• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT3| When having no onions makes you cry

Anustart

I almost killed Asura before I wiped and was out of ability uses! Sweet, not even halfway through. Fucking lol.

Can I hone up to r50 yet or not possible? Im going to need 500 uses on each ability to even get close. And this is with the party used a couple posts up except had to use tyro instead of cait sith. Somehow I need 45,000 atk on each character to use that strat apparently.

evangd007

How I beat IV CM

Ignored the score requirements. Just beat it. Take the right arm first, one on left on screen. Equip Blind and Silence resist.

Rosa mblink, ultra cure and shell.
Kain burst
Rydia shiva and double ice when reflect off or take out an arm when on.
Cecil, regular heal, and protect I think
Edge, haste, pblink, last stand

You only want to take out 1 arm...or two if necessary towards the end. If u have haste...u dont need to dispel Baigans. Bring RW wall if u dont have a breaker.

- What's your Ultra Cure honed to?
- My team is Rosa, Pecil, Golbez, Edge, and Edward, so I do have a breaker.
- Since I have 2 physical, would RW Squall work, conceptually?

I have Kain's burst. Do you? If you have my exact same setup u can do it. You using Tyro dances right. I think I used like 5-6 of each Magic and Multi Break.

- What's your Ultra Cure honed to?
- My team is Rosa, Pecil, Golbez, Edge, and Edward, so I do have a breaker.
- Since I have 2 physical, would RW Squall work, conceptually?

8 uses. I dunno. U probably need wall regardless. Silence on Rosa. Blind on attackers. Dont remember how many I used of UC.

I guess Squall could work. I'd bring wall.

Anustart

I have Kain's burst. Do you? If you have my exact same setup u can do it. You using Tyro dances right. I think I used like 5-6 of each Magic and Multi Break.

Asuras not weak to lightning, but no I dont. In theory just about any burst should match until then but I can't kill asura, let alone get to lightning weak guy.

I went very offense heavy with both Ramza and Onion Knight's buffs, and I burned Asura down very quickly, within a couple of turns. OSBs + BSBs etc.

Kenai

Finally downed that stupid blue MP turtle. Never had any real trouble with any raid boss before him (maybe Shadow Lord or Demon Wall?) but I easily went into the double digits on tries vs him.2 Celes, 2 Yshtola, Tyro and Orlandea with my OK and Larsa. Probably was overkill on the second Yshtola vs another Lightning DPSer but I am just happy do have that done.

Also i freaking LOVE Lara's BSB. Holy crap group Astra is amazing. I have Eiko and Ysh and Aerith for bosses that don't spam status effects but even with two Celes blocking stuff I saved people from Sleep/Slow at least a dozen times and he's got a quickcast single target Cure and Wrath. Since he seems like a fairly rare healer to see in MP I am sure i will get a lot of use out of him going forward.

Not pulling on FFVIII stuff outside the $1 pull cause FFVI is around the corner and I want me some Mog/Sabin lewts.

Anustart

Beat it but lost 4 medals. 2 for damage 2 for actions :/

Was never in any real danger but too slow.

Snow, ysh, maria, ok, tyro.
If slow wasn't a requirement could drop rw wall and just use ysh, and bring a lightning rw but meh.

evangd007

8 uses. I dunno. U probably need wall regardless. Silence on Rosa. Blind on attackers. Dont remember how many I used of UC.

I guess Squall could work. I'd bring wall.

Beat CM with Squall BSB RW. Needed a few S/Ls to get arms kill strats down, and get lucky on blind casts (moderate resistance my ass). Got mastery too, lost 2 damage taken medals and 1 actions taken medals. Eblan Doppelganger prevented arm SD deaths, as well as numerous other deaths throughout. Eblan Doppelganger is the best. Twins Moons is great too when Golbez isn't silenced. Squall CMD2 is nearly OSB level after 3-4 CMD1s.

Asuras not weak to lightning, but no I dont. In theory just about any burst should match until then but I can't kill asura, let alone get to lightning weak guy.

You take Kain with the double hit crit jump...as I explain. His lightning moves you only use on Leviathan. Take another DPS to focus Asura. Unless you have native wall and 20 breaks...you need an AoE attack.

Beat it but lost 4 medals. 2 for damage 2 for actions :/

Was never in any real danger but too slow.

Snow, ysh, maria, ok, tyro.
If slow wasn't a requirement could drop rw wall and just use ysh, and bring a lightning rw but meh.

Congrats. Good luck on any mastery runs.

