• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Billions |OT| Starring Paul Giamatti & Damian Lewis - Sundays 10/9c

Status
Not open for further replies.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Renewed for season two.

Everyone who watches Billions:

tW55Cif.jpg

NYR

Several Ass to mouth references in this latest episode and no posts? Come on guys!

Seriously though, this infallible act is getting a tad tired, Ax and his wife seem to be gods messing with ants, hope that slows down a bit, makes it a bit unberable to watch.

Drifters

Gave the series a chance but the performance and content are too contrived. Shame since the premise could've been great.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 1: episode 4 "Short Squeeze"

After getting one of his Portfolio Managers out of trouble with the police, Axe takes a spontaneous trip to see Metallica in concert with his childhood friends. He also must fend off a short squeeze–an attack on one of his important holdings–led by Chuck’s father. Back in New York, Chuck has an epic day-long proffer session with Pete Decker, learning important facts about the inner workings of Axe Capital.
- Promo for this week's episode.

AndrewPL

Everyone who watches Billions:

tW55Cif.jpg

Yeah, I don't get it. I love finance and movies like wolf of wall street, wall street and big short but this tv show has nothing for me to care about.

No time for average shows when AA shows are fighting for my attention and I'm struggling for time to watch them.

oneils

I kinda liked this show. But it's starting to lose me. This whole detour to Quebec to watch Metallica feels like a giant ad for videotron. Fuck me.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
I'm enjoying the show, but that Metallica bit was kind of a misstep. The bit with Hetfield was painful and the girl was just too contrived. Actually there is a lot of contrived stuff. Axe pulling all these shady deals and being untouchable and then Giamatti's dad pulls one shady deal and they have him bang to rights by the end of the day. Hopefully they can reel it in, because the show has a lot going for it, some solid actors, a decent idea, plenty of conflict, some dark humor.
Another thing, for a show about trading, the show seems pretty bare bones on the financial side. I was expecting a little more intrigue and complexity to that side of things.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 1: episode 5 "The Good Life" (Dir. Neil LaBute)

Axe orders his traders to unload their positions, and he unceremoniously disappears from Axe Capital, plunging the firm into chaos. As Axe questions his life choices and plans a trip on his new yacht, Wags and Wendy struggle to maintain order and morale. In response to Axe's disappearance, Chuck intensifies his investigation, which leads him to a farm in Iowa, where he discovers a key witness to a questionable trade. Armed with the damning evidence, Chuck sends the FBI into Axe Capital to make a surprising arrest.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
Not liking Lewis too much - i think his second would've actually made a better main. He was amazing as Hardman in Suits.

Giamatti is killing it, though. Nearly the amount of carrying that can make a show alone, like Laurie as House.

They are still focusing on the dominatrix stuff, not exactly sure where they are going with it.

It's kind of nice to get BDSM portrayed as somewhat "normal", though.
I still think it's going to come out and sink his political aspirations.

TheOddOne

New episode today:
Season 1: episode 6 "The Deal"

The repercussions of the raid on Axe Capital ripple outward. Axe is spoiling for a fight, and plans a scorched-earth defense against this very public attack on his company—threatening his relationship with Wendy in the process. Chuck’s interrogation of Dollar Bill does not go as planned, and political pressure mounts for Chuck to recuse himself in the face of a protracted legal battle. Wendy, caught in the middle, engages in deft shuttle diplomacy to facilitate a deal in the best interests of both men. But everything hinges on a fraught face-to-face meeting between Chuck and Axe to finalize the agreement.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Fucking ace. Last 10min, got me all pumped up.

Love every characters. So good.

Megasoum

Banned
I really really love that show.

Wow the last 5min of yesterday's episode. The way they mix in Master of Puppet with the last scene... Holy shit

Another good Ep.

Not liking Lewis too much - i think his second would've actually made a better main. He was amazing as Hardman in Suits.

Giamatti is killing it, though. Nearly the amount of carrying that can make a show alone, like Laurie as House.

It's kind of nice to get BDSM portrayed as somewhat "normal", though.
I still think it's going to come out and sink his political aspirations.

Yeah for sure, especially with the club bit. Just when it'll come up who knows.

gamz

I really really love that show.

Wow the last 5min of yesterday's episode. The way they mix in Master of Puppet with the last scene... Holy shit

I love it, but they have so many references to Metallica that it starting to feel like they paid for ads on the show.

Paul Giamatti chewing through scenes never gets old.

Megasoum

Banned
I love it, but they have so many references to Metallica that it starting to feel like they paid for ads on the show.

Paul Giamatti chewing through scenes never gets old.

Yeah the whole bit in Québec City was a bit much although it was REALLY fucking funny for me since I'm in Montréal so we've been hearing about the new Centre Vidéotron (the arena) for yeaaarrssssss.

The way they used Master on the last episode though was really great.

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
That was a good episode.

Not much happened though, I am really liking Lara. Makes her character so real the way she was worried about the kids not being street smart.

That knock out was sweet though.

NYR

Nothing bad ever happens to these people, it is insufferable to watch since it is not intentional and just lazy writing.

Damn, after a shaky start I'm really liking this show now.

Nothing bad ever happens to these people, it is insufferable to watch since it is not intentional and just lazy writing.

Isn't that kind of the point? When you're a billionaire like Axe you pretty much can do whatever the fuck you want and get away with it.

It's odious, but completely realistic.

faridmon

I am actually enjoying the show, despite how macho its trying to look. Every character is so damn unlikable, but I like the setting.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
It may be Giamatti's being generally awesome, but this show is really good.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Finally we get to see Axe as a genuine evil guy rather than just a brutally pragmatic asshole.

This show is great, hopefully it won't go the same rout a big majority of Showtimes series go, as in a mediocre season 2 or just not as great as the first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom