• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC TV Off-Season - Crisis on Infinite Reruns

Joni

The problem is that they wanted to start Laurel with the relationship drama. That would have hampered anyone in that role. And Sara is a bit like Felicity. We get so much of her because we like her so much, neither wouldn't have been cast as the 'star' like Katie Cassidy was.

shingi70

Banned
I didn't see it posted here, but according to the comics alliance article on the Ray being in the JLA book, the CW is casting it's voice actor to appear in one of the live action series.

Penguin

I didn't see it posted here, but according to the comics alliance article on the Ray being in the JLA book, the CW is casting it's voice actor to appear in one of the live action series.

I think they did the same with Vixen

Cast them with the potential to appear in live-action

Though based on timeline he wouldn't appear until maybe... Spring of 2018

Platy

If it is anything like season 1, I will wait someone to compile everything on a gif since it was not worth the trouble of VPNing

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
If it is like last year, nothing.

I literally only remember two things about "Season" 1 of Vixen. Flash & Arrow were in it briefly, and she got coffee with her dad. And the last part I'm not even 100% sure on, that could've been from the Batwoman parts of Batman: Bad Blood.

Joni

I literally only remember two things about "Season" 1 of Vixen. Flash & Arrow were in it briefly, and she got coffee with her dad. And the last part I'm not even 100% sure on, that could've been from the Batwoman parts of Batman: Bad Blood.
She ran, she beat up some thugs, she cared a lot about her jewels. They really need to bundle this with something on DVDs.

ZeroX03

Banned
If they couldn't bother for Batman: The Killing Joke, it will take a while before they do that again.

I suspect they feel that live action shows are a better investment for creating mindshare over animation, but it really wouldn't hurt to get some quality animated shows. A lot of goodwill created from the DCAU and other shows in the 90s and 00s up to Young Justice. Now it's mostly about toys for tots. And that cool initiative for girls, which is still low budget and pushing toys.

Joni

Does America still have an action cartoon culture even? In the old days morning television was endless imported American cartoons like batman and spiderman, or even more random stuff like action man. But nowadays here they just do anime and those old cartoons.

Ross61

I suspect they feel that live action shows are a better investment for creating mindshare over animation, but it really wouldn't hurt to get some quality animated shows. A lot of goodwill created from the DCAU and other shows in the 90s and 00s up to Young Justice. Now it's mostly about toys for tots. And that cool initiative for girls, which is still low budget and pushing toys.

Aren't the return profits dwindling? Why pump more money into something thats giving you less and less money.

Supergirl s2: dropping on US Netflix tomorrow May 30th
Flash s3: May 31st
Arrow s5: June 1st

Looking forward to catching up, fell behind during the first half of the seasons. Decided just to wait until they finished.

IconGrist

Supergirl s2: dropping on US Netflix tomorrow May 30th
Flash s3: May 31st
Arrow s5: June 1st

Looking forward to catching up, fell behind during the first half of the seasons. Decided just to wait until they finished.

Nice. Had to drop the shows due to a major interruption in my free time so very happy about that Netflix deal.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
First eps of DC shows to air all the same week this fall

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/cw-sets-consolidated-fall-premiere-schedule-1011499

MONDAY, OCTOBER 9

8:00-9:00pm SUPERGIRL (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm VALOR (Series Premiere)

TUESDAY, OCTOBER 10

8:00-9:00pm THE FLASH (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm DC'S LEGENDS OF TOMORROW (Season Premiere)

WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 11

8:00-9:00pm RIVERDALE (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm DYNASTY (Series Premiere)

THURSDAY, OCTOBER 12

8:00-9:00pm SUPERNATURAL (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm ARROW (Season Premiere)

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 13

8:00-9:00pm CRAZY EX-GIRLFRIEND (Season Premiere)
9:00-10:00pm JANE THE VIRGIN (Season Premiere)

Dammit, forgot Arrow moved to Thursdays. Now I have nothing to watch on Wednesday nights.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Where is that other DC series about super dad ?

Black Lightning is a mid-season, so expect it to start airing early next year.

My guess is that they'll launch it after the Flash once Legends finishes up its run.

Xenoboy

How would you all feel if we got a time skip, like Jane the Virgin for the new seasons?
It'd work considering what happened in the finale of Arrow and Flash.
I wouldn't be against it

Cast him as Zod.