WarAdept

What is the best approach to Baigan CM? Mage party? I have only Edward MAG UP/Haste SB and Golbez BSB as notable SBs for this realm. Will bring shared Medica on a WHM and a BLM who has no SB I guess. Resist silence accessories and Wall RW?

You have more than enough to do this CM. You can either take the safe route and RW Wall with Golbez as your main DPS with auxiliary DPS from other characters or you can go full on poverty setup with 3 healers, Edward, Golbez with Memento Mori + Edea BSB.

You can just copy my setup and just switch out Edge for Tellah/Fusoya as your 3rd healer/hastebot and be perfectly fine.

MrDaravon

Yeah the Asura battle is kicking my ass, I need to spend some time today and redo my team for it I think. Honestly what is screwing me over more than anything on that is the constant Dispels killing my buffs.

Unrelated, but is Hailstorm any good at all/worth honing? The only characters who can use it that I ever use even situationally really are Gilgamesh and Tyro (I don't have anything for Firion, Cyan, Auron, Ayame or TG and I have Cloud/Seph OSBs but those don't get much use).

Anustart

Tried with different rw, used golbez but it hits hard it only hits every 2nd turn, poor.

Ended up losing 2 characters as well, Ysh just didn't get enough meter to keep wall up and heal. Back to the drawing board.

WarAdept

Yeah the Asura battle is kicking my ass, I need to spend some time today and redo my team for it I think. Honestly what is screwing me over more than anything on that is the constant Dispels killing my buffs.

Unrelated, but is Hailstorm any good at all/worth honing? The only characters who can use it that I ever use even situationally really are Gilgamesh and Tyro (I don't have anything for Firion, Cyan, Auron, Ayame or TG and I have Cloud/Seph OSBs but those don't get much use).

3.2x multiplier (same as Twin Spellblades/Gaia Cross) with +30% Atk up/-30% Res down for 20 secs. It gives an Ice element to physical (which no one one has right now unless you invest crystals in Snowspell Strike) and it stacks with basically everything right now.

Yes, it's worth it.

Xetherion

What does dispel get rid of? Wall, haste, shell? Only some of em? All of em?

Usually only haste, protect, shell, regen and "triple" (which is a status i don't think we can actually get yet).

Some bosses have an Ultimate Dispel that also removes stat buffs like Wall. Asura does not have this though thankfully.

Ahnez

Usually only haste, protect, shell, regen and "triple" (which is a status i don't think we can actually get yet).

Some bosses have an Ultimate Dispel that also removes stat buffs like Wall. Asura does not have this though thankfully.
Triple is a status used only on FFVIII Cerberus battle, if I'm not mistaken.

It does nothing, but change its AI patterns while active

MrDaravon

Finally beat the Asura fight after a total of probably 3 or so hours across a couple of days, what a fucking shitshow. Didn't get Mastery but don't even care at this point lol. I'm terrible at theory/teamcrafting, I'm sure someone could point to a specific setup I have available to me to get it done but I just don't have it in me at the moment. I'm glad I pushed myself to at least beat it though.

You have more than enough to do this CM. You can either take the safe route and RW Wall with Golbez as your main DPS with auxiliary DPS from other characters or you can go full on poverty setup with 3 healers, Edward, Golbez with Memento Mori + Edea BSB.

You can just copy my setup and just switch out Edge for Tellah/Fusoya as your 3rd healer/hastebot and be perfectly fine.

Felt lazy and went poverty, did not take long for mastery! Now to see what that Apoc is all about! Can't believe Pecil original Sentinel SB is still getting mileage, love that thing!

Asura leviathan.

Team
Tg cid ls, tempo flurry with osb
Celes gaia cross thunder twin strike indom blade, bsb
Ramza banish strike ls ssb and bsb
Tyro two dances wall, bsb, USB
Ysh heal shellga bsb
Rw wall

Elem resists in acc slots

All non sb attacks on leviathan except for strike on asura when she either hastes or protects herself.

Turn 1
Indom blade
Rw wall
Dance
Life siphon
Shellga

Turn 2
Gaia cross
Ls
Ls
Dance
Heal

Then just repeat building meters by attacking leviathan to use on asura. Have to time indom blade and wall refreshes well otherwise screwed.

My life siphons are r5, dances r3/r4
Used cids osb probably 5 or 6 times.

Good riddance.

Felt lazy and went poverty, did not take long for mastery! Now to see what that Apoc is all about! Can't believe Pecil original Sentinel SB is still getting mileage, love that thing!
I also beat the Baigan CM with Sentinel as my only SB used! Cecil put in work supporting the team via Draw Magic, Dispels and Sentinel.

