• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hyrule Warriors Final Boss fight leaked

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
But that game doesnt have multiple weapons right? or am I wrong?

If you look at each weapon as a character then there might be close or more than 30.
If you double the weapons for HW you get 26 plus some have 3 or more. It can certainly pass 30.

Possible. Current count right now based on information we know sits at 20.

That doesn't make it any more acceptable. I don't think you'll find anyone out there that sees Pirate Warriors 1 as a good game. They're supposed to learn from their mistakes and find a good balance, not repeat them. I want to be excited for this game not be excited for the 2016 sequel.

Well I suppose it's better that this info is out NOW instead of making us wade through 13 story modes to find that there's nothing else there. And yes, the alternate weapons will make multiple playthroughs less stale.

But it doesn't keep it from being disappointing. I'm not cancelling my preorder or anything but, still...

That's not how making games work.
If the sequels of both of those dinasty warriors games have doubled and tripled in characters is thanks to doing the main work during the first game, leaving time to make more characters and clones in the next ones.
It's not learning from their mistakes, is that there is not enough time and they are not big enough as a team, or would be too expensive, to do that with their first game in each franchise of DW. As simple as that.

I seriously think there are a lot of people who are really jazzed for this game who don't understand what a musou game actually is, even with the most recent Nintendo Direct.

I think the people who know will come out of this game with a gleaming interpretation of it. I think people who don't are going to hate this game.

It would, legit, be the one thing of importance they haven't shown off.

many people are not really taking the time to find out what a musou game is
it is worst when those people are game reviewers who might hate this title for not being what they would expect

interesting to watch because this title puts musou gameplay under a bigger spotlight

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
Would love to see weapon slots for each character. Any leaks?

I think it is best to think of weapons as characters.

No leaks yet, but Link has 5 slots. One is Master Sword/Hylian Shield. Probably implies he still has 4 different weapons in total.

Exile20

That doesn't make it any more acceptable. I don't think you'll find anyone out there that sees Pirate Warriors 1 as a good game. They're supposed to learn from their mistakes and find a good balance, not repeat them. I want to be excited for this game not be excited for the 2016 sequel.

Well I suppose it's better that this info is out NOW instead of making us wade through 13 story modes to find that there's nothing else there. And yes, the alternate weapons will make multiple playthroughs less stale.

But it doesn't keep it from being disappointing. I'm not cancelling my preorder or anything but, still...

So I guess SM3DW should have 200 worlds by now, COD singe player should be 300 hrs with 100 multiplayer maps.

Lets see, NFS should have maybe distinct 200 race tracks, etc.

The store that sold Pokemon X and Y before their street date in Canada had to shut down.

Oh really? wow. What happened?

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
So I guess SM3DW should have 200 worlds by now, COD singe player should be 300 hrs with 100 multiplayer maps.

Mario Kart 8 still only has 32 racetracks. Pfft.

Much sarcasm

many people are not really taking the time to find out what a musou game is
it is worst when those people are game reviewers who might hate this title for not being what they would expect

interesting to watch because this title puts musou gameplay under a bigger spotlight

I can't wait for the internet to be awash with "THIS IS JUST A BUTTON MASHER HURRR" from reviewers and players alike.

Lernaean

Banned
Video was dope as ever, only watched 3 minutes so i won't spoil it.
I fail once more to understand those who whine about this beautiful game.

Mesoian

Are you seriously going to make the argument that COD single player campaigns and NFS car selection (not track selection necessarily because the way that series has gone with open world, there are a very large number of distinct tracks) are okay the way they are? Because if you are, I'm going to call you crazy, they are lacking good sir. People's lust to buy something does not automatically mean the developers are doing right by their legacied fans in giving them new content. Hell, with NFS, you can make the argument that they've been taking content away.

SM3DW is a bad example because that game has like 4 endings and a secret world behind each one, you are getting a fantastic value with that game.

Mario Kart 8 still only has 32 racetracks. Pfft.

