• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

Yeah, I can't bring myself to T2 Loki because (s)he's already doing great, after having no T2 for the longest time. It's a case of diminishing returns.

I finally T2ed Iron Fist in his Netflix uni and he's probably my strongest combat, or a close second to Carnage. Sorry BP.

I want to T2 either Gwenpool or Kate but maxing out their gears is such a slow grind, especially Gwen.

Which of the following Universals should I T2 next? They're just about all maxed out and ready to go:

Destroyer
Ghost Rider
Black Bolt
Throot
Floki
Jane

I'm really struggling to plough through Shadowland. I just play the first one for the BAM and give up now, it's just too much of a time sink.

Definitely go for Bolt and Jane. And T2 Ghost Rider before you T2 Loki. That'll do much more for you across all modes. Also if the early floors of SL are proving tough even for your T2s, you probably need to show your cards some love.

Definitely go for Bolt and Jane. And T2 Ghost Rider before you T2 Loki. That'll do much more for you across all modes. Also if the early floors of SL are proving tough even for your T2s, you probably need to show your cards some love.

I did wonder about my cards. Have the following set up:

Loki rank 3
Battleworld rank 5
Black Widow rank 5
Marvel Zombies rank 3
Armour Wars rank 4

All six stars. Tried to rank up my Loki card by combing it with another six star card but it didn't do anything?

The Kree

Banned
Ugh my cards are a mess. I hate that mechanic so I never do enough upkeep.

It's necessary, unfortunately. I hate it too. If you got someone in your alliance or on your friends list who can open high level dimension rifts during hot times, you can get 2* and 3* card drops more frequently, which eases the pain a bit.

I can't get past Shadowland 19 for the past month even though I always have a handful of T2s left over when I get there. This week my options are Speed Relay, Villain Relay, and Villain Wave. The only bosses I have left at six stars are Ultron, Kingpin, and Venom, and they can't get it done. I have T2 Silk who does great damage paired with Deathlok's leadership in the Speed Relay, but she dies if I take more than two hits. I feel like the later floors in general have villain heavy requirements, but they're always used up by the time they get there. Seems like the only place left for me to go is to level up the Black Order, which I know is going to be a drag.

I know it's exactly why I struggle with SL too. I've mostly been working on 6/6ing as many heroes as I can so I have more fodder to throw at it but I definitely need to work on my cards to make real progress.

If you want a nice headstart​ on your card loadout without too much rerolling, I recommend building a 4* Groot #5 and 4* Avengers #318. You can get them from Groot and Nebula's rifts respectably.

For Groot #5 try to get these options:

Energy Attack
Cooldown Duration

For Avengers #318:

All Attack
Cooldown Duration

Those stats along with their natural Ignore Defense boosts should give a nice boost while you work on your other cards.

The Kree

Banned
Do you think there's a way to clear a Hulk rumble with Ancient One? Seems like that's the only thing I can't clear with him.

Wtf, I just combined my rank three 6 star Loki card with another 6 star card and the rank LOWERED to two.
What's the point in combining cards if doesn't improve them?? So not only have I just lost a six star card that took me weeks to create, my Loki card is now worse? What a fucking stupid system.

So how do I raise a card's rank?

The Kree

Banned
You mean the quality number took a dive. Yeah, it's random by design so the quality can go up or down. Like, if you have a five star high quality card it's generally not worth the risk to upgrade any further.

Do you think there's a way to clear a Hulk rumble with Ancient One? Seems like that's the only thing I can't clear with him.
That's exactly what I use my AO on. AO is an amazing tank whose biggest issue is dealing enough damage to clear the floor in 3 minutes, but with this rumble, they all keep running toward her and take damage from everything.

I have the Swilton uniform and the invincibility + invisibility skill is running 95% of the time.

The Kree

Banned
I don't have the uniform, so maybe that makes a difference. They kept killing him in less than 30 seconds. I was able to beat the fireteam relay on floor 19 this morning using him, with only one second to spare, and that was after like five or six tries. I can't maximize his stats any further at the moment, but all his gears are at 20, attack set, etc.

