after I posted I did actually manage to get AC:O. I'll bite for £30, probably wouldn't have otherwise.

Protome

The only Cyclonic deal I've managed to get on Gameseek was Xenoverse 2 earlier this week. And that was only because all the timers on their site broke and every cyclonic deal became available for about an hour or so.

Zafir

The only Cyclonic deal I've managed to get on Gameseek was Xenoverse 2 earlier this week. And that was only because all the timers on their site broke and every cyclonic deal became available for about an hour or so.

That happened today, I'm pretty sure that's the only reason I got AC:O.

JP

Oh I've gotten a few in the past, Pokken and Destiny 2 PC a while back and Marvel vs Capcom not long back. That said, MvC hasn't even shipped despite having came out yesterday, so I guess they aren't the best if you're impatient.

Also after I posted I did actually manage to get AC:O. I'll bite for £30, probably wouldn't have otherwise.
I'm not sure why but they've always listed this Friday as the release date for Marvel Vs Capcom, I've just checked and they still have a release date of the 22nd so I'm expecting it to be dispatched then. I've also gone for the free postage which is estimated as 3-5 working days but I'm only really getting them from there because of the discounts.

These are my first blu-ray based games on the PS4, apart from Puyo Puyo Tetris which I bought for almost nothing from a friend who didn't like it. None of the games that I've bought there are games that I would even be considering buying at launch and would happily have waited months for them to end up discounted in a PSN sale but for the asking price, it seems silly not to buy them really and because I'm not desperate for them it's not worth me using anything but the free postage.

They aren't ideal for everything but I will keep popping and seeing what I can pick up for cheap.

EDIT:
All the sales om the site are listed as live again, I can't try anything though because it's been less than 24 hours. IIt may be a good time for people to try though.

eltercero

I got it for 20€ at release from amazon.es, not sure why it was cheaper there to begin with but it's not a big drop.

I think that was already a sale, it released at 30€.

If did start off at a budget price mind, so it's not a massive drop in price.

Yeah, but I think that Nintendo games only have this kind of price drops when they sell poorly, like Codename STEAM.

Shiggy

Here's the price history for Rhythm Paradise Megamix on Amazon.es
screenshot2017-09-21ajysa3.png

Where's the cheapest place in the UK for a standard version of MvC Infinite on PS4?
I was gonna get the deluxe version, but if I can get a refund from the Fortnite thing, I'll just buy the season pass on top of the standard version.

SRV

Where's the cheapest place in the UK for a standard version of MvC Infinite on PS4?
I was gonna get the deluxe version, but if I can get a refund from the Fortnite thing, I'll just buy the season pass on top of the standard version.

Got mine from Smyths for £34.99 if that helps you any.

pbsapeer

Banned
Was ready to buy resident evil since it's like £17 but got some amazon vouchers so why not buy from there?

prime subscribers only. Cunts.

oldmario

Was ready to buy resident evil since it's like £17 but got some amazon vouchers so why not buy from there?

prime subscribers only. Cunts.

might as well spend the extra £13 and get the gold edition out in December, that comes with all the dlc on disc i think

Ladekabel

What is the cheapest place where I can get Yakuza Zero, pay with PayPal and that ships to Germany? I saw that Zavvi had it for something like 25€ but it's sold out.

Intel_89

What is the cheapest place where I can get Yakuza Zero, pay with PayPal and that ships to Germany? I saw that Zavvi had it for something like 25€ but it's sold out.

Spanish Amazon has it for 25e + shipping, can’t seem to find it at a lower price anywhere atm.

Top Bottom