• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Final Boss fight leaked

Of course it's out there, but wo de really need a thread about it?

Yes. Not just one thread, either. Several threads.

"Hyrule Warriors has a final boss fight"

"Ocarina of Time teased in new Zelda Musou game"

"
Beast Ganon
- Will he be in Smash?"

"What Ganondorf's hair might mean for the future of Zelda"

Kyo645

Banned
So 13 confirmed with a possible 16 total?

That is a LOW number.

one piece pirate warriors only had 13 characters to play, and that increased to 30 in the second one.

dynasty warriors gundam only had about 20 mobile suit units you could use, and the newest one (gundam reborn) has over a hundred units that you can choose from.

The first entry of a series always has a low character count. They want to see if it all works first before they go crazy with character rosters.

Not watching, but no surprises on who it is haha. Looking forward to trying it on Thursday.

Yes. Not just one thread, either. Several threads.

"Hyrule Warriors has a final boss fight"

"Ocarina of Time teased in new Zelda Musou game"

"
Beast Ganon
- Will he be in Smash?"

"What Ganondorf's hair might mean for the future of Zelda"

You can always PM a mod if you feel a thread isn't necessary, you know.

Mory Dunz

He looks like a skilled player playing on a low difficulty.
Before anyone asks...

On higher difficulties, the grunts don't really die in 1-2 hits. Sometimes it takes more than a full combo. And he was only at level 37 (right?).

Mendrox

Is the AI in musou games always this dead? Come and slaughter us bro!

Yes it always this bad. The fun in these games lies in the utterly ultra combos and the flashy moves. Nothing more. It's a genre which defines a whole niche of these games.

Ooccoo

This game looks so boring. I thought they could do so much more by having Zelda stuff but I guess no. I watched the boss fight since I lost all interest to buy the game now and boy does it look BAD. Doesn't help that most characters seem like they don't even fit in the game.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Player was playing on Normal difficulty. There is also Easy, Hard, and a 4th mode(probably Chaos or Hero).

I'm pretty sure Saria is a "loli" so that's a pretty odd thing to say.

They used the adult version of Ruto, so no.

This game looks so boring. I thought they could do so much more by having Zelda stuff but I guess no. I watched the boss fight since I lost all interest to buy the game now and boy does it look BAD. Doesn't help that most characters seem like they don't even fit in the game.

This. Literally all you do is mash buttons and beat on hoards of identical enemies. I'd be surprised if this gets above 70 on Metacritic.

Mesoian

one piece pirate warriors only had 13 characters to play, and that increased to 30 in the second one.

dynasty warriors gundam only had about 20 mobile suit units you could use, and the newest one (gundam reborn) has over a hundred units that you can choose from.

The first entry of a series always has a low character count. They want to see if it all works first before they go crazy with character rosters.

That doesn't make it any more acceptable. I don't think you'll find anyone out there that sees Pirate Warriors 1 as a good game. They're supposed to learn from their mistakes and find a good balance, not repeat them. I want to be excited for this game not be excited for the 2016 sequel.

Well I suppose it's better that this info is out NOW instead of making us wade through 13 story modes to find that there's nothing else there. And yes, the alternate weapons will make multiple playthroughs less stale.

But it doesn't keep it from being disappointing. I'm not cancelling my preorder or anything but, still...

CTLance

I looked. Nice, although the endboss is kinda sorta very unlike I expected him. Not the form, but the attacks.

Doe we know the difficulty setting for the last boss video? Frankly, that looked quite effortless for this here Musou noob.

Edit: Gah, answered already. Normal it is.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I looked. Nice, although the endboss is kinda sorta very unlike I expected him. Not the form, but the attacks.

Doe we know the difficulty setting for the last boss video? Frankly, that looked quite effortless for this here Musou noob.

Normal. Easy and Normal are very similar.

Mikey Jr.

Wow, people are really giving a shit about Dynasty Warriors, after nobody caring for the past 10 years.

edit: Didn't mean to come off offensive.

Its just that, you know, its Dynasty Warriors.

nib95

Banned
I'm quite surprised by some of the hype surrounding this game. It looks impressively terrible. In the same way that the Dynasty Warriors games do too. Terrible animations, combat, AI, pacing, graphics, general gameplay mechanics etc. I would have at least expected a considerably more competent degree of polish and animation/graphical prowess. I'm sure it'll sell well though, especially in Japan. Dynasty Warriors type games seem to be a bit of a recycled guilty pleasure.

Mesoian

Wow, people are really giving a shit about Dynasty Warriors, after nobody caring for the past 10 years.

It's Dynasty Warriors with characters that you actually like and care about. Goes a long way.

I played the crap out of Dynasty Warriors Gundam because it had characters that I actually liked in it.

Why do people keep quoting the prima 16 characters? I thought it was proved fake.

Because the statement was never that outlandish to start with. If the three OC characters who were announced first are playable, it will be 15+.

And if they aren't, that's just kind of shitty.

But it's not like that quote was saying there were 20+ characters in the end, 16 makes sense as it's every character that's been shown and this is a dynasty warriors game after all.

Yes, hence the love/hate for musou games.

Actually a full scale land war game where you control 1 combatant and most likely will die has never been done before, due to obvious technical difficulties. I think the total war games are the closes I have seen at mimicking the look of a real land battle with thousands of people.

Dynasty Warriors games have sold a total of 0 copies in the last 10 years, which is why they keep making a shitload of them every year.

Volotaire

I'm quite surprised by some of the hype surrounding this game. It looks impressively terrible. In the same way that the Dynasty Warriors games do too. Terrible animations, combat, AI, pacing, graphics, general gameplay mechanics etc. I'm sure it'll sell well though, especially in Japan. Dynasty Warriors type games seem to be a bit of a recycled guilty pleasure.

I think most people are purchasing it because of the large amount of Zelda fanservice, the ability to play a large number of nonplayable characters throughout the series, and the game twisting the Dynasty gameplay a bit in the direction of the Zelda series (items, bosses using items, simple item puzzles,etc.) It helps that I, and a lot of the planned purchasers, also have not played Dynasty games, so many people don't know what to expect.

Exile20

Didn't OP PW 2 bump the roster up to 30?

But that game doesnt have multiple weapons right? or am I wrong?

If you look at each weapon as a character then there might be close or more than 30.
If you double the weapons for HW you get 26 plus some have 3 or more. It can certainly pass 30.

Mesoian

so the musou games are boring talk will increase for the next few months great

I seriously think there are a lot of people who are really jazzed for this game who don't understand what a musou game actually is, even with the most recent Nintendo Direct.

I think the people who know will come out of this game with a gleaming interpretation of it. I think people who don't are going to hate this game.

If this is a "true" leak, Nintendo must be going nuts on their headquarters.

It would, legit, be the one thing of importance they haven't shown off.

Top Bottom