Wtf, I just combined my rank three 6 star Loki card with another 6 star card and the rank LOWERED to two.
What's the point in combining cards if doesn't improve them?? So not only have I just lost a six star card that took me weeks to create, my Loki card is now worse? What a fucking stupid system.

Never combine or upgrade an item that you have equipped in this game. That goes for everything (cards, obelisks, ISO, etc.).

I don't have the uniform, so maybe that makes a difference. They kept killing him in less than 30 seconds. I was able to beat the fireteam relay on floor 19 this morning using him, with only one second to spare, and that was after like five or six tries. I can't maximize his stats any further at the moment, but all his gears are at 20, attack set, etc.

Do you have a damage increase obelisks along with high SCD? The latter will make it so you're always invincible, and the former gives you the damage boost you need to kill them all.

The Kree

Banned
Yeah, the obelisk I have equipped says 200% of energy attack increase. I guess cooldown could be faster.

Also, you said the other day that Hulkbuster's uniform would give his skills stun effects. I'm not seeing that in action.

Yeah, the obelisk I have equipped says 200% of energy attack increase. I guess cooldown could be faster.

Also, you said the other day that Hulkbuster's uniform would give his skills stun effects. I'm not seeing that in action.

For the obelisk, I mean the one that increases the damage of one of your attacks, not the energy damage proc. As for HB's uniform, his attacks cause hit stun, which prevents the enemy from doing anything as long as you're attacking them.

The quality level only affects the two fixed stats. It is in your best interest to ignore quality. When you reroll and/or combine cards, you are trying to get optimal stats in the 4 random stats (in blue lettering). The quality is just a bonus and you will go crazy trying to get a high quality card AND good stats. If you are trying to get a good card, avoid stats such as resists, defense, movement speed, and HP. Instead, you want stats such as Phys/Energy Attack, All Attack, Ignore Defense, Attack Speed, and Crit rate/damage. And like frostinferno said, never combine/upgrade things that are equipped to your character. Do all your combining and upgrades within your inventory and equip them once you have what you want.

Right, so basically I am better off trying to create a card better than the Loki one I have equipped, and replacing it, than trying to upgrade it?

Right, so basically I am better off trying to create a card better than the Loki one I have equipped, and replacing it, than trying to upgrade it?

Loki card has potential. If your equipped Loki is 6 stars, go ahead and try to reroll it. What stats did you get on it? You could also grab some more Loki cards and work on them in the meantime. Upgrade a replacement Loki card until it hits 6 stars. If it still sucks at 6, use it as food to reroll your current card.

Last week I beat SL 15 for the first time. I tried to do so again this week, but came up just short.

- MODERN SIF, Angela, Coulson: Relay - Spidey
- T2 ANAD WASP, Blingpin, Ironman: Rumble - Rulk
- T2 ZOMBIE ELSA, Gamora, Gwenpool: Relay - Guardians
- T2 WEBBED SILK, Spidey, Gwen: Rumble - Wasp
- T2 LADY LOKI, Odin (1* 40), Hela: Relay - Ronan
- Luke Cage, T2 NETFLIX IRON FIST, Daredevil: Rumble - Widow
- T2 SHAROG, Captain America, Sharron Carter: Relay - Cap
- Ronan, CAR RIDER, T2 Destroyer: Relay - Ronan
- ROBBIE, Volstagg, Goblin: Relay - Winter Cap
- T2 JANE, Wong, Kaecilus: Boss - Lady Loki
- PROXIMA, Glaive (1* 40), Thanos (1* 40): Rumble - Ultron
- T2 ANAD YELLOWJACKET, Goliath, Ant-Man: Rumble - Hulks
- MOVIE STRANGE, Hellstorm, Wiccan: Boss - Destroyer
- She Hulk, T2 MU CHO, Hulk: Boss - Iron Fist

First character listed = Captain
CAPS = Character played

My choices for 15 this week are:
* Boss - Rocket
* Boss - Destroyer (Villains advantage)
* Boss - Lady Loki

Left over T2s:
Throot
Black Hulkbuster
SpiDoc

I can't pull it off. :/

My choices for 15 this week are:
* Boss - Rocket
* Boss - Destroyer (Villains advantage)
* Boss - Lady Loki

Left over T2s:
Throot
Black Hulkbuster
SpiDoc

I can't pull it off. :/

Do you have Bullseye ranked up/mastered, or have the means to? Bullseye lead with T2 Hulkbuster and Throot (to keep HB alive) should be able to take the Rocket boss one.

