• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Trading Card Game |OT| World of Final Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyalFool

Banned
Is it all old artwork reused? Makes the decks look so inconsistent when you have a mix of old and new artwork, that 90s cgi stuff didn't age well

conkwe

Neo Member
New FFTCG forum here: www.fftcg.boards.net.

It looks like the U.S. is completely out of stock, at least online anyways. Cheapest box on eBay is $250. :(

Anyone in London that wants to be a middleman? I want to import some boxes from a retail store there. Or anywhere else that has reasonable prices.

Card Boy

Banned
Don't get me wrong the game is very fun to play and the amazing builds you can do in this game is deep but I bailed out of this and sold off my collection and there a few reasons why;

• Stock issues / Delays - 5 months on and going into the first expansion (Opus 2) it's near impossible to get booster stock of this game. Stores get promised booster boxes late, promos late, promised certain amounts of stock and get reduced amounts. It's stupid as anything when trying to build up a community for a TCG when there is no prize support for tournaments or to buy in general. Apparently the US has the worst storage, some dude bought $250 worth of Lightning Promos because they didn't have them in his area in the US lol.
  • 4 Expansions a year - Square Enix wants to go 4 expansions a year and they can't even fulfill demand as it is? Get fucked. Not only that it's already expensive as it is trying to support Magic with it's 4 expansions. Maybe if they did 3 i would of been more accepting
  • Promos - When Wizards/FFG/Nintendo/Konami do promos it's usually a variant of an existing card. When FFTCG/SE do Promos those cards are EXCLUSIVE to that month! Missed out on Sephiroth because you decided to play in Feb or March? Then too bad unless you are willing to pay through the roof on eBay! The normal versions of the promos should be obtainable through a booster like Magic. The Lightning Promo currently is actually really good.
  • Inconsistent lazy art style - I love the hand drawn art of Nomura and Yoshitaka Amano on the cards but i loath the video game CGI captures on the cards (others may like the CGI and disagree with me). It's just lazy.
  • Poor communication from Square Enix and distributors - Outside the occasional Facebook post there is dead silence from the people making this game. Terrible when you want to help foster and build the community.
  • Community - This one is not Square Enix's fault but there are some characters in the community in my area that put me off the game.
All signs point to Square Enix not improving anything going forward.

New FFTCG forum here: www.fftcg.boards.net.

It looks like the U.S. is completely out of stock, at least online anyways. Cheapest box on eBay is $250. :(

Anyone in London that wants to be a middleman? I want to import some boxes from a retail store there. Or anywhere else that has reasonable prices.

Nice. I'll check that board out. I'll look into selling some stuff from the U.K. I'll have to see how it goes. That being said, I've been to some Opus 2 pre-release events. Got plenty of new cards to show off:

Some of the new OPUS-2 cards:

Full pull set
48jB27e.jpg

Individual cards
XjMyBCx.jpg

Cards to look out for:
[Job] Manikin have really nice synergy with each other
gcfylDc.jpg

These are my personal picks for cards you wanna be on the look out for and keep in a folder
ZqooCax.jpg

OPUS 2 is out this Friday. 24th of March. Some places will also be doing events with Lightning Promos.

Noi

I'm still waiting on a booster box pre-order for Opus 1 that was supposed to come out in February. I've basically given up all hope to be able to get any cards that aren't buying the starter decks through third parties.

I'm still waiting on a booster box pre-order for Opus 1 that was supposed to come out in February. I've basically given up all hope to be able to get any cards that aren't buying the starter decks through third parties.

Yeah it's a complete mess. Oddly the UK is pretty on top of this. It's sold out sure but it has a strong scene dotted around. I feel bad for the guys in the US though. We have the odd few Light Cards which you can buy off eBay, including foil, for around £35($60). But in the US, you can send them over for $100. It's probably the best card in the game but sells for so much there. It's a shame too.

Only 4 more hours until OPUS-2!

conkwe

Neo Member
I hope the U.S. release date is still April 7. I haven't heard any stores receiving their product yet. :/

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
I played this at a friend's house and found it fun enough. Bought the three starter decks and was curious about ordering an Opus 2 box but they're nowhere to be found. Looks like they haven't learned from/fixed the stock issues that happened the first time around. Makes me glad I've only invested less than $60 in this game. There's no way I'm paying 1.5-2x the retail price for boosters because they can't get their shit together.

Strangely, no stores in my entire city that I've called have or will be getting anything related to this game. Maybe I missed one?

