• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS+ EU games for March includes Deadnation for PS4.

Smart As is one of the best Vita games out there.. for real..

And Pixelmonsters sounds good.. I´m still waiting for Plants vs. Zombies though.. or Fifa.. or Call of Duty ..

I haven't tried either, I'm not saying they're bad! I just don't expect many 'big names' besides some Sony first party games further along.

Mine's expired but I have another 3 month card I can use before the end of March.

Piccoro

Tomb Raider?!? Wow, was just about to purchase the physical version last week! Nice!
That Vita selection is also very nice|

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Dead Nation is really one of the few games where I can't understand why someone would think it's bad, no matter how hard I try. I absolutely loved it. Of course, I'm aware that I'm almost in minority, as tons of people here flat out disliked it.

Would be hilarious and sad if Sony gave us the same free game twice. The best thing I can say about Dead Nation is that it's not as bad as Contrast. Other than that zzzzzzz. Probably wouldn't even bother downloading for free.

That's just a horrible month overall though. Glad I'm not EU for once :p

Loudninja

They basically confirmed Dead Nation 2.
So what's next for Housemarque? For Resogun, the plans have been set, even if they're not quite ready for reveal. There's DLC on the way later in the year, although a much requested Vita version isn't necessarily such a certainty. "Remote Play's doing really well, and I'm happy with how that's been implemented. If we were to port the game to Vita, and other platforms like PS3, right now we'd have to implement some limitations in the technology of the game. We haven't got an official stance on that, but it wouldn't be the same Resogun on other platforms
Beyond that, there's another PlayStation 4 game in the works, and one whose identity is hardly a secret. "We did announce it fairly early on last year," Haveri says. "We haven't spoken about it too prominently. But we've had these games in development for quite some while. It's not like a one game deal or a two game deal [with Sony] - it's more part of an ongoing relationship."
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-01-23-whats-next-for-housemarque

I've heard really good things About Pixeljunk Monsters HD. Shame about the name, though.

PixelJunk Monsters is awesome in all its forms. As for the name, what's wrong with it? PixelJunk is the brand encompassing several games, Monsters was the original release, HD was the PSP re-release and Ultimate is this iteration.

Dead Nation is really one of the few games where I can't understand why someone would think it's bad, no matter how hard I try. I absolutely loved it. Of course, I'm aware that I'm almost in minority, as tons of people here flat out disliked it.

I tried playing it not too long ago and it basically becomes impossible to continue as a single player game. It essentially forces coop on you, and that really bummed me out to the point that I moved on.

Hyunashi

Tomb Raider is good for those that haven't experienced it yet. Brothers will be fun to try I guess.

Deadnation is blergh.

Nyx

PixelJunk Monsters is awesome in all its forms. As for the name, what's wrong with it? PixelJunk is the brand encompassing several games, Monsters was the original release, HD was the PSP re-release and Ultimate is this iteration.

Yep, it might be the best Tower Defense game ever even.

alienator

a port of dead nation 1+2 for the ps4 in glorious 1080p/60fps , or dead nation.. 3 maybe

i just wetted my panties.

I dont really get the shitty ps+ month thing either, u sign up for a service where u have no idea whatever games u get and when they do tell u, its all shitty.

why not buy monthly ps+ membership for 6 bucks after they announced something ?

(i use it for multiplayer though, i see the games as just a bonus)

Weird...

Brothers was on sale a month ago.

They usually don't put games on PS+ that went on sale recently.

I think TR was on sale too, but I'm not sure.

Hasney

a port of dead nation 1+2 for the ps4 in glorious 1080p/60fps , or dead nation.. 3 maybe

i just wetted my panties.

I dont really get the shitty ps+ month thing either, u sign up for a service where u have no idea whatever games u get and when they do tell u, its all shitty.

why not buy monthly ps+ membership for 6 bucks after they announced something ?

(i use it for multiplayer though, i see the games as just a bonus)

You can't play the games you download from PS+ while your subscription is inactive.

If I were SE I would have released Tomb Raider this month for ps+ and offered a upgrade plan for ps4 users. They could have made quite some dough that way.

Yeah, £25 for PS+ subscribers or something. They may have done this if it was coming out in April as I assume it'll still be selling some come March.

BibiMaghoo

To be honest I would rather have a new game that was given away for free on my PS3 years ago. The game is solid, and fun, but it would be a port of a pretty old title many will already have.

Not impressed. Although the Ps3 offerings are good.

Fantastic news regarding Dead nation, absolutely loved the PS3 version and am proud I got the Platinum for it. I can only imagine ho good it’s gonna look on PS4 considering the PS3 version overall was very impressive.

As for Tomb Raider and Brothers, I have heard great things about both and I have been waiting for TR to come to + since September (would have come out then if they didn’t make the definitive edition I think).