Do you have Bullseye ranked up/mastered, or have the means to? Bullseye lead with T2 Hulkbuster and Throot (to keep HB alive) should be able to take the Rocket boss one.

I just 6/6'd Bullseye to try this team, but, unfortunately, it didn't make a lick of difference. I can't do jack squat in damage to Rocket. As soon as he uses Groot he is back to full health again.

Edit: I tried with a 20'd Mariachi Kamala and did better, but still was only able to get him down to half health before the timer ran out. I could T2 her, but IDK if that's worth it or not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The Kree

Banned
I feel like Shadowland is programmed to look at your remaining roster as you get higher up and then fuck you over by deliberately giving you impossible obstacles.

I somehow made it to Floor 23 with 3 T2s left over - Sharon, Moon Knight, and White Tiger - and the fucking stage is She-Hulk and Jessica Jones reflecting physical attacks.

Suck all of my dick, Netmarble. Honestly.

I feel like Shadowland is programmed to look at your remaining roster as you get higher up and then fuck you over by deliberately giving you impossible obstacles.

I somehow made it to Floor 23 with 3 T2s left over - Sharon, Moon Knight, and White Tiger - and the fucking stage is She-Hulk and Jessica Jones reflecting physical attacks.

Suck all of my dick, Netmarble. Honestly.

It's funny you say that because floors 21-25 are set fights.

Ok, so I have Thor, (F)Loki, Crystal, Ant-Man, Hulkbuster, Wiccan and Hela all ready to upgrade to Tier 2. I already have:

Speed - Spider-Man, Silk, Kate Bishop, and Elsa Bloodstone
Blast - Quake, Dr. Strange, Enchantress, Sharon Rogers and Songbird
Combat - Iron Fist and Moon Knight
Universal - Captain Marvel and Hellstorm

So I obviously need more combat and universal T2 characters, but which out of these 7 are the best?

Ok, so I have Thor, (F)Loki, Crystal, Ant-Man, Hulkbuster, Wiccan and Hela all ready to upgrade to Tier 2. I already have:

So I obviously need more combat and universal T2 characters, but which out of these 7 are the best?

Thor and Loki are the standouts as characters that are good by themselves. I wouldn't recommend T2-ing Ant-Man, Crystal, or Hela. Hulkbuster and Wiccan are good, but with support.

The Kree

Banned

Assuming you're building a Shadowland roster, here are my thoughts. Crystal, Floki, and Wiccan can already clear floors at T1 with the proper team bonuses. Ant-Man is useless outside of Timeline. Hela is only really useful for her leadership. Thor would probably benefit the most from going to T2 but his Unworthy uniform is apparently the more relevant upgrade. I can't get a handle on Hulkbuster for some reason.

So Timeline... are people attempting to use the recommended characters or just rolling with their usual teams? Are the bonuses worth it?

Edit: Got Dormammu to 4* mastery, was excited about my two 180 bio selectors but they weren't selectors, they gave me bios for Coulson and Drax :/

Since we got T2 talk going on, here's my Roster and options:

Roster:
Universal - Proxima, Jane, Lady Loki, Throot, Prometheus Destroyer
Blast - Movie Strange, Sharon Rogers, MN Yellowjacket, ANAD Wasp
Power - Netflix Iron Fist, Armored Cho, Black Hulkbuster, SpiDoc
Speed - Zombies Elsa, Webbed Silk

Options:
Universal - Unworthy Thor, Car Rider, Robbie, Black Bolt, Annihilation Ronan, Hellstorm, Satana, Ultron, Hela
Blast - Ancient One, Songbird, Blingpin, CW War Machine, CW Iron Man, Quake, Wiccan, Coulson, Star-Lord, Lash, Red Skull, M.O.D.O.K.
Power - Modern Sif, Netflix Luke Cage, Netflix Punisher, Goliath, Moon Knight, Panther, Venom, Nebula, Deathlok, Drax
Speed - Karachi Kamala, ANAD Gamora, SW Widow, ANAD Spider-Man, CW Ant-Man, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Elektra, Goblin, Yondu, Agent 13, Mockingbird

I'm thinking do Kamala now and Thor when the next ticket comes, but I'm not certain. I can handle all other content fine, so my focus is building my Shadowlands roster.