Jayhawk

I bought a pack of the German version when I went to the Final Fantasy XIV fan fest in Frankfurt. Not enough to actually play, so it was more for collecting.

Maybe I'll check out a starter pack for the English version.

conkwe

Neo Member
Yeah, low stock is a huge problem in the U.S. Opus II release will be way much better than Opus I release, but it's still not enough. They'll most likely get it fixed by Opus IV or V, but hopefully by Opus III. You're much better off waiting for reprints to get them near MSRP. Prices are currently inflated due to low stock. Opus I is getting a third wave and will release sometime soon.

Joni

Bought a box of Opus I and II. A lot of nice cards. I should make a list of the stuff I'm missing.

Joni

Finally organized everything, I'm only missing 10 cards from Opus I and 7 cards from Opus II.

1-015L
1-037H
1-058L
1-071L
1-084H
1-102H
1-135L
1-158H
1-163L
1-182L

2-015H
2-047L
2-065L
2-077L
2-081L
2-094L
2-147L

I also have a lot of doubles now. Following is the list of H and L cards I have double. I also included the Starter cards I got in a 'Premium' form. Aside from that, I have a lot of C and R doubles, including P cards. There are only a couple of P that look better than the normal version.

1-001H
1-006H
1-089H
1-127H
1-194S (P)
1-203S (P)
1-211S (P)
1-216S (P)

2-022H (P)
2-038H
2-041H (P)
2-051L
2-055H (P)
2-096H (P)
2-101H
2-138L
2-145L

Yeah, PM me if you want to trade. Hopefully, I'll get my Opus II boxes in. sometime next week.

United States - Europe would be expensive for card trading. But we can try if there is a decent amount of matches.

cj_iwakura

Nice. I'll check that board out. I'll look into selling some stuff from the U.K. I'll have to see how it goes. That being said, I've been to some Opus 2 pre-release events. Got plenty of new cards to show off:

Some of the new OPUS-2 cards:

OPUS 2 is out this Friday. 24th of March. Some places will also be doing events with Lightning Promos.
Wow. Shalua. They dug deep.

Finally organized everything, I'm only missing 10 cards from Opus I and 7 cards from Opus II.

1-015L
1-037H
1-058L
1-071L
1-084H
1-102H
1-135L
1-158H
1-163L
1-182L

2-015H
2-047L
2-065L
2-077L
2-081L
2-094L
2-147L

I also have a lot of doubles now. Following is the list of H and L cards I have double. I also included the Starter cards I got in a 'Premium' form. Aside from that, I have a lot of C and R doubles, including P cards. There are only a couple of P that look better than the normal version.

1-001H
1-006H
1-089H
1-127H
1-194S (P)
1-203S (P)
1-211S (P)
1-216S (P)

2-022H (P)
2-038H
2-041H (P)
2-051L
2-055H (P)
2-096H (P)
2-101H
2-138L
2-145L

United States - Europe would be expensive for card trading. But we can try if there is a decent amount of matches.

Nice set!

Just a heads up, the new Vincent Promo is going to be released soon. Decent card for sure.
rvbQrvy.jpg

Gonna help with Death Sentence....which is good if you play 2-077L. Sucks for everyone else.

Drop me a PM if you want to trade or buy any cards. I have a lot of OPUS-2 I am looking to get rid of. Will trade or sell for super cheap, even to the U.S.

Card Boy

Banned
Sort of thinking of jumping back in but building only a budget deck. Unfortunately i need 3 Minwu's which is a bit pricey.

conkwe

Neo Member
I'm auctioning off my singles at the FFTCG Forum: http://fftcg.boards.net/thread/67/auction-fftcg-opus-eng-singles. Ends April 28. I do have extras for most cards, so I'm looking for Zidane L and promo cards, except for nonfoil Sephiroth. PM me if anyone has some for trade.

Anyone excited for the Worlds Championship? EU Regionals are coming up pretty soon next month. USA has theirs in September, which is a long ways from now. :/

I'm auctioning off my singles at the FFTCG Forum: http://fftcg.boards.net/thread/67/auction-fftcg-opus-eng-singles. Ends April 28. I do have extras for most cards, so I'm looking for Zidane L and promo cards, except for nonfoil Sephiroth. PM me if anyone has some for trade.

Anyone excited for the Worlds Championship? EU Regionals are coming up pretty soon next month. USA has theirs in September, which is a long ways from now. :/

I am! I am going to attend. I don't have any spare Zidanes but I'll keep an eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom