• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Westworld Season 2 trailer

Abelard

Did anyone like this show in the beginning but hate it by the end? I thought it was brilliant at first, then by the last few episodes I thought it was stupid.

Sir Doom

MiB good to see he survived
giphy.gif
Ready for more Dolores

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Wooooooooooow. What a great trailer.

Season 1 blew me away. Season 2 is going to be incredible now that all the groundwork has been laid.

Fucking Dolores is going ham.

Is the asshole writer the only human in the trailer?
Strike team in the dune buggy with Bernard.

BadAss2961

Did anyone like this show in the beginning but hate it by the end? I thought it was brilliant at first, then by the last few episodes I thought it was stupid.
I didn't like any of it. Saw about 6 episodes, tried to like it, but just wasn't feeling it. Actually fell asleep on more than one occasion, and that never happens to me.

jett

D-Member
That was kinda odd.

I definitely won't be reading any GAF threads about season 2 this time around. :p

That was kinda odd.

I definitely won't be reading any GAF threads about season 2 this time around. :p

this

I didn't even read the OT until after I finished (i started after the show had already finished) and goddamn you guys guessed everything lol

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
this

I didn't even read the OT until after I finished (i started after the show had already finished) and goddamn you guys guessed everything lol

Some people bitched about this but, it's like, do we want shows that just have twists and don't even drop little clues here and there? People didn't figure out it out because it was obvious as hell, it's because it was thousands of people all looking at every single frame and figuring out the mystery together, most people don't read discussions and wouldn't have figured it out.

In one sense it was a bummer 'cus I know it was going to happen, but in the other, I was really impressed with how they had been subtly hinting at the truth the whole time.

Some people bitched about this but, it's like, do we want shows that just have twists and don't even drop little clues here and there? People didn't figure out it out because it was obvious as hell, it's because it was thousands of people all looking at every single frame and figuring out the mystery together, most people don't read discussions and wouldn't have figured it out.

In one sense it was a bummer 'cus I know it was going to happen, but in the other, I was really impressed with how they had been subtly hinting at the truth the whole time.
Oh I'm not mad about it, I think it's great. I'd just personally rather watch it blind and then go back and see what I missed or if I predicted correctly.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Oh I'm not mad about it, I think it's great. I'd just personally rather watch it blind and then go back and see what I missed or if I predicted correctly.

Oh yeah, I wasn't saying you were one of those people, since you said you didn't even follow the thread live, just talking about a annoyance of mine with how some people were faulting the show for them reading speculation.

_Ryo_

Wow.total surprise. Im certain HBO said that Westwolrd would be taking their time and wouldnt be back for a few years.

But its next year. Damn.

I'm not really sure where they could take this. I mean they really did explore a lot of themes in the first season so I don't know if they could break any new ground. The trailer just makes it seem like its just going to be a lot of killing without any mystery or reason attached to it.

Like, they can kill now but should they kill? Are they killing in order to get rid of any humans, or do they now kill anyone any time for whatever reason? is it an actual western story now where a drifter needs to come in and bring law and order? but if that were the case then they'd have shown that drifter...unless Bernard or the man in black are supposed to be that law element, but its not really that clear.

Top Bottom