• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT3| The Token King

KiDdYoNe

Noice, new page.

@PS4 LF1M - Regular Trials. Have positive KD, don't "rush b" and be in EU timezones, rest we'll learn together.

Auctopus

Is there a better shotgun than Hawthorne's Field-Forged? 'Cause I've been infusing that up to about 290 and it absolutely RIPS.

CLBridges

Don't need anything Xur is selling. Hopefully in the future Xur will have more variety in the stuff it sells. Who am I kidding, anything interesting will be put in Eververse. It is what it is though.

Iron Banner armor looks cool, no weapons though? Guess they need to hold that back for November IB. Will anything unique be made available from Prestige Raid? We'll find out soon enough and, imo, that will truly solidify what direction Bungie is taking D2 in.

TsuWave

If I knew this game was gonna turn out like this I wouldn't have bought the digital deluxe version, but I figured "if any game is a certainty for me, it's destiny", boy was I wrong

game is incredibly shallow/hollow

Don't need anything Xur is selling. Hopefully in the future Xur will have more variety in the stuff it sells. Who am I kidding, anything interesting will be put in Eververse. It is what it is though.

Iron Banner armor looks cool, no weapons though? Guess they need to hold that back for November IB. Will anything unique be made available from Prestige Raid? We'll find out soon enough and, imo, that will truly solidify what direction Bungie is taking D2 in.

Right it looks like all the prestige raid will give is a gold version of the armor and Calus shader, an emblem, and an ornament for the raid shotgun.

Hyun Sai

What are the vendors / factions / planets most likely to drop any kind of legendary tracking (or cluster bomb) rocket launcher. I never looted any since launch (only one blue Reginar B yesterday during Nightfall...).

What are the vendors / factions / planets most likely to drop any kind of legendary tracking (or cluster bomb) rocket launcher. I never looted any since launch (only one blue Reginar B yesterday during Nightfall...).

Only Zavala and the raid have Cluster Bomb rockets. I don't know about tracking.

ramyeon

I think I’m only missing like 3 exotic weapons besides the raid one so Xur is gonna be pretty boring from here on out :( wtf am I supposed to do with all these shards?

Floody

I think I’m only missing like 3 exotic weapons besides the raid one so Xur is gonna be pretty boring from here on out :( wtf am I supposed to do with all these shards?

I'm in the same spot, got pretty much all the armour pieces too.

Hopefully they give Xur more swag, already have like over a 1000 shards.

I have every weapon except Borealis and Xur isn't going to carry that ever I assume. I need two pieces of Warlock gear and three each on Titans and Hunters. I've been pretty lucky with exotics, if only I could get a 300 Warlock robe or 300 Titan mark I could hit 305 on a character.

MazeHaze

Banned
Man, the progression when you hit 265 really sucks. There's no point in really even playing the game, even legendary Engrams are insignificant. I know it gets better, but I went from having a blast to not even wanting to play.

It's fucking ridiculous that I'm at 269 all of the gear that drops is 263, and legendary engrams are 265. All I can do is flashpoint and nightfall, then I guess I'm done for the week.

Played about an hour and a half last night, got my flashpoint milestone. Oh great, an exotic, so if I want to equip I have to unequal a different exotic, so my light level stays the same. Super cool. There's no reason to play until next week now. This sucks.

Edit:I hate PVP too.

PatDH

Man, the progression when you hit 265 really sucks. There's no point in really even playing the game, even legendary Engrams are insignificant. I know it gets better, but I went from having a blast to not even wanting to play.

It's fucking ridiculous that I'm at 269 all of the gear that drops is 263, and legendary engrams are 265. All I can do is flashpoint and nightfall, then I guess I'm done for the week.

Played about an hour and a half last night, got my flashpoint milestone. Oh great, an exotic, so if I want to equip I have to unequal a different exotic, so my light level stays the same. Super cool. There's no reason to play until next week now. This sucks.

Just infuse the exotic into the corresponding weapon/armour piece - getting lucky with exotic drops that are higher than what you currently have in that slot is a good way to creep your PL up.