Much sarcasm

Using this example though, while 32 racetracks are just fine (why not 40 doe
JK
), how many babies and metal characters are there padding the roster? It's a less serious example but...::Shrugs::

Exile20

Are you seriously going to make the argument that COD single player campaigns and NFS car selection (not track selection necessarily because the way that series has gone with open world, there are a very large number of distinct tracks) are okay the way they are? Because if you are, I'm going to call you crazy, they are lacking good sir. People's lust to buy something does not automatically mean the developers are doing right by their legacied fans in giving them new content. Hell, with NFS, you can make the argument that they've been taking content away.

SM3DW is a bad example because that game has like 4 endings and a secret world behind each one, you are getting a fantastic value with that game.

Using this example though, while 32 racetracks are just fine (why not 40 doe
JK
), how many babies and metal characters are there padding the roster? It's a less serious example but...::Shrugs::

My point is that it comes down to man power. The characters already have multiple weapons.

Instead of creating more characters they created more weapons per character.

Does One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 have multiple weapons per character? Serious question, I have not played it.

afoni

Banned
Video was dope as ever, only watched 3 minutes so i won't spoil it.
I fail once more to understand those who whine about this beautiful game.

The player spends most of his time doing spin attacks and nothing else. If that's the entire game then I'll wait for a price drop.

Underwhelming leak.

My point is that it comes down to man power. The characters already have multiple weapons.

Does One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2 have multiple weapons per character? Serious question, I have not played it.
Haven't played it, but I can't see that being possible given the nature of One Piece

Mesoian

And I'm not saying that's bad, but on it's face, as news a month before release, it still comes off as disappointing. Honestly, we won't really know how it feels until we're playing the game on the 27th.

Lernaean

Banned
The player spends most of his time doing spin attacks and nothing else. If that's the entire game then I'll wait for a price drop.

Underwhelming leak.

If you see a player that knows what they are doing playing any DW game [edit: on hard] you'll understand why you are wrong.

CronoShot

Underwhelming leak.

Welcome to the Warriors franchise. Repetition incarnate.

Still day one for me.

norealmx

Banned
No,no,no,no,no,no... lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala

Please, please, don't post this kind of thing until the game is out everywhere!

This kind of spoilers is not fun!

Is it Demise right? Or the barely dressed girl? Must be Ganon, I'm almost sure!

(Damn, why do you have to do this, people of GAF?)

BY2K

Membero Americo
I don't want to know what it looks like, I don't want to know what music plays.

No way, no how.

I'm bailing the fuck out.

Exile20

And I'm not saying that's bad, but on it's face, as news a month before release, it still comes off as disappointing. Honestly, we won't really know how it feels until we're playing the game on the 27th.

Plus there is character progression and weapon upgrades.

So it mixes things up a bit.

Is there character progression for One Piece: Pirate Warriors 2? I am guessing not since there are so many characters.

shaowebb

Oh bitch bitch bitch. Game looks like fun and its a big fat celebration of Zelda history. This is like the "why doesn't MvC have my character" stuff of old here...

Is it too much to ask people actually enjoy a game these days without having to come online and bitch because its not as cool as the super deluxe idea they have in their head thats so much better? Learn to stop being desktop developers and to just play and have fun again. Christ...

Trike

Why so many spoiler warnings in an obvious spoiler thread? It's not like the end boss is a surprise to anyone.

Neiteio

I don't care about spoilers, but I also don't have time to watch the whole video, so I just clicked around until I saw Ganon. Looks awesome! They really captured the feel from the end of Ocarina of Time, thanks to the dark lighting (something the 3DS remake didn't even get right, lol).

BY2K

Membero Americo
I only watched the transformation, it seemed to mirror OOT a bit D:, oopsies

Design-wise, it seems like a cross between OoT Ganon and TP Ganon. But he does use his front hands to launch spells and shit.

Mesoian

Oh bitch bitch bitch. Game looks like fun and its a big fat celebration of Zelda history. This is like the "why doesn't MvC have my character" stuff of old here...

Is it too much to ask people actually enjoy a game these days without having to come online and bitch because its not as cool as the super deluxe idea they have in their head thats so much better? Learn to stop being desktop developers and to just play and have fun again. Christ...

I mean, yes.

Definitely digging that
Ganon
design. With this and Twilight Princess at least
Ganondorf
has the best beast form compared to Demise.

Top Bottom