- Cecil started with Draw Magic then Dispeled the main body before casting Sentinel. Afterwards he simply alternated dispel attacks with refreshing his draws.
- Golbez was the main DPS. T1: RW. T2: Momento Mori on the top arm. T3+ AoE command until top arm was dead then focus fire on the main body with the ST command.
- Spoony Bard kept the main body double broken while applying magic break to the arms as needed.
- Ceodore / Rosa ProShellga'd then healed non-stop.
I got finished the fight with an AoE command that also destroyed the snake arm, but I likely would have gotten mastery even if it was still alive.

The King and Queen fight was really tough and took many tries before getting it down. Thankfully, I had the right SBs for the job:

The biggest tip I'd give here is to use Leviathan to build SB meter, especially at the start before all mitigation is up, and hit Asura mainly with SBs. Also, have elemental resist accessories for everyone, with a mix of Ice / Water.

Celes's SSB kept the party from getting affected by Asura's attacks / debuffs and kept her Thundering Twinstrike refreshed. Gaia Cross + Knight's Charge allowed Orlandeau to spam 70k OSB blasts all battle. Onion bit it at the very end, but he was useless for DPS anyways. Onion's job was simply to cast VoF twice and slow the Queen for medals.

evangd007

Having trouble with A+. Trying the make this team work:

Golbez (BSB)
Vanille (BSB)
OK (BSB)
Orlandu (OSB)
Tyro (BSB)

Tried it with Indom Blade RW and got rocked. Going to try again with Wall RW but I have two issues:
- I basically want to use Golbez BSB, OK BSB, and Tyro BSB right away to set up Taunt, Hastega, and Proshellga, but I have to pick 2. I do not have Gaea Cross to set up taunt before using Golbez's BSB. I could make it, but...
- Tyro is using Multi Break and Exhausting Polka, but only at R1 and R2. I could R2 and R3 them, but that would prevent me from making Gaea Cross or R5ing Lifesiphon which I may also need.

I was considering subbing out Golbez and OK for Vaan (BSB) and Ramza (Shout). I also have Gilgamesh BSB. I have Celes w/ indom blade, but she is only level 50ish.

Thoughts?

Rubenov

Really wanting those 5 stones from mastery. Need to find a better aoe burst that I have rather than maria.

Maria is at the top in terms of mage AoE. I'd suggest perhaps diving her a bit, and optimize equipment if you can (add some stones to top MAG wpn she can use for the stage).

friz898

Hey guys. A lot going on this weekend so just now caught up.

Wanted to chime in that I am having a lot of trouble with AsuraLevi too but I definitely can do it or have what's needed.

Second try was Levi to half after Asura dead, but about 10 or so (long) tries later, my best and last was Levi down to 10%.

Goodness!

Edit: oh and Cuth, how do I say this professionally... fuck you for doing it first try.

friz898

I don't have Celes runic and I never did learn the tauntReta thing.

Working on it now with a slight different mix. Going with more dmg output, similar to cpp's coment.

Anustart

And mastered.

Used ok, Rosa, snow, alpha, and ysh.

Rosa able to apply breakdowns and use healing burst which had aoe damage entry, albeit not much, but did about 7k combined per entry.

Alpha was using bahamut and ether command. Slow moved to ok, Ysh with wrath and curaja.

Fight was much less infuriating than ffx.

evangd007

Mastered A+ with Golbez, Vanilla, OK, Orlandu, and Tyro. Correct move was to put Mako Might and Dr. Mog on Golbez and Tyro. Golbez used his BSB 5+ times due to getting hit so much and was never in danger of dying thanks to sky high defense and CMD 2 life steal.

friz898

S6DUqUw.jpg

Sigh

WarAdept

Omega Drive or Affliction Break to make r2? The other will be rank zero. AB I think will be the answer...just checking.

Depends. Affliction Break will always be useful from now on since we're in Status Meta, but there are relics with Astra popping up now to alleviate this. It's strong as a ST damage option due to it being 2 hits, which is a bonus.

Omega Drive is extremely strong...and for some reason will get buffed in the future. DeNA gonna DeNA. However, unlike Affliction Break, it's just damage and there's so many sources of getting that.

Your call.

friz898

Hey guys I might do something like make this post and while I give time for replies go win but..

I am still struggling with this FFIV TAY d220.

I think my problem is dmg output but if I go with only one healer I can't stay alive. What is the cheat code? I really think I have the tools/relics/options to do it.

Edit: ya I didn't share setup beyond my post like 3 back showing you some of what I was using, I am just looking for dps tips I haven't considered.