Bold One

Wrath of the Machine is my favorite too. It's a great time. The words I use to describe it are Intense, Frantic and Engaging. That's how I felt my first time through. Really enjoyed running it.

Side note: It can be really demoralizing to see the vocal Destiny community hubs turning on the game so quickly these past few weeks. Game definitely has problems, but I hope this built up of anger can be quelled in a reasonable way. The Destiny Community is definitely seeming a bit more.. on edge than usual. I'm not looking forward to losing spaces to actually discuss the game. I feel that Reddit has devolved into a place to rant about misgivings and hope that the Bungie, the great betrayer, takes notice.

Destiny is a game that tries to have something for everyone, not surprised some at some of the backlash. While D2 is not perfect, I find the histrionics about D1 perplexing, talk about looking back with some rose tinteds or perhaps this is psychological akin to Stockholm syndrome - I recall a game with absolutely no respect for your time and while fun it was an unrewarding affair.

One thing is true, the ball is in Bungo's court, meaningful content updates would go a long way to keeping folks engaged.

MazeHaze

Banned
Just infuse the exotic into the corresponding weapon/armour piece - getting lucky with exotic drops that are higher than what you currently have in that slot is a good way to creep your PL up.
Hmmm. Good thing the game tells you fuck all about how infusions work. I have exotic legs that are like 272, and I got an exotic chest that is 280, what do I infuse, and what does it get me?

GlamFM

Banned
Destiny is a game that tries to have something for everyone, not surprised some at some of the backlash. While D2 is not perfect, I find the histrionics about D1 perplexing, talk about looking back with some rose tinteds or perhaps this is psychological akin to Stockholm syndrome - I recall a game with absolutely no respect for your time and while fun it was an unrewarding affair.

One thing is true, the ball is in Bungo's court, meaningful content updates would go a long way to keeping folks engaged.

I always thought that this "respecting time" thing was a bullshit catchphrase that in the context of video games never made sense (to me).

Year 1 Destiny 1 was Bestiny. I also found it way more rewarding. You did not get meaningless crap all the time - you got NOTHING!

BUT! When you finally did get something (So almost never)...... OH BOY! That was exciting! THAT WAS REWARDING.

If I can choose between getting 100 Monopoly Dollars every day or 100 actual US Dollars a month I´ll go for the latter.

Getting garbage is not rewarding.

PatDH

Hmmm. Good thing the game tells you fuck all about how infusions work. I have exotic legs that are like 272, and I got an exotic chest that is 280, what do I infuse, and what does it get me?

You can only infuse legs into legs, chests into chests, scout rifles into scout rifles etc etc but basically the easiest way to check is to press Y or triangle on the gear you want to infuse & move the cursor over the infuse section - which I think will be the left most option (beside where you put on shaders & mods).

It'll show you what you've got for that slot, what you can infuse & what you can't (won't be able to infuse if the items PL is too low or its base PL is too low). Basically if it lets you hold down X or square to infuse then you'll raise the PL of the item you pressed Y/triangle on.

Hope that kind of makes sense - play around with it as if you're just around 269 PL then you've got nothing to lose really. Any exotics you dismantle you'll be able to get them back again later by going to the collections tab in the vault. I'm not the best at explaining things but yeah give it a go :)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Anyone know when we're getting our light back?

Once you pay your Bill

Also really?, Waking up and swing no IB weapons, what?

You rebadged all the Faction Rally weapons with Faction insignia from gun models prior, yet can't be asked to create one for each class and throw an IB logo on it and call it a day

So now you won't earn anything at end of a match during IB Loot wise?
Hows that enticing?
If people could earn their gear while playing, then using their tokens and hope RNG rolls in their favor for missing pieces.

Now to see how much winning team gets and losing team
I'm guessing 5 for win, 2 for loss or if they really want to casual it up 10 Win, 5 loss
20 Tokens trade in still.
So 2 wins or 4 losses nets you a package

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member

yeah this is what where I'm at. I would happily run strikes repeatedly if there was some chance a higher light legendary would drop. Fucking gladly! But apparently that's a no go.