So Timeline... are people attempting to use the recommended characters or just rolling with their usual teams? Are the bonuses worth it?
I roll with Movie Strange + T2 Wasp + Bonus Unit to solo all the battles w/ Status Immune Strange.

The Kree

Banned
I do use the recommended characters in Timeline, but I couldn't tell you what the difference is because I don't pay close attention to the payouts. I'm only spending the tokens on Norn stones at this point.

Since we got T2 talk going on, here's my Roster and options:

Roster:
Universal - Proxima, Jane, Lady Loki, Throot, Prometheus Destroyer
Blast - Movie Strange, Sharon Rogers, MN Yellowjacket, ANAD Wasp
Power - Netflix Iron Fist, Armored Cho, Black Hulkbuster, SpiDoc
Speed - Zombies Elsa, Webbed Silk

Options:
Universal - Unworthy Thor, Car Rider, Robbie, Black Bolt, Annihilation Ronan, Hellstorm, Satana, Ultron, Hela
Blast - Ancient One, Songbird, Blingpin, CW War Machine, CW Iron Man, Quake, Wiccan, Coulson, Star-Lord, Lash, Red Skull, M.O.D.O.K.
Power - Modern Sif, Netflix Luke Cage, Netflix Punisher, Goliath, Moon Knight, Panther, Venom, Nebula, Deathlok, Drax
Speed - Karachi Kamala, ANAD Gamora, SW Widow, ANAD Spider-Man, CW Ant-Man, Gwenpool, Squirrel Girl, Elektra, Goblin, Yondu, Agent 13, Mockingbird

I'm thinking do Kamala now and Thor when the next ticket comes, but I'm not certain. I can handle all other content fine, so my focus is building my Shadowlands roster.

Black Bolt (especially with new uniform), Moon Knight, and Kamala are your biggest T2 upgrades here. They go from minimal early floor clearing to easy solos on even later floors. Thor, Gwenpool, and Luke (only for physical stages though) are good secondary upgrades. And then there's Coulson, who is a must have support T2. His buff will easily boost you to a floor clear wherever it's applicable.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Might as well throw in my T2 roster:

Have -
Universal: Loki, Hellstorm
Power: Iron Fist, Hulk Buster, Carnage, Moon Knight
Blast: Crystal, Yellow Jacket, Strange, Enchantress, Sharon
Speed: Silk, Gwenpool, Kate

Options -
Universal: Thor, Ultron, Jane, Ronan, Hyperion, Robbie, Vision, etc.
Power: Captain America, Luke Cage, Cho (monsters Uni), War Wolf, etc.
Blast: Moongirl, Sister Grimm, Blingpin, Inferno, Wasp, Iron Man, War Machine, etc.
Speed: Elsa, Daredevil, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, etc.

Drayco21

Guardians 2 is the 3.0 update

Mantis will be rad:

1491891219777.jpg

HYPETRAIN is boarding now folks, get your tickets.

So what can we expect?

Seven new uniforms: The main five, Yondu and Nebula are all potential, obvious choices.

uE5zZrG.jpg

C89ciFMXkAAQ5IU.jpg

Hopefully some much needed skill changes to buff Rocket, Gamora, and Drax

giphy.gif

0asALCo.gif

417E7lUULjL._SY450_.jpg

If Funko made Drax with a gun, he WILL be using it in the movie.

New characters: Mantis for sure and Taserface likely. Possibly Ayesha, Ego, and Starhawk (Stallone's rumored role)? Not familiar with them enough to know if there are moveset possibilities there. Also, if the Dr. Strange movie update was anything to go by, there's a good chance we'll get some related comic additions as well. Maybe Adam Warlock, Howard the Duck, and/or Nova (meh, who am I kidding)?

