• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Custom Steam icons for Grid View

undu

Doom (2016):
7pON37w.png

The Division:
MaUuDZF.png

Grey Goo:
ocHMtqZ.png

e9hDkAM.png

Magicka 2:
hVqao7L.png

Dreamfall Chapters / Duet / FORCED / Magicka 2

prjwquh.png
Swunrbd.png
ftDmaqZ.png

REx4F7U.png
E0e2JVr.png
PDg4vq0.png

WmRp78c.png
ANiOSqd.png
NVaoCPv.png

k8Vi9TT.png
CiWPeeK.png
KNyZthe.png

YK2Vx2L.png
P0UztWf.png
2sMZjUf.png

2lkBSG5.png
mnZogDR.png
WbUDI5A.png

Oceanhorn / Warmachine: Tactics / This Book is a Dungeon / Shadowrun Chronicles: Boston Lockdown

v4zX6WA.png
Xa0TQ9J.png
bSTqBiV.png

6vXLsUK.png
BX3ivOu.png
Gf84Shr.png

pCC9rne.png
5xKHWg3.png
WYfO6vi.png

xudsLJg.png
2SIdgDR.png
59knXCR.png

LMom2kf.png

I second this request, I've tried windows and mac both to no success!
Here's what he PMed me:
JDHarbs said:
There are a few different ways to get it working, all of which require some tinkering on your end. All are for the PC version. The Dreamcast and N64 versions should be playable through emulation, but I've always run into issues with that. Follow the steps listed at the Play Old PC Games website here:

http://www.play-old-pc-games.com/2013/12/02/star-wars-episode-i-racer/

I used this method on a Windows 7 PC (haven't tried it on Win10 yet), and it worked fine for me without issues. The downside is that you're using a modified installer which some people are uncomfortable with for security reasons. There are a few other methods listed on PCGamingWiki, but I haven't tried these myself:

http://pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/Star_Wars:_Episode_I_%E2%80%93_Racer

Let me know if it works for you.
I got it working on windows 7 x64, all is well. the custom installer method in the first link is what worked for me. Just have your game/install disc in the drive (or mounted to a virtual drive if you ripped an image of it) and run the custom installer, the installer pulls files from the disk and injects the proper fixes needed. After the install is done, to boot the game you run the custom EXE. If you want to get it to render at a true widescreen resolution, there's a HexEdit you can do to all the EXEs to get it to work with some tinkering (there's a link to it in there, its form the Widescreen Gaming Forum). I got my copy of EP 1 Racer running at 1920x1080p (even though its vert- and not true widescreen. Only part i haven't figured out is how to force AA. I'd also like to figure out how to inject SMAA or maybe even sweetFX.

Enter the Gungeon / Star Wars Battlefront II

rtgDEbZ.png
LTlUd2M.png
1ZRBy9k.png

7MzZm86.png
CawJg4B.png
tiBbhLI.png

DdTNFMV.png
BLh4O4j.png
imsuENJ.png

Saints Row: Gat out of Hell / Cobalt

59iEPF0.png
Vbbg94T.png
ffP0l3M.png

4HdGnR5.png
QEibnrk.png

Shovel Knight

dsDxLRf.png
A3iEkTy.png
TeUeQLe.png

yGsaOZC.png
sSM49yY.png
xYOhGJb.png

gLAkJm1.png
He6CrfG.png

The Silent Age / Ori and the Blind Forest: Definitive Edition

2CN4VhA.png
7KXoJzY.png
3PBBGWr.png

Paint it Back / RONIN / SWR JST DX Selective Memory Erase Effect / A Fistful of Gun / A Boy and His Blob

UEB0cHG.png
VAX9gr6.png
mxQ2F4N.png

zDjVDgS.png
P6uyLQL.png
wGNWJ15.png

aJzoCLW.png
MrAUuyz.png
lVAMFD9.png

Human Resource Machine / Mini Metro / Mushroom 11 / TowerFall Ascension

JWSBfMt.png
meIW3iE.png
k7qQdXX.png

yKNQn69.png
n0EvPVv.png
sjp2O4N.png

mrrNHc7.png
M1mS1Aa.png
0W0pKTu.png

FA4nLxc.png

xHiryu

Anyone one of you artists can create a grid for Spiderman Shattered Dimensions? Can find any good ones on the interwebz

