• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Square Enix Trademarked 'Final Fantasy Dimensions'

Why do they need to trademark this? If some other company tried making a game called 'Final Fantasy Dimensions', surely Square could sue the fuck out of them anyway?

Einhander

This sounds to me like something having to do with the 3DS augmented reality feature, or generally, a 3DS game. My curiosity is piqued.

wildfire

Banned
It would be cool if this was a crossover RPG for some of their best Final Fantasies.

It doesn't have to be in the vein of the DC Infinite Crisis storyline but that is the vibe I get when I see that title.

If it is an augmented reality game, it doesn't make sense to only put it on the 3DS, seeing as the Vita's AR is pretty fucking awesome too.

Einhander

New MMORPG set across the different worlds of Final Fantasy Titles

Interesting, though, to change that idea a bit and expand on it, it could be a single player game and about new characters traveling to the different Final Fantasy game worlds and perhaps changing events for whatever plot-related reason.

Takao

Banned
So 3DS games would have "Dimensions," while Vita games would have "Next."

There's no real proof of the "Dimensions" subtitle being a Nintendo moniker when there's a bunch of "3D" games. "NEXT" came from when Vita was still "Next Generation Portable".

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
3DS compilation/port of the Dissidia games with one or two new characters from XIII-2 & XIV would be my guess!

Takao

Banned
Do any Square games on the Vita have AR?
Because I was talking specifically about Braverly Default and that this could be the Western name for this game...

Square Enix hasn't developed a Vita game yet, though they've published 2 of them (1 is a PSP port and the other may or may not be a PSP port). I'm just a bit confused as to why AR = "Dimensions". 3D makes sense. AR? Not so much.

B.K.

Maybe they're renaming Theatrhythm for America and Europe. Maybe they finally realized what a stupid name it is.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Why not? DS -> 3DS quickie ports exist so why not PSP -> 3DS ones? It seems like the kind of cheap thing they'd do and would prolly get away with it to!

I meant, why would you think they'd make a Dissidia game without Dissidia in the title?

Maybe they're renaming Theatrhythm for America and Europe. Maybe they finally realized what a stupid name it is.

I honestly like the Theatrhythm title.

I really like "theater" and "rhythm" as words. They just roll off the tongue. The combination of both is mind-blowing.

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
I meant, why would you think they'd make a Dissidia game without Dissidia in the title?

Didn't they say something to the effect of Dissidia Duowhatever would be the last one they're making anytime soon? Slightly altering the title would get around that! Plus name changes for ports to completely different platforms/userbases are somewhat common ta sucker new people that dun know better.

People who are hoping for more out of this than the Western title for Bravely Default are going to be disappointed, I think.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
People who are hoping for more out of this than the Western title for Bravely Default are going to be disappointed, I think.

But it isn't an FF game, why would SE call it BD in Japan when it's an FF title ? I don't get it.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
But it isn't an FF game, why would SE call it BD in Japan when it's an FF title ? I don't get it.

Well, this isn't without precedent.

finalfantasylegendiiixfkp8.jpg

saga3-jp-box-art4pk0q.jpg

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member

Because "Bravely Default: Flying Fairy" would not sell in the west, at all. Not only does it not have the name recognition of Final Fantasy, but it also sounds like some EC rated little girls game. I thought it was obvious the game was going to have a name change if it were released in the west from the moment it was announced, and given that it's a spiritual sequel to 4WoL, giving it a Final Fantasy title isn't too farfetched.

Top Bottom