H9V3XXZ-O_A.jpg

12780_GOTG2_TaserFace_POP_GLAM_HiResNOTTHISONE_1024x1024.jpg

xBAhyNd2THY.jpg

96QZq5A.jpg

Marvel-Comics-Guardians-of-the-Galaxy-Cover-Modern-Starhawk.jpg

Last but not least, New mode???:

This one is purely speculation, but a new mode called Alliance Conquest was datamined, with quite a bit of stuff from it being in the game files. I'd say that's a good sign that it's pretty close to being release ready. This is also how we'll get the Alliance Mementos we've been missing for leveling up our shop.

Or maybe we'll just get another mode entirely, possibly GotG themed. Either way, lots to be hyped about!

Drayco21

If we don't get Nova, Warlock, Phyla and Major Victory, with DnA uniforms for the Guardians, I riot.

I will never be happy with Cosmic Marvel again

Black Bolt (especially with new uniform), Moon Knight, and Kamala are your biggest T2 upgrades here. They go from minimal early floor clearing to easy solos on even later floors. Thor, Gwenpool, and Luke (only for physical stages though) are good secondary upgrades. And then there's Coulson, who is a must have support T2. His buff will easily boost you to a floor clear wherever it's applicable.
Thanks for the advice, I'll T2 Kamala right now and see if I can use her to beat Rocket 15 w/ her + Throot + Bullseye leader.

Thanks for the advice, I'll T2 Kamala right now and see if I can use her to beat Rocket 15 w/ her + Throot + Bullseye leader.

I absolutely CRUSHED Rocket 15 w/ T2 Karachi Kamala + Moon Girl (Bonus) + Bullseye (Leader). Kamala had him stunlocked the whole time doing a rotation of 5-4-1-2-3. So I had no Groot heals to worry about. Also, her damage output at T2 was a gigantic leap over her at T1. Thanks again for the advice!

New characters: Mantis for sure and Taserface likely. Possibly Ayesha, Ego, and Starhawk (Stallone's rumored role)? Not familiar with them enough to know if there are moveset possibilities there. Also, if the Dr. Strange movie update was anything to go by, there's a good chance we'll get some related comic additions as well. Maybe Adam Warlock, Howard the Duck, and/or Nova (meh, who am I kidding)?

If anything it'd probably be other Guardians of the Galaxy members, so Adam Warlock, Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Captain Universe, Major Victory/Vance Astro, Jack Flag, Bug, maybe even Cosmo. I also would consider a comic costume for Yondu to be a possibility if he doesn't get a movie one.

Ego I doubt will happen, though J'Son (Star-Lord's father in the books) with an Ego costume could be a thing. Ayesha and Starhawk both have a ton of potential. Ayesha is pretty much god tier in the books, and Starhawk is also really powerful.

If anything it'd probably be other Guardians of the Galaxy members, so Adam Warlock, Phyla-Vell, Moondragon, Captain Universe, Major Victory/Vance Astro, Jack Flag, Bug, maybe even Cosmo. I also would consider a comic costume for Yondu to be a possibility if he doesn't get a movie one.

Ego I doubt will happen, though J'Son (Star-Lord's father in the books) with an Ego costume could be a thing. Ayesha and Starhawk both have a ton of potential. Ayesha is pretty much god tier in the books, and Starhawk is also really powerful.

I haven't even heard of half those other Guardians. Man, so much potential. Regarding Yondu, he already has a comic costume in the game (ANAD I believe), so I'd expect either a movie one or just nothing.

I haven't even heard of half those other Guardians. Man, so much potential. Regarding Yondu, he already has a comic costume in the game (ANAD I believe), so I'd expect either a movie one or just nothing.

Moondragon is a telepath that can transform into a massive dragon. Phyla-Vell is the daughter of the original Captain Marvel and uses a cosmic sword, also was Quasar for a while. Captain Universe is basically a cosmic entity. Vance Astro is essentially Space Captain America. Jack Flag is essentially Space Union Jack. Bug is a Micronaut who uses a staff to fight. And Cosmo is a Russian psychic dog in a space suit, and he already made a cameo in GotG1's post-credits scene.

And I mean the original Yondu:

Top Bottom