Bsywoo8.jpg

That's the team I beat Asura/Levi with. Might have changed a few things...OK, should have on my Black IV robe and not that one if I were paying attention.

Mblink
Burst Jump
Burst Last Stand
Green Mega/extra Multi Break(think I used about 6 of each break give or take 1)
VoF

I'd bring a backup heal, Slow, Last Stand, Haste, Breaks, a Lightning user who can also AoE and if you have the space banishing strike. Equip Ice and Water resist.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Is there a character with a Burst that gives you abilities back but also lets you use Affliction Break so you don't need to hone it?

Is there a character with a Burst that gives you abilities back but also lets you use Affliction Break so you don't need to hone it?

The only characters who's Burst commands have ether are: Kain, Yuffie, Freya, Kimahri, Alphinaud and Gaffgarion. Noctis will get one too.

Wow the difficulty gap between U+ and A+ in MP is humongous. U+, managed to win with a party of 6 (OK, Shan, Ysh, Vanille, Celes and Fran) only three of which were doing much damage (OK - swift bolt, shan - burst commands, Celes - spellblades) and even had to take a tsunami.

A+ some of it is simply bad pugs (bring squall but no spellblade abilities, use TG Cid and his takes 2 hours to cast OSB when we need 7 hits from two party members...which we somehow managed the first time and last but not least what's a water resist) but it hits like a truck (penta break, full break and mag bd are not cutting it) and that was my patience worn out. if I have to start scheduling to play with people who know what they're doing the game has gone beyond what I want it for.

U++ Baigan I didn't bother with Cid mission and played a bit poorly so it took several S/L but I'm pleased I got it down with no arms exploding (well actually one time was just one party member and one arm left :( ). Do we ever get a third mako might style RM...that would have made things a lot simpler.

WarAdept

Wow the difficulty gap between U+ and A+ in MP is humongous. U+, managed to win with a party of 6 (OK, Shan, Ysh, Vanille, Celes and Fran) only three of which were doing much damage (OK - swift bolt, shan - burst commands, Celes - spellblades) and even had to take a tsunami.

A+ some of it is simply bad pugs (bring squall but no spellblade abilities, use TG Cid and his takes 2 hours to cast OSB when we need 7 hits from two party members...which we somehow managed the first time and last but not least what's a water resist) but it hits like a truck (penta break, full break and mag bd are not cutting it) and that was my patience worn out. if I have to start scheduling to play with people who know what they're doing the game has gone beyond what I want it for.

U++ Baigan I didn't bother with Cid mission and played a bit poorly so it took several S/L but I'm pleased I got it down with no arms exploding (well actually one time was just one party member and one arm left :( ). Do we ever get a third mako might style RM...that would have made things a lot simpler.

CM Baigan is pretty painless and can be done with poverty setups, assuming you have high level Golbez, Edward and 3 IV healers and some status resist accessories.

As for MP, I either ask on Discord FFRK GAF or usually helm the leader. I'm pretty harsh when it comes to kicking lol, ain't nobody got time for 30 min A+ raids.

Tidd

Finally pulled on the celerity LD banner. Once again I didn't get Vaan's BSB. :(

Okayish pull. Tyro's USB was a dupe.
But I'm glad I got Leila's Burst. I didn't have any poison bursts before. It's synergy for a realm I would never pull for! Fast casting time on the commands and the 2nd command is a ATK/Mind mug that stacks with everything

Time to save some mythril for the fest. If I can because I also want to pull on the VII banner for Cloud's USB, VI banner for Celes' BSB2 and IX banner for Steiner's OSB, Vivi's BSB2 and Zidane's BSB2. I know it's impossible to do at least one pull on everything without spending some money. v.v

Syntsui

When I finally find a competent Cagnazzo team, the connection is lost when he has only 10% of his health. Fuck this piece of shit gacha trash garbage game.

When I finally find a competent Cagnazzo team, the connection is lost when he has only 10% of his health. Fuck this piece of shit gacha trash garbage game.
This pisses me off so much, especially with the Android version of the game being stutter-prone. As a result, I tend to host the A+ MPs. However, I always feel crappy when the game stutters and I see everyone else disconnect after it resumes. :/

Syntsui

This pisses me off so much, especially with the Android version of the game being stutter-prone. As a result, I tend to host the A+ MPs. However, I always feel crappy when the game stutters and I see everyone else disconnect after it resumes. :/

The game is straight up unplayable on android 7 devices, it was already trash on previous android versions but it's hell on Earth on the 7.

It freezes for several seconds every now and then when some relic is used, now take online lag in consideration and you have a BROKEN game for android users with updated firmware.

Top Bottom