• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VI iOS/Android screenshots [Up: Larger]

PFD

Hmmmm...

xHm4vbG.jpg

0.jpg

As an observer who has never played the game, that original screen looks awful.

Teknoman

I dislike ios gaming in general because I hate not having buttons, but other than its platform I don't see whats wrong with it, the "Its hideous" comments seem grossly exaggerated.

They smoothed and smudged the hell out of the character sprites and environment details, aside from the empire building.

I dislike ios gaming in general because I hate not having buttons, but other than its platform I don't see whats wrong with it, the "Its hideous" comments seem grossly exaggerated.

I'm with you. I've got no intention of buying this or any cellphone games but if you guys want hideous just look at FF4 DS. This doesn't look awful.

If they released this on XBL / PSN / Wii ware and it has achievements and stuff I would buy it.

Its just a shame Square hates console money.

Whyyyyyyyyy do they keep using this horrible sprite style instead of sticking closer to the original? I'll buy it because I don't have a choice. For fuck sakes.

GAMERG0D

It looks okay, better than FF V. I can't believe mobile gets this and San Andreas in the same month, so much goodness.

Rootbeer

Banned
Looks like they are putting a little more effort into this one. I like the text box. Sprites are big improvement over some of the recent "remasters"

But the lack of detail in the graphics that is lost in the translation is a real bummer.

There's actually some hope that I could buy it! But we'll see.

Dark_castle

.....there were houses down there?

Narshe.

While I still am not too fond of the RPG Maker sprites (and by extension and font and UI), I like that they re-designed the backdrops.

If they improve the game difficulty here, I might bite. FFVI is my one of my favorite RPG of all time.

RedBoot

If they released this on XBL / PSN / Wii ware and it has achievements and stuff I would buy it.

Its just a shame Square hates console money.

This (and even the FF5 remake) would be nice on Vita, since the PS1 versions of these games have their own issues.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
I don't mind the smooth sprites, what I hate is Square's terrible English font in every iOS game. At least try.

RedBoot

I don't mind the smooth sprites, what I hate is Square's terrible English font in every iOS game. At least try.

Their fonts/UI are designed to be easily translated into various languages, so you get a crappy one size fits all approach. Sucks, but it makes development easier/cheaper.

Here's a less compressed SNES version:

UNxAJRj.jpg

GBA port:

Uf0lzN5.jpg

iOS / Android port:

xtduinI.jpg

Is the GBA port substantially brightened to make up for the lack of a backlight on the GBA screens? Does that mean the mobile version will have the narshe raid start at high noon, then have it suddenly become night again as the opening credits roll?

duckroll

Their fonts/UI are designed to be easily translated into various languages, so you get a crappy one size fits all approach. Sucks, but it makes development easier/cheaper.

Yeah, cheap is definitely the first thing that comes to mind with these ports. It's a pity they don't care to threat their classics better!

Top Bottom