The only problem is that these days I just cant bring myself to play on the PS3, I have wanted to play Bioshock Infinite for ages and now that I have it from + I haven’t touched it because im too busy playing on my PS4. Other than it being the new hotness I just love the PS4 UI and how quick everything is, going back to PS3 feels bad in comparison.

I just hope that eventually PS Now will let you play any PS3 game you have digitally so I would then be able to go back and play them.

I Wanna Be The Guy

U-S-A! U-S-A! U-S-A!
The Vita barrel has been scraped pretty bare, there's only so many games they can find per month.

Not really true. There's plenty of great games they could put on Plus. Hotline Miami, Spelunky, Littlebigplanet, PS All Stars, NFS Most Wanted, Sly Cooper 4, DOA5, UMVC3, Super Stardust Delta, Persona 4 Golden etc.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Awesome if true! I've already played through Dead Nation on PS3, but it's a great game, definitely wouldn't mind an upgraded PS4 port. And Brothers would be nice as well, haven't bought that one yet. Tomb Raider I have on PC, so that's not all that interesting for me.

Own Tomb Raider on PS3 and PS4 already
Own Dead Nation on PS3
Own Smart As on Vita
Don't like Tower defense games
Have no interest in Brothers.

Last month was:
Outlast PS4
Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light PS3
Dynasty Warriors Next, Mod Nation Racers Vita

Quite a step down, if true.

GoaThief

Pretty pleased about Dead Nation in particular, came relatively late to the PS3 party and have never touched it. Still don't know what it is exactly, although I've observed plenty of positive feedback regarding the title and therefore I'm happy to keep it as a pleasant surprise.

Don't let me down Dead Nation fans. ;-)

I tried playing it not too long ago and it basically becomes impossible to continue as a single player game. It essentially forces coop on you, and that really bummed me out to the point that I moved on.

I found it very fair single player. Last level was a bit tasty, but got through it first time. I needed to play the game in short spells, it's very samey and my eyes would get sore processing a screen packed with tiny visual details. Will be even more fun in 1080 :)

Co-op makes the game even better of course.

Pretty much every Ps4 owner has a Ps3. I'd say easily 80%.
Why would they buy the definitive edition if they could play the Ps3 version for free?

I'm within your 20%.

I'm excited for PSNow, as I missed TLoU.

I owned Tomb raider on 360; double dipped for the better graphics on PS4.

It's surprising that Dead Nation might be on PS+, for the PS4. I've really wanted to try the game and was expecting the PSV version soon.

I guess ultimately, I'm an Xbox 360 owner who jumped ship toward Playstation. Even though Sony released a plethora of great games for PS3, I had no desire to buy another last gen system - knowing I was buying a next gen system. It was my knowledge of Sonys PS3 IPs, services and library that sold me on a PS4, over the Xbox One.

Better late than never?

I also bought a PSV on launch (Feb 2012) and have loved it. I wanted a handheld and Uncharted (which I loved U:GA).

Imbarkus

As Sartre noted in his contemplation on Hell in No Exit, the true horror is other members.
Usually love Housemarque but I sputtered on Dead Nation.

Glad to see more PSN stuff coming over to PS4 native, however.

I found it very fair single player. Last level was a bit tasty, but got through it first time. I needed to play the game in short spells, it's very samey and my eyes would get sore processing a screen packed with tiny visual details. Will be even more fun in 1080 :)

Co-op makes the game even better of course.

I had to do one lonnnnnnggggggg checkpoint like 6 times before I had my fill. I'll give it another chance if/when it comes out on the PS4 but that left a bad taste in my mouth.

Pretty pleased about Dead Nation in particular, came relatively late to the PS3 party and have never touched it. Still don't know what it is exactly, although I've observed plenty of positive feedback regarding the title and therefore I'm happy to keep it as a pleasant surprise.

Don't let me down Dead Nation fans. ;-)

It's just another average twin stick shooter. Keep your expectations in check. It's not on par with Geo Wars, SSHD or Resogun.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Dear Sony, please do not put games on sale, and then quickly afterwards put them up for free on PS+. It just makes me less likely to buy games that are on sale. How about you do it the other way round? Put a game up for free, then the next month put it on sale to catch those that missed it.

Moobabe

Own Tomb Raider on PS3 and PS4 already
Own Dead Nation on PS3
Own Smart As on Vita
Don't like Tower defense games
Have no interest in Brothers.

Last month was:
Outlast PS4
Bioshock Infinite, Metro Last Light PS3
Dynasty Warriors Next, Mod Nation Racers Vita

Quite a step down, if true.

What if I owned all of last months games and none of this?

A step down if you own them, sure. March has enough retail releases to make up for any perceived rubbish in this update.

Mafro

Loved Dead Nation on PS4 so this news pleases me. Presumably the Vita version of that will be coming out next month too?

Top Bottom