Even if I wanted to hold out for higher level exotic drops for infusion, I can just run publics for the same reward -- which is convenient, I guess, but nowhere near as fun.

I dunno, I really hate what they did to strikes this time. Maybe I'm in the minority, but they were my favourite part of TTK. (I never had a group for a raid.)

GraveRobberX

You can get them back for 10 legendary shards and some glimmer.

I read the questions and answer wrong, brain hasn't fully started up, oh wells, hope this info helps others

Its 5 Shards

10 Legendary Shards to buy back an Exotic from Collections

5 for Exotic, 3 from Legendary, 1 from Legendary Mod for dismantle purposes

I know I'm late to this, but wow is Actium War Rig and Sweet Business together a ton of fun. You just shoot and shoot and shoot until nothing is left standing or you run out of ammo whichever happens first.

GraveRobberX

What's this about?

If your base 300 or 305, it will matter, until then it's nothing

Vendors rotate their Engram PL from 295-300 including the weapon from exotic quest

You have to hit soft base cap to get it working in your favor

Once your 305, there's websites where people input info to let others know which Vendor is at 300
It's universal for everyone, but you have to be again at soft cap of base 300 or 305 with mods

What's this about?

Every 30 min or something the vendors cycle the power level of the engrams you can receive once you're base 300.

So when that vendor is offering 300 level engrams, you can just spam your tokens and receive a bunch of 300 items (sometimes 305).

Vic_Viper

How have they not released a Heroic/Prestiege set of Strikes yet lol. They should have been included with the base game tbh. Having them be at 140 still is such a waste of content that becomes almost worthless once your level 20. Hell they don't even have Heroic versions of the story missions to replay, which is what the memory thing should have been each week from Zavala.

MazeHaze

Banned
yeah this is what where I'm at. I would happily run strikes repeatedly if there was some chance a higher light legendary would drop. Fucking gladly! But apparently that's a no go.

Even if I wanted to hold out for higher level exotic drops for infusion, I can just run publics for the same reward -- which is convenient, I guess, but nowhere near as fun.

I dunno, I really hate what they did to strikes this time. Maybe I'm in the minority, but they were my favourite part of TTK. (I never had a group for a raid.)
Yeah It's kind of bullshit. It's like once you hit 265 they gate off all the content you were having fun with, and force you to only do one or two things for a couple weeks. How long does it take to get through this hump? It's honestly killed all of the fun I was having and is burning me out.

Cornbread78

Finally got my Warlock to 292... but spent all my glimmer and shards upgrading my secondary weapons so now I have nothing left for Xur.. the grind is real!

E92 M3

Things I don´t like about the new Iron Banner:

-Power Level does not matter
-No post match rewards
-Token system
-Getting tokens for losing
-Just armor, no guns(?)

Overall I´m really disappointed.

Post match rewards are way more exciting than turning in tokens - especially because you can keep playing without having to go to a vendor to see what you got.

I also feel like it´s again too rewarding. It took me 3 Iron Banners to complete my Armor set in D1. When I finally got it I FELT AMAZING! By the looks of it you can get your full set pretty quickly this time around, because the entire set can drop.

I want them to stop giving out loot like candy. "The journey is the reward".

And where are the guns?

LOL - too rewarding?

They better give me tokens for losing, otherwise, I'm not wasting my time. I normally like to play solo and knock games out - win or lose.

ocean

Banned

It’s not just Flashpoint and NF. There’s also a Powerfful engram drop for completing your weekly clan XP contribution, there’s another for completing the Raid, there’s Call to Arms (play 5 PvP games roughly), there’s Trials. All of these will give you 1 powerful weapon AND an armor piece, so leveling up isn’t hard at all once you check them off your list.

Ultimately though, don’t be fooled into thinking the fun in the game is making an arbitrary number move higher. Power level is ultimately inconsequential outside of Prestige activities, also don’t let that get in the way of your fun. If what you like is playing Strikes, then play Strikes! So what if the little meaningless numbers don’t move higher?

Top Bottom