I was thinking that but they already have a Zod right? He appeared at the end of last season's Supergirl.

They could find a way to work him in as Lex. Now that would be something lol. It doesn't make sense, I know. The dude looks more Superman than Lex but it would be a dumb and hilarious entrance into the Flarrowverse.

ZeroX03

Banned
Erica Durance (Smallville's Lois Lane) is taking over the role of Alura Zor-El (Kara's mom) in the third season of Supergirl, according to TV Line: http://tvline.com/2017/07/07/supergirl-spoilers-erica-durance-season-3-recast-laura-benanti/

My first instinct was "she's not old enough", but Erica Durance is actually older than Laura Benanti. Wild.

The guy they'd cast as Zod was a one scene nobody. Easily replaced.

Smallville cast still getting the scraps with a recast and Mystique lite lol. Looking forward to Tom Welling playing Jor El in whatever Super-show we get in the 2020s.

My first instinct was "she's not old enough", but Erica Durance is actually older than Laura Benanti. Wild.

The guy they'd cast as Zod was a one scene nobody. Easily replaced.

Smallville cast still getting the scraps with a recast and Mystique lite lol. Looking forward to Tom Welling playing Jor El in whatever Super-show we get in the 2020s.

Ok. Then we still have a chance!

Actors from Smallville who definitely need to show up in the Arrowverse -

John Glover, Michael Rosenbaum, Alison Mack, Tom Welling, Justin Hartley (why hasn't he been on Arrow yet?), John Schneider and Annette O'Toole

Other ones who could be fun, but are less necessary -

Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy), Keri Lynn Pratt (Cat Grant), Kyle Gallner (Impulse), Elise Gatien (Mia/Speedy) , Phil Morris (J'onn), Cassidy Freeman (Tess Mercer, aka Lutessa Lena Luthor), Alaina Huffman (Black Canary), Michael Shanks (Hawkman), and maybe Callum Blue (Zod)

No need for Lana to show up, ever.

ZeroX03

Banned

John Glover, Michael Rosenbaum, Alison Mack, Tom Welling, Justin Hartley (why hasn't he been on Arrow yet?), John Schneider and Annette O'Toole

ThisIsUs_Logo_620x349.jpg

LionPride

Banned

Other ones who could be fun, but are less necessary -

Aaron Ashmore (Jimmy), Keri Lynn Pratt (Cat Grant), Kyle Gallner (Impulse), Elise Gatien (Mia/Speedy) , Phil Morris (J'onn), Cassidy Freeman (Tess Mercer, aka Lutessa Lena Luthor), Alaina Huffman (Black Canary), Michael Shanks (Hawkman), and maybe Callum Blue (Zod)

No need for Lana to show up, ever.

Glover yes, Rosenbaum yes, Mack no, Welling...sure, Harltey is busy with a great show, Schneider sure, O'Toole yeah, Freeman sure, Blue he ain't doin shit sure

ZeroX03

Banned
I've mentioned a few times, these shows aren't really big on Smallville legacy stuff because the producers are all a bit too old and already working when it originally aired. It's why they're bigger on stuff like The Flash (1990) and Lois & Clark, it's what they're nostalgic for so Smallville has been relegated to less prominent roles.

With Rosenbaum's extensive DC history he's well overdue too. Not sure how much of a role he'd want to take though, obviously Smallville was wearing on him.

Glover yes, Rosenbaum yes, Mack no, Welling...sure, Harltey is busy with a great show, Schneider sure, O'Toole yeah, Freeman sure, Blue he ain't doin shit sure

Constantly exposing yourself

LionPride

Banned
I've mentioned a few times, these shows aren't really big on Smallville legacy stuff because the producers are all a bit too old and already working when it originally aired. It's why they're bigger on stuff like The Flash (1990) and Lois & Clark, it's what they're nostalgic for so Smallville has been relegated to less prominent roles.

With Rosenbaum's extensive DC history he's well overdue too. Not sure how much of a role he'd want to take though, obviously Smallville was wearing on him.

Constantly exposing yourself
Not an Alison Mack fan *shrug*

Caught up with everything about a week back or so.

The Savitar reveal was a let down for me, thought it could have been cooler.

Legends was fun

Supergirl had a pretty good s2, enjoyed it way more then I expected.

Arrow, I enjoyed the new crew and chemistry. Prometheus was the best Villian of the shows this year in my opinion

Top Bottom