Hard Reset

eS92oB6.png
7AyA6T7.png

The Emerald Maiden: Symphony of Dreams / Enigmatis: The Ghosts of Maple Creek / Enigmatis 2: The Mists of Ravenwood / Left in the Dark: No One on Board / Mythic Wonders: The Philosopher's Stone

uFUeQQA.png
7volGcP.png
L2yvHA1.png

VhaeIVy.png
QPjCZOK.png

The Secret Order 3: Ancient Times / Tibetan Quest: Beyond the World's End / Time Mysteries: Inheritance / Time Mysteries 2: The Ancient Spectres / Time Mysteries 3: The Final Enigma

p3FlnMp.png
JsAFwch.png
8CHe7ah.png

1qRdqQN.png
l2bEg4V.png

1001 Spikes / Absolute Drift / Deathtrap / Selfie: Sisters of the Amniotic Lens / Torment: Tides of Numenara / Hand of Fate / Soul Axiom

AgSPQlU.png
KvzZnTh.png
wtf5jh1.png

4inbKLG.png
oRy20gn.png
Yc8RzYN.png

9zwVKnv.png
WB47o8U.png
fJiNTEN.png

Bulb Boy / Endless Legend

XuxXMPs.png
tuC3sLM.png
Ko9sd1p.png

UTbCxLi.png
MZ5KFcB.png
nXQHvUO.png

orfax

My continuation of some old shit and other freeware stuff.

More Adventures of Big Mac Mad Maintenance Man / Bubble Bobble (also featuring Rainbow Islands) / Microprose Formula One Grand Prix
dzNlHaH.png
axxzvHL.png
cRmC9By.png

Sid Meier's Railroad Tycoon Deluxe / Rocks 'n Diamonds / Squirm
na03Eks.png
ZCJYc0E.png
bjYkyfb.png

Ivan "Ironman" Stewart's Super Off Road / Wing Commander 3: Heart of the Tiger / Worms Forts: Under Siege
3PQj5Zv.png
ojRV56P.png
z6BlJCa.png

XBlast / XRick
CzBt2Nx.png
QkA12y3.png

Coming soon, a bunch of old RPG images for stuff like Bard's Tale and the AD&D goldbox games.

hlhbk

3 requests:

Journeyman Project Pegasus Prime

Journeyman Project 2 Buried In Time

Journeyman Project 3 Legacy of time.

Thanks to anyone that can help!

orfax

As mentioned here are the first lot of my old RPG set (so many RPG's).

The Bard's Tale 2: The Destiny Knight / The Bard's Tale 3: Thief of Fate / The Bard's Tale Construction Set
OPGbJEN.png
wvO0ujX.png
ePhebKG.png

I didn't create one for the first Bard's Tale game as there is one already out there, and I just used the same formatting for 2 & 3.

Chocobo World / Dungeon Master: Chaos Strikes Back / Dungeon Master 2: The Legend of Skullkeep
4HHdmzb.png
1J6iHhn.png
301piuT.png

Chocobo World is the PocketStation game for Final Fantasy 8.

Exult / The Faery Tale Adventure / Faery Tale Adventure 2: Halls of the Dead
cwGlJ9E.png
iKWK8yN.png
J6FPOyP.png

Sorry for the quality of the FTA2, the only decent pic I could find was a poster, and as a result there are folds.

HeroQuest / Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos
7s6OX8v.png
8tPVHSO.png

Pool of Radiance / Curse of the Azure Bonds / Secret of the Silver Blades / Pools of Darkness
bb4gU7Q.png
wGW9ZL3.png
T658KAU.png
bEuMurw.png

Champions of Krynn / Death Knights of Krynn / The Dark Queen of Krynn
90XIuNN.png
LGCALej.png
3jbrhw2.png

Gateway to the Savage Frontier / Hillsfar / Menzoberranzan
HVNtUFd.png
2h7YT8c.png
5